Past #24: Levi Greenwood - officially traded to Collingwood FC for pick 25 (2014) - retires rd16 2021 due to concussion symptoms - go well Pig

Remove this Banner Ad

We win that Port game if we still had greenwood i reckon and sit 3-2
And if my aunt had testicles he'd be my mother's brother.

Levi can't even get on the park at the moment.

At the risk of being abused for intruding on another team board.....Greenwood (assuming he wasnt injured) is not what North need right now. It was the right list strategy to trade out an inside midfielder and try and bring in some skill. North dont lack grunt.

Did u watch us on the weekend? We got bullied.

We 100% lack grunt. All the things Levi has.

Greenwood was our 2nd best inside mid behind Cunnington. On last years output He is better than Ziebell and swallow in the middle too. Id much rather have him still than have Bastinac in there running like a fairy.

Greenwood was our 2nd best inside mid behind Cunnington. On last years output He is better than Ziebell and swallow in the middle too. Id much rather have him still than have Bastinac in there running like a fairy.

Fair enough but Greenwood was the one that wanted out, not the others. Hawthorn are an excellent team and will make good teams look bad. Its skill that will help North go to the next step, not more muscle. The mistake was recruiting Higgins and Waite. Right idea, wrong people.

Anyway I've said my piece...your board....thanks for your time.

Total bollocks and just another 'feelpinion'.

We won contested possession on the weekend.

We lost the game by having far less polish moving forward than what Hawthorn showed (both a case of our poor skill level and their very good skill level) and not matching their run and spread.

Now while I accept Pig is a great gut runner (I am... was... his #1 fan) I simply will not accept he would have made a significant difference to the polish moving forward.

Sick of reading this 'bullied' s**t. Total crap. We got beaten because they kicked the ball miles better than us and worked much harder without the ball. Not because we didn't go out and punch a few blokes in the face.

At the risk of being abused for intruding on another team board.....Greenwood (assuming he wasnt injured) is not what North need right now. It was the right list strategy to trade out an inside midfielder and try and bring in some skill. North dont lack grunt.
Yes we do. Especially last night.

Levi was our second best mid last year - in a year where Swallow andWells barely played - but even if you actually think his 2014 made him invaluable, there is zero guarantee he'd still be at that level. No-one else is hitting 2014 standards yet, why would he be different? Saying he'd be the difference to anything this year is a waste of time hypothesis based on ridiculous assumptions.

Levi was our second best mid last year - in a year where Swallow andWells barely played - but even if you actually think his 2014 made him invaluable, there is zero guarantee he'd still be at that level. No-one else is hitting 2014 standards yet, why would he be different? Saying he'd be the difference to anything this year is a waste of time hypothesis based on ridiculous assumptions.

Understand. It's all hypothetical. Those in the Levi camp saw last year as not just a lucky opportunists' time to shine almost by default because of the others missing, but more a vindication of the view that he was always capable of producing that level, but just wasnt given a chance previously because others were considered more deserving.

I certainly remain pretty annoyed by the notion held by some that Levi just decided to start playing better after 3 or 4 years of not delivering, and that it was no great loss when he left because he'd only produced one good year. Effort from this guy was without question there every time he pulled on the jumper, and he should've notched up many more games with us. Now we're handing 3 year deals to guys who simply haven't delivered, when levi should've been signed up long ago before his currency supposedly rose to unmatchable levels.

To let a player who demonstrated his sort of effort walk, whilst signing up guys who have been inconsistent at best and selected based on potential, is very frustrating, and probably part of the reason we're still sitting here six years on wondering why we dont take the next step.

Understand. It's all hypothetical. Those in the Levi camp saw last year as not just a lucky opportunists' time to shine almost by default because of the others missing, but more a vindication of the view that he was always capable of producing that level, but just wasnt given a chance previously because others were considered more deserving.

I certainly remain pretty annoyed by the notion held by some that Levi just decided to start playing better after 3 or 4 years of not delivering, and that it was no great loss when he left because he'd only produced one good year. Effort from this guy was without question there every time he pulled on the jumper, and he should've notched up many more games with us. Now we're handing 3 year deals to guys who simply haven't delivered, when levi should've been signed up long ago before his currency supposedly rose to unmatchable levels.

To let a player who demonstrated his sort of effort walk, whilst signing up guys who have been inconsistent at best and selected based on potential, is very frustrating, and probably part of the reason we're still sitting here six years on wondering why we dont take the next step.

my thought exactly. He may have been a bit rough on the outside but the biggest thing this side lacks is desire and intent, something which Levi had in spades. If that sort of player was in my side, I'd walk a hell of a lot taller having him on the field with him.

Fair enough but Greenwood was the one that wanted out, not the others. Hawthorn are an excellent team and will make good teams look bad. Its skill that will help North go to the next step, not more muscle. The mistake was recruiting Higgins and Waite. Right idea, wrong people.

Anyway I've said my piece...your board....thanks for your time.

They both have X-factors but definitely can go missing. You can only recruit the players that are out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why must this thread be bumped after every s**t game we play?

He's gone.

It was shithouse player management that he ended up elsewhere. Its incredibly frustrating that the club let a bloke walk who bled blue and white when he was on the footy field. We have 10+ blokes who do not deserve to wear the jumper yet we didn't pay up for a player who had a career best season.

It was shithouse player management that he ended up elsewhere. Its incredibly frustrating that the club let a bloke walk who bled blue and white when he was on the footy field. We have 10+ blokes who do not deserve to wear the jumper yet we didn't pay up for a player who had a career best season.
Yep, and what's bumping this thread going to do?

Apart from making us feel more uncomfortable about our clubs s**t attitude and position...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back