Chris Judd or Nat Fyfe, whose first 100 games were better ?

DaVillaBlues

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Aug 3, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
New England Patriots, Man City
Think its a worthwhile question to ask as we celebrate Fyfe's 100th game tonight, both these two champions have had the best first 100 games in living memory (least in my lifetime of watching footy)

Probably have to give it to Judd, given that he had won a Brownlow and Norm Smith in his first 100 games, but blimey Fyfe is getting better and better and seems probable to have a longer sustained period of (individual) greatness than Juddy.

Fyfe is by the best player in the league now, and won't even peak for another 3/4 years.

Fyfe is by the best player in the league now, and won't even peak for another 3/4 years.
What bollocks. Based on what?

Edit - bollocks on the not peaking for another 3/4 years part.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
West Coast Judd is the arguably the greatest midfielder of all time. He did things that no other midfielder could do... And he did them frequently

Fyfe is good but Eagle Judd was the GOAT

It actually quite annoys me how people have forgotten how good Judd was.

Best inside and outside kid in the league by a mile. Superstar.

Always Ballin

Social Activist. Freedom Fighter. Feminist.
Jan 11, 2015
Main Forum Poster
AFL Club
West Coast
It actually quite annoys me how people have forgotten how good Judd was.

Best inside and outside kid in the league by a mile. Superstar.
People used to criticize him... Saying Cousins and Kerr did all the hard work inside and Judd got the outside running possessions... There was some truth to that, but it wasn't a representation of Judd's ability, more so his role in the midfield that was one of the greatest mids of all time. And if anything, he proved he could do it from the inside with Carlton, even won a brownlow (Swan should have won it, but Judd should have won the next year when Swan did so it evens out)...

Imagine if he went to Hawthorn after 2007... He'd probably be the unanimous GOAT that Ablett is looking like now.

Furn2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Judd, Fyfe has just arrived at prime Judds level this year. Could end up better though, is a more compete player.

Your living memory is pretty average. Lockett, Voss, Hird and Wanganeen had all won Brownlow's before 100 games, Carey was already ripping teams apart week to week, McLeod had two Norm Smiths, Dunstall had kicked 419 goals, Lockett 387, Ablett Snr 332 from the wing...

There's lots of competition for the mantle.

Banker

Club Legend
May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Judd, but whats scary Fyfe wasn't ready for footy when started and nearly got the same stats as Judd!

Fyfe pretty much started with a -50 game start because lack of playing younger days and body of a shrimp lol

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
People always pull out the will only get better/hasnt peaked line but it isnt true. If you are the best player in the comp you aren't going to get much better than that. People said the same thing about Judd when he was with us and he actually got worse with Carlton. Same with Naitanui. He has levelled off.

Barry_Badrinath

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2011
Bathing in Premiership Glory
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grand Finals at the Gabba
Think its a worthwhile question to ask as we celebrate Fyfe's 100th game tonight, both these two champions have had the best first 100 games in living memory (least in my lifetime of watching footy)

I'm not sure if you're aware, but humans in this country have a life expectancy of 82 years. Some even live to be 90-100. I'm sure there are plenty of people alive today that remember Tony Lockett, Jason Dunstall, Gary Ablett Snr, Bob Skilton, Polly Farmer, Royce Hart, Peter Hudson, Leigh Matthews and Ron Barassi. In fact there might even be a few people around that remember Haydyn Bunton or Dick Reynolds debuting.

Also, I'd take Buddy's first 100 games over Fyfe's too.

Jafa

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2002
Kalgoorlie
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subi
Sure he'll end up at Freo in the next few years. Same with McGovern. The heart wants what the heart wants, afterall.

Yeah well - what the heart really wants is grand final wins and that's something Freo just don't heart. West Coast know how to do it so I reckon they might just stay.

Spoken4

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle & Peel Thunder
Yeah well - what the heart really wants is grand final wins and that's something Freo just don't heart. West Coast know how to do it so I reckon they might just stay.

Is that how it works for you? Switching to the team that wins the grand final? Most supporters seem to support the same team for life. In which case would make Yeo and McGovern Fremantle supporters through till the end.

Back