Autopsy Hawks vs Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you hear Clarkos presser where he said these blokes have put in many good performances for us so we have to take the bad with the good. No wonder a few of them are complacent...

Two of them in particular need a shake up. Suckling and Breust.
Best quote because I said that word for word at the game during the 3 quarter time break. Breust is fine when he is in the forward line. The push for him to become a midfielder who rotates through the forward line the Hawks are trying this year is terrible because..... BREUST IS A VERY AVERAGE MIDFIELDER

Did you hear Clarkos presser where he said these blokes have put in many good performances for us so we have to take the bad with the good. No wonder a few of them are complacent...

Two of them in particular need a shake up. Suckling and Breust.
The worst was when one jurno asked Clarko about Suckling's poor kicking
His answer: "what about the kick that found Cyril"!

No wonder Suckling never gets dropped!

Been an odd season to say the least....IN 40 years of watching/following us can't recall another like it!

As has been painfully pointed out...We have dominated these games out of the middle & yet somehow conspire to lose them....We are copping a canning in the coaches box this year....The loss of Beveridge has exposed us as deficient forward of center & Wardrop hasn't a clue any longer.

Really?!?

Just feels exactly like 2009 to me.

I wonder who Lloyd will smash to keep us from making finals this time

Suckling had 11 disposals this game: keep in mind that kick ins also count as disposals, meaning he got around 7 possessions by his own merit.

I could be wrong on this, but I believe kick ins only count as disposals if the player kicks it to himself and plays on. If it's just kicked directly out of the goal square I don't think it adds to the disposal tally?

This doesn't change the fact that you are 100% correct on how rubbish Suckling was.

Hang tight fellow Hawkers.
Coming off back to back flags. This year was always going to be hard, different, unprecedented for 25 years.

We are a chance to win 3 in a row, a huge chance.

We have lost 4 very winnable games yes, but hardly been disgraced. When was the last time we were comprehensively beaten? I can't remember.

We are an amazing club and our starting 22 more times than not in the last 4 years, get the job done. From our back to back year we have added Frawley, a huge addition, and depth in JO and have Anderson and Whitey available so we have not gone backwards. Something just isn't quite right at the moment - not having our leader is one problem, which will be fixed next week.

Based on the last couple of years, the flags, our strength, our talent, you would be stupid to back against us. Top 4 is very achievable, as top 2 still well may be. If you can predict the ladder at year's end from here go down and load up at the tab in the morning on your way to church. If you can't, back us in and enjoy the ride. We are going for 3 in a row........3.......may never happen again.

Any other team in our position tonight would be getting praise heaped on them for taking it right up to last year's runners up. We don't because of who we are and what we did.

Come September our start to the year will be spoken about solely by offended journos desperate to write something negative about us.

And if all that fails, and we miss the 8...............at least we are not Gary Rohan. What a bucket of sh1t.

Now excuse me, I got the fever and am off to club 54 and I should be dancing

Canyoudigitatronis

This

Not saying we're gonna win it, not saying we're gonna come second etc.

But, it's how it is, the easy day was yesterday, we are gunning for our THIRD ina row.. Third.
We thought last year was hard, against the odds. PFFFFT.
If it ain't easy, it ain't worth doing, and we're shooting for the nigh on impossible.
How did the Lions go about their final season of their threepeat?

I think we're really over reacting here.

Even if we fall short, bloody hell, this team has given us some bloody joy, imagine we were north, bulldogs, saints, Melbourne etc fans. Even Freo, for all their great play, how many prems they got last 6 years???? If we fall short of doing the hat-trick, its the 2012 season that we stuffed up (in the GF), not this year, we have older bodies, and a comp (and league administration) that's hunting us.

But aside from that, we will be top 4, can you honestly say that WCE, GWS, Collingwood and Adelaide are going to finish ahead of us? I'd be more concerned with PA when they get on a roll.

Those other teams I mentioned haven't played the teams that we have, the season will balance out and we'll get some wins against the other top 4 sides including Sydney in Sydney, we haven't played the Saints, Carlton, magpies, GC etc.

Long way to go, and haven't been disgraced in our loses. It will click. Will we win the whole thing? Maybe, maybe not, but we'll be there abouts.

And for those bashing Clarko and saying he has no idea especially around selection (which is a match committee btw, and not his/their fault he/they haven't been able to select Hodge and Lewis for last 3 weeks, that was on THEM), are you f***ing kidding? Piss off and go barrack for Carlton and their rotating coach policy, I mean seriously...

