Whatever happened to "In Ken we trust"?

Remove this Banner Ad

You can make stats say anything really. 9 from 21 looks pretty ordinary but it needs to be put into context - 3 games v Sydney, 3 games v Fremantle (all of which were in WA), 2 games v Hawthorn. So 40% of those games have been against the best 3 teams in the league. It's not a fair sample space.

Ordinarily I'd agree. Right up until the past fortnight.

Burgess on radio yesterday, said our first 5 weeks as hard as any teams been given that he could remember.
Very young squad. All things considered we're doing ok. Sure last week wasn't good but time to panic.....nup.
Feel for Broady tho

Kern or Ken is a great coach I trust his judgment.

I think the boys are on an emotional downer. Prepping for the big games and mental let down for the lesser games.

This season is far from over. Fremantle won 4 and lost 4 of their first 8 games last year, but still made the top 4. That's where we'll be if we win tomorrow - it's then up to the boys to get on a roll and when several games in a row, which they're definitely capable of doing if their attitude is right.

Certainly still believe in Ken but as the Boss once said in an intro to the song War blind faith in your leaders or anything will get you killed. Now believing in Ken won't get me killed, this is football not war. But nobody is 24K solid gold and there is nothing wrong with taking a peak beneath the gilding occasionally and making comment.

We're supporters that's what we do. Blind faith doesn't make you a better supporter than the next guy.

There have been issues for me with a few things this season - the pre-season was disjointed and wafted complacency; selection this year has been a bit curious although as pastmyprimus noted it's mostly around the periphery and shouldn't affect result - still some senior players have been given a fair form line to recapture; and there has been play that is frighteningly reminiscent of the bad old days.

We can still trust in Ken and voice our concerns. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Ordinarily I'd agree. Right up until the past fortnight.

Absolutely. That's why I'd prefer we say the last fortnight has been deplorable and the season as a whole patchy. The 9 from 21 includes, for example, narrow away defeats to Sydney, Hawthorn and Fremantle (twice) that far from being indicative of us being s**t, were actually quite meritorious in a way. No doubt we're in a form slump but that stat is just disingenuous.

I think a lot of us forget that this is only the beginning of Kens third year as a senior coach. He's still finding his way too and I'm confident he will improve in time.

Ken doesn't talk bs or talk down to us supporters. He's genuine and he respects us as supporters. It's easier to trust someone who speaks the truth.

I'm not suggesting our form will turn around soon and we will be back to our best but I do believe in the long run we have the right man for the job.

We'll turn the corner and get our mojo back but it's now a matter of how much we **** up our season before it happens.. we have to win and win ugly if need be till it clicks

:hearts: Ken but not in :hearts: with selections of late

My only issue with this year so far is selections. (Redden. Derp)

We forget just how good Ollie and Polly are.

Not to mention adapting to life with 1 less runner.

It will be an interesting little period post Kornes and I look forward to seeing how the team settles back down. Who knows, Kern might have earmarked Broady to come back to midfield duties with Kraks inclusion.

Certainly still believe in Ken but as the Boss once said in an intro to the song War blind faith in your leaders or anything will get you killed. Now believing in Ken won't get me killed, this is football not war. But nobody is 24K solid gold and there is nothing wrong with taking a peak beneath the gilding occasionally and making comment.

We're supporters that's what we do. Blind faith doesn't make you a better supporter than the next guy.

There have been issues for me with a few things this season - the pre-season was disjointed and wafted complacency; selection this year has been a bit curious although as pastmyprimus noted it's mostly around the periphery and shouldn't affect result - still some senior players have been given a fair form line to recapture; and there has been play that is frighteningly reminiscent of the bad old days.

We can still trust in Ken and voice our concerns. The two are not mutually exclusive.
The only real questions for mine have been around having too many supposedly unfit players at once plus an interesting substitution or 2 during games. Playing Redden was just a utensil up that happens from time to time.

Wrt too many unfit players is it to try and get players match fit as fast as possible or the old of 50%of someone is worth more than 100% of someone else. Hopefully it was to try and get players fit asap.

Any excuse to mention The Boss hey Ford :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly still believe in Ken but as the Boss once said in an intro to the song War blind faith in your leaders or anything will get you killed. Now believing in Ken won't get me killed, this is football not war. But nobody is 24K solid gold and there is nothing wrong with taking a peak beneath the gilding occasionally and making comment....
We're supporters that's what we do. Blind faith doesn't make you a better supporter than the next guy......

That sounds like the intro to his concert at Docklands in 2003, the day Bush invaded Iraq. Still getting people killed.

Yeah it sounds like some of our fans arent good at multitasking. Cant do 2 things at once.

That sounds like the intro to his concert at Docklands in 2003, the day Bush invaded Iraq. Still getting people killed.

Yeah it sounds like some of our fans arent good at multitasking. Cant do 2 things at once.

The Boss has probably used it a few times but I'm pretty sure it's on the single that was released.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back