Analysis Post game Pies v Suns. A terrific win

Remove this Banner Ad

A win is a win is a win.

Yes there were errors and some sloppy play but how good to see White play with confidence, Elliott come good in the second half, Fasola get some important goals, Pendlebury play a great captain's game for his 200th, and Goldsack play a blinder.
Everyone contributed and we saw some best efforts from many.

And boy, was it good to have Sidebottom back

Hope Frost is ok.

71 POSSESSIONS FOR SWANDLEBURY.

CFrfp1LUEAA0IST.jpg

Varcoe looked good offensively off half back but seriously lack confidence in him when he has to defend. Lucky we were playing the GC.

Langdon was woeful and can't see what everyone else sees in him. I'd drop him for Ramsay or Tooves.

Centre clearances still a massive concern.

Good win nevertheless.

Should be in 5th place come the end of the round, not bad! Pies looked good tonight, were never going to lose, looked like a mature team just a bit off their game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know, I reckon we were still pretty average tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were worse than average. Bad kicking for goal and the fact that it was their reserves side is the only reason we got that result.

Will want to play far better next week.
We don't expect to win every week. Just want to see development in players like Marley and co and want to see players having a dip. Our intensity dips at times. The Kangas are very hard at the contest so could be a tough hit out.

Varcoe looked good offensively off half back but seriously lack confidence in him when he has to defend. Lucky we were playing the GC.

Langdon was woeful and can't see what everyone else sees in him. I'd drop him for Ramsay or Tooves.

Centre clearances still a massive concern.

Good win nevertheless.
Negative. Langdon was fine.

We don't expect to win every week. Just want to see development in players like Marley and co and want to see players having a dip. Our intensity dips at times. The Kangas are very hard at the contest so could be a tough hit out.

No doubt. But that doesn't change the fact that we'll need to play better than that to have a serious shot.

Where did the entitlement on this forum come from? How often do people say we're a young side, it will take time, etc and then the second we aren't kicking a goal a minute, people write the team off. At least add something to the discussion, rather than simply posting "we are s**t" or insulting a player.

We just did what we had to tonight, least impressive 11 goal win I've seen. Some good signs, some bad, let's just be grateful we weren't up against decent opposition. Great to see Jesse White have a good game

We were worse than average. Bad kicking for goal and the fact that it was their reserves side is the only reason we got that result.

Bullshit mate. We were sloppy in the second quarter but cleaned that up nicely in the second half. Enjoy the win and stop whinging.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back