Round 8 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
FWIW Syd, Bris and WCE were in the comp in 1990.
yup was ok until then imo. south melbourne and fitzroy moving north dont have such a problem with.
even port adelaide with there history i dont mind so much.
just get over tosses who think there stall wart and there clubs like 10 years old.

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
I like Miller - he's a fan of getting his own ball.

TheOz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Token American sports team
Why did they agree though? That's the point. Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon, Richmond - all the big clubs agreed too.
Of course, you reckon the big clubs wouldn't tow the afl line? The AFL have come close to destroying so called "big clubs" before. (Carlton).

Anyway, * it. Touk is playing!

Hairy Lager

Chug!!
10k Posts
Feb 22, 2011
Loving the Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons
Of course, you reckon the big clubs wouldn't tow the afl line? The AFL have come close to destroying so called "big clubs" before. (Carlton).

Anyway, **** it. Touk is playing!
Because the game is bigger than any club, so thankyou Melbs for inventing it. Cheers.

yup was ok until then imo. south melbourne and fitzroy moving north dont have such a problem with.
even port adelaide with there history i dont mind so much.
just get over tosses who think there stall wart and there clubs like 10 years old.
I don't know why we needed two teams in NSW/QLD which are NRL States. 18 teams unbalances the league too much. Next Friday nights game is going to be almost unwatchable. How good would it have been to see GC/GWS players in Carl, Melb, Bris, StK jumpers. How good would the league be then.

16 teams with 2xWA, 2xSA, 1xNSW, 1xQLD, 1xGEEL, 8xMELB and a relocated NM to Tas would have been ideal IMO.

TheOz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Token American sports team
Full-Time scores:
scores.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crawb

Norm Smith Medallist
SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
i realise id be one of the few that feel this way.
but id love them to just kik out all the post 1990 clubs go back the vfl.
bring back the biff and 2$ pies at the g.
vfl always had the best players anyways. why do we need the gc?
Yes, because Adelaide, Port Adelaide, Fremantle & the Brisbane Lions don't have any fans or anything :drunk::rolleyes:

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't know why we needed two teams in NSW/QLD which are NRL States. 18 teams unbalances the league too much. Next Friday nights game is going to be almost unwatchable. How good would it have been to see GC/GWS players in Carl, Melb, Bris, StK jumpers. How good would the league be then.

16 teams with 2xWA, 2xSA, 1xNSW, 1xQLD, 1xGEEL, 8xMELB and a relocated NM to Tas would have been ideal IMO.
yah not so keen on the kangas moving but. yes 100%
west coast was a mistake imo.
should have used a wafl club with a real history.
same can be said for the crows.
manufactured crap.

Carlton were one of a number of teams to rort the cap, Carlton were the ones made an example of to stop it.
Maybe the AFL got sick of them just buying Premierships in the 70's and 80's ??

Nope, that doesn't make sense actually. They bought in FA which does the same thing.

yah not so keen on the kangas moving but. yes 100%
west coast was a mistake imo.
should have used a wafl club with a real history.
same can be said for the crows.
manufactured crap.
That was so they could build state sides to get fans to follow them. If Norwood had entered, for example, a lot of SA people wouldn't have followed them. Pretty much the issue Port has. WCE and ADEL membership figures speak for themselves. A great success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back