Site Blocking in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

I built my own seedbox last year in anticipation for such laws.

How did you build your own seedbox?

Then how can it get around these Laws as it’s in Australia?

How did you build your own seedbox?

Then how can it get around these Laws as it’s in Australia?
I bought a Gigabyte Brix PC last year (basically a really tiny PC which can be left on 24/7) which sits next to my router. Installed Windows 7 and torrenting software on it. Connected it to a VPN. Basically I download things on it, downloads overnight or over a long period, VPN protects it from prying eyes. I use remote desktop on my main PC to access it. I have it linked to my phone so I can add .torrent files when I'm at work or out and about. And when something has finished downloading, I just copy the file/folder over the network and onto my PC. Usually most of my downloads are episodes of TV shows that has just came out in the US; I buy the DVD or Bluray later on when it comes out here.

It's not *exactly* a seedbox (a big factor of a seedbox is it is connected to a super fast internet connection, and files can be accessed using a secure protocol such as FTPS or HTTPS) but it does the job well. Because it's on 24/7, most torrents are left there to be seeded. Also helps to have a big quota or unlimited quota.

I bought a Gigabyte Brix PC last year (basically a really tiny PC which can be left on 24/7) which sits next to my router. Installed Windows 7 and torrenting software on it. Connected it to a VPN. Basically I download things on it, downloads overnight or over a long period, VPN protects it from prying eyes. I use remote desktop on my main PC to access it. I have it linked to my phone so I can add .torrent files when I'm at work or out and about. And when something has finished downloading, I just copy the file/folder over the network and onto my PC. Usually most of my downloads are episodes of TV shows that has just came out in the US; I buy the DVD or Bluray later on when it comes out here.

It's not *exactly* a seedbox (a big factor of a seedbox is it is connected to a super fast internet connection, and files can be accessed using a secure protocol such as FTPS or HTTPS) but it does the job well. Because it's on 24/7, most torrents are left there to be seeded. Also helps to have a big quota or unlimited quota.
Do you use private trackers? If not, a VPN will not mask your torrent traffic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back