Relax people. That's as tough and hard as syd were gonna be but for what? 18 scoring shots? We play these teams again and I can't see us losing another game! Honestly, we are not playing bad football, just missing opportunities but it's still very early. We will finish higher than sydney if we keep monstering the midfield like we have basically all year! These losses will hurt and give us a different angle/ perspective next time we come up against these sides. I don't think there are too many players out of form at all, in fact , CYRIL takes thee handball cleanly like he would 9 times out of 10 and bang! Game over and for all the huff and puff of syds, we win! Top 2 beckons IMO. Just need to look for options out wide like in soccer , until there is a hole inside 50 instead of rushing and being impatient! Flooding is definitely back and we have s**t load of time to work it out.

Sydney fans are a classless bunch of f**ks.

Every game they prove it.

In Sydney, they have no class and behave luck f**ks.

At the MCG, they have no class and behave like f**ks.

If they win, they have no class and behave like f**ks.

If they lose, they have no class and behave like f**ks.

You'd think they just won back to back premierships, instead of losing a Grand Final in the most embarrassing fashion.

Feeble, fickle, f**k-faced f**cks.

By Clarko's presser, I'm pretty sure Suckling won't be dropped for those of you who will rage when you see him on the team sheet. I think we just have to accept Clarko views his offensive capabilities outweigh his defensive liabilities as well as the turnovers we are seeing regularly atm.

Games? ;)

Kidding. Tonight was very (very) disappointing, obviously. But IF we are peaking around finals time, I genuinely believe we could win it from outside the top 4, let alone from 3rd or 4th. History says we can't win it from outside the top 2? F*** history.
That's the attitude. Absolutely anything can happen from here.
Remember the doom and gloom last year when we lost Gibbo, Cyril, Lake, Mitchell and Clarko and I lost me wallet? Many were saying we were no chance of going deep and i'd have to cancel me video ezy card. Nec minit - bang. Fit, firing and hungry list and back to back flags. And I found me wallet in the fridge and was watching dvds again no worries.
Should a three peat be possible in this era of equalisation? Hell no......but we are a chance. We were never going to go undefeated, we've lost a few yeah but our win loss come September is all that matters.

Hey I love lollys. Big strawberry and cream man. That sounds like a description of Rohan the red headed white skinned walking advert for contraception. What a terrible footballer. But back to lollys, yeah I love them. You want to come dancing at Studio 54 with me? You'll have to drive i'm blind but I found me wallet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarkson is being mighty stubborn with Suckling, hope his decision to keep playing him doesn't bite him on the bum.

And can't we let the trolleys and other posters in whom want to stir us up? We are back to back premiers. Not much they can really say to upset us is there? We gave it to them hard after our back to back last year.........let em have a bit of fun. They beat us in a home and away game......good on them.

That's the attitude. Absolutely anything can happen from here.
Remember the doom and gloom last year when we lost Gibbo, Cyril, Lake, Mitchell and Clarko and I lost me wallet? Many were saying we were no chance of going deep and i'd have to cancel me video ezy card. Nec minit - bang. Fit, firing and hungry list and back to back flags. And I found me wallet in the fridge and was watching dvds again no worries.
Should a three peat be possible in this era of equalisation? Hell no......but we are a chance. We were never going to go undefeated, we've lost a few yeah but our win loss come September is all that matters.

Hey I love lollys. Big strawberry and cream man. That sounds like a description of Rohan the red headed white skinned walking advert for contraception. What a terrible footballer. But back to lollys, yeah I love them. You want to come dancing at Studio 54 with me? You'll have to drive i'm blind but I found me wallet.
How did your wallet get in the fridge.

Not happy with Suckling, Breust and Roughead.

The forward line has been shocking all season to date.

The whole lot of them should be embarrassed with the amount of first quarters they don't even turn up to. Absolute disgrace.

Highlights

Brad Hill
Schoenmakers slotting in two.
Rioli dragging us along

Lowlights
Absolutly freezing tonight
Suckling
roughy soundly beaten
skill errors

Ill calm down before i post something about suckling

when goodes put it in a 50/50 for mcveigh he knew what was going to happen

Swans supporters whinging about the umps and they won - go figure

We got a few soft ones, they got a few soft ones, and there were more "what was that even for?" frees than there should have been. I felt like it all came out in the wash really, just generally poor umpiring.

Holding off the ball has gone to a new level this season though. It seems to be generally accepted by the umps? Not just in our games, I see it all over the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back