Hawthorn - flat track bullies?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beat up on the average teams but have failed against the tops sides this year (Port, GWS, Swans).
What has caused their decline?

Come on Adz if Rioli didn't fumble what would your thread be about?

Full respect to this Club still on track for back.. back......back!

4-4 would be a concern in recent seasons. It's not really this year. You've got Fremantle way out in front, who may finish on 19 wins or so, Sydney just finding their feet and may be up around the 17-18 wins mark and the rest, whom I personally don't trust as far as I could throw...any of them. I think 14 wins could be enough for 3rd/4th in 2015. And, to fill those spots, I'll go with the teams that have been strong in recent seasons and are fielding pretty similar sides to last year, which would mean Hawthorn in 3rd and I guess Port, North or Geelong to come good and sneak into 4th by default (unless Port seriously gets its mojo back...don't think Geelong or North are even close to being a genuine premiership contender).

The problem there is that if things go to script, Hawthorn will need to win an interstate final to win the flag.

Come on Adz if Rioli didn't fumble what would your thread be about?

Full respect to this Club still on track for back.. back......back!
It's been a recurring trend all season, this isn't a one off.
Franklin and Tippet one goal between them. Much more upside to Sydney than Hawthorn going forward.

4-4 would be a concern in recent seasons. It's not really this year. You've got Fremantle way out in front, who may finish on 19 wins or so, Sydney just finding their feet and may be up around the 17-18 wins mark and the rest, whom I personally don't trust as far as I could throw...any of them. I think 14 wins could be enough for 3rd/4th in 2015. And, to fill those spots, I'll go with the teams that have been strong in recent seasons and are fielding pretty similar sides to last year, which would mean Hawthorn in 3rd and I guess Port, North or Geelong to come good and sneak into 4th by default (unless Port seriously gets its mojo back...don't think Geelong or North are even close to being a genuine premiership contender).

The problem there is that if things go to script, Hawthorn will need to win an interstate final to win the flag.

4-4 is still a concern if it requires them to play away finals against Freo and Syd. Top 2 will be crucial I think and they may just have blown that opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4-4 is still a concern if it requires them to play away finals against Freo and Syd. Top 2 will be crucial I think and they may just have blown that opportunity.

Couldn't agree more. Fremantle has practically locked up a home Qualifying Final already and Sydney would be favoured for the other at this stage. Two games is a handy break, a third of the way into the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm willing to put money on the Hawks in an interstate final.

Like I said awesome team I wouldn't be writing them of after round 8!

Like I said awesome team I wouldn't be writing them of after round 8!

Depends who it is. Good luck to anyone going to Perth to play the Dockers. At this stage, barring injuries, I can't see the Dockers losing a home final. And then if you get them in a Qualifying Final and lose, it means potentially Sydney on the road in the Preliminary Final, which would obviously be no picnic either. Still, I'd say Hawthorn woulD be a better chance against Sydney in Sydney (I'm assuming it would be at ANZ) in a Qualifying Final than they would be against Fremantle at Domain. Like Geelong, playing interstate finals (let alone winning them) is pretty uncharted waters for these Hawks in recent years.

This.

If the hawks make top four they're still flag favourite imo. I'd put my money on them winning an interstate QF or PF provided they have a relatively healthy list at that point.

Will be rebuilding in 2 years. Their supporters were silly to buy the "Threepeat??" hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back