AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

There are problems with the balance of the team that need to be fixed more than we need Laverde to debut this week (much as I'd also like to see it).

There are at least two to three changes that really need to be made to fix up the balance of the team.

There are problems with the balance of the team that need to be fixed more than we need Laverde to debut this week (much as I'd also like to see it).

There are at least two to three changes that really need to be made to fix up the balance of the team.
Like picking a genuine option as a 3rd tall who can legit play 30% match time in the ruck (McKernan) and finding one more inside mid (Kav).

Boy could be absolutely anything!

He is ridiculous over head but even more impressive is his strength through his hips. He hardly loses his feet, even when he flies for a mark and end up out of position his recovery is so good that he still beats his man (who is usually hanging off him).

His kicking is class even though he should have kicked 4 or 5 today.

He went into the middle today more than in any other game I've seen. A few time he powered his way through congestion (though this will become brutal once he fills out). He also jumped well over the rucks as third man up a few times.

He is Fyfe like. I'm more excited about Laverde than I've been about any rookie player we have ever had, including Lloyd post realisation he was a gun and I think even Daniher.

He is ridiculous over head but even more impressive is his strength through his hips. He hardly loses his feet, even when he flies for a mark and end up out of position his recovery is so good that he still beats his man (who is usually hanging off him).

He went into the middle today more than in any other game I've seen. A few time he powered his way through congestion (though this will become brutal once he fills out). He also jumped well over the rucks as third man up a few times.

He is Fyfe like. I'm more excited about Laverde than I've been about any rookie player we have ever had, including Lloyd post realisation he was a gun and I think even Daniher.

Haven't ever seen you be so effusive about any player!

Is he close to a debut?

But is he better than McKernan?

Is he close to a debut?

There is one thing no vfl watcher can tell you and it is who is close to a game. Edwards selection was a real shock.

Honestly I dont see where he fits into a team with Chapman and Cooney given that he plays mostly as a forward at this stage.

Its not to say he wont play. If there was the right injury youd play him next week. If not it might take a couple more weeks (he had a stinker against Casey so him form has been erratic).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is one thing no vfl watcher can tell you and it is who is close to a game. Edwards selection was a real shock.

Honestly I dont see where he fits into a team with Chapman and Cooney given they he plays mostly as a forward at this stage.

Its not to say he wont play. If there was the righr injury youd play him next week. If not it might take a couple more weeks (he had a stinker against Casey so him form has been erratic).
There were some whispers that the reason he slid was that he was soft. Any evidence this is the case?

There were some whispers that the reason he slid was that he was soft. Any evidence this is the case?
Absolutely none.

Honestly I dont see where he fits into a team with Chapman and Cooney given they he plays mostly as a forward at this stage.

Its not to say he wont play. If there was the righr injury youd play him next week. If not it might take a couple more weeks (he had a stinker against Casey so him form has been erratic).
This is why Chappy should be told to hang up the boots immediately. All he's doing is keeping our younger players out of the side.

This is why Chappy should be told to hang up the boots immediately. All he's doing is keeping our younger players out of the side.
Just because they are new and we want to see them play doesn't mean they should. Very few players come into the league ready to go, not everyone is Heppell. Look at Boekhurst, taken as a 21 year old and even he isn't ready to play for CARLTON.

Just because they are new and we want to see them play doesn't mean they should. Very few players come into the league ready to go, not everyone is Heppell. Look at Boekhurst, taken as a 21 year old and even he isn't ready to play for CARLTON.
Fantasia especially is ready to go but can't get a gig because Chappy is keeping him out.

i still do not understand the call to take him over jayden, baffling.

From the Carlton 2014 Draft thread posted by a regular HTB foamer

Unless Laverde went to his interviews in a nazi uniform carrying a crackpipe i can't possibly imagine him getting anywhere near Pick 17.

I seriously think these Essendon supporters are so deluded with their Club they have to imagine things to make them feel better about it.....Emma obviously no exception:confused:

PS : looks like our boy D.McKenzie is finally being talked up.

note: This was posted before the actual draft took place.

From the Carlton 2014 Draft thread posted by a regular HTB foamer

note: This was posted before the actual draft took place.
Haha, perfect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back