Preview Round 8: Port Adelaide V Richmond @ Adelaide Oval - Sunday 4.40pm, 24/05/15

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can kind of understand it, but i'm not happy about it. Menadue is very very quick and fit, exactly what you want in a sub. He'll make teams think when he comes on, and as Tigerbob said last week he opens up space with his running ability. But its frustrating for his development as it takes away valuable game time.

McDonough in some ways playing AFL will hurt him (the way Dimma wants to play him). Playing as the sub won't push him into best 21 calculations and will probably in fact shunt him further down the pecking order. Nor being will being a travelling emergency help him, it's better he dominates VFL this week then doesn't play.

That all being said he should be playing ahead of Morris.

I think Lennon is something similar as above as he played sub too much last year.

Conca needs to dominate VFL, he has been very good in his two games but I guess they want him to take a game apart before he gets back up to AFL level. But thats just a theory.

Yeah this is pretty much spot on. You'd like to see McDonough come into the side as a small forward who pinch-hits in the midfield in the next few weeks and get an extended run at it. Lennon needs a few games to get settled when he gets his next chance too. I'd be playing these two over Morris (at least as a forward), Grigg (unless he stays at the level he showed last week and in 2012), Newman, Lloyd, Gordon....

This game shapes our season.
Win this and I would be confidant we are finals bound and that our start to the season was just a thing of the past.
Lose in a close one, finals will be hard but I would still be happy that we have turned our season around.
If we get smashed, we are no where near where we thought we were and heads need to roll.

This game shapes our season.
Win this and I would be confidant we are finals bound and that our start to the season was just a thing of the past.
Lose in a close one, finals will be hard but I would still be happy that we have turned our season around.
If we get smashed, we are no where near where we thought we were and heads need to roll.

Where do you think we are? I think we are a 7-12 team, with luck, no injuries maybe 5-6. We are not and were not going to be a top 4 team.

If anything we have more to prove.
We need to show the AFL we are contenders and not pretenders.

2 reasons to fire up

1. Last years loss should be burning in all our players.
2. Our shitty start should also be burning in all our players.

I agree. But reality is afl sides do have weeks when they're more motivated and switched on compared to others

Only the crap ones! The best teams play well and are prepared each and every week. We are not one of those teams though :( Port's best is better than our best but their worst.... I mean losing to Brisbane.... that's just poor.

Where do you think we are? I think we are a 7-12 team, with luck, no injuries maybe 5-6. We are not and were not going to be a top 4 team.
I thought we were 4-6 honestly.

Hawks, Freo, Swans top 3

Richmond, Port, North in no particular order as the next 3

I honestly thought we were above the 7-12 crop.

I was hoping we could get 14+ wins and encourage some FA to come over to Tigerland and cement our spot in top4 for 2016

I thought we were 4-6 honestly.

Hawks, Freo, Swans top 3

Richmond, Port, North in no particular order as the next 3

I honestly thought we were above the 7-12 crop.

I was hoping we could get 14+ wins and encourage some FA to come over to Tigerland and cement our spot in top4 for 2016

Fair enough, I didn't think we were quite that good.... At our best yes, but how often do we play at our best?

Fair enough, I didn't think we were quite that good.... At our best yes, but how often do we play at our best?
Thats the thing.
I expected more consistency from us this year. I think that is the only thing stopping us from being that 4-6 side.
We really need to finish that high this year if we are any chance of a flag from 2016-2017. We need top players to nominate us otherwise we will not see a flag for another 15 years.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should bring in a meatrologist to advise Cotch what to do
What about these pair of bunns i mean Jane Bunn.
29giiv5.jpg

All these boys need to do is be competitive against sides like Freo, Port, Sydney and Hawks, with 1-2 scalpings.

If there would have been 1 game that I would have accepted an uncompetitive performance though for the whole year, I say it would be the game tomorrow against Port. Yes, we have a lot to prove as well and it is a good opportunity to do so, but for some reason it ended up that Port have more to prove, because this game is a make or break game for their season (plus Kane Cornes' 300th). However, it really isn't for us. We could get smashed tomorrow and it wouldn't say much about us. It would say more about them. This is why I am not as fussed as I would normally be if tomorrow results in a smashing (as long as it isn't a 100+ margin or a 180+ score :eek:). I trust that even if they get smashed tomorrow, they will still be competitive against the other good sides

Nevertheless, if they are going to be uncompetitive this weekend, let this be their last smashing for the season and compensate for percentage through other games.

PS. I know it may not be the best attitude to have, but I am willing to downgrade my expectations and standards tomorrow to save myself from being angry if a belting does ensue

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back