Autopsy Hawks vs Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

You Hawks fans are better at booing than cheering. I have never seen anything like it. Is it a gen y thing or do you have some kind of disillusioned sense of entitlement?

Yep. Bad luck. But what is with the booing? You Hawks fans were either all gen y or have the biggest sense of free kick entitlement/lack of respect for a dual Brownlow winner who has done a lot for the game. Shame. Honestly, I have never heard more booing in a telecast before last night. Did anyone else get the same impression? Hawks fans are so glass half empty, even more than people on this thread.
I boo him because he is a diver and he has gone in knees first for many years which is a dog act. his knee first assault on Rioli in 2012 GF which dermie went public on was disgraceful.

Joycerama can you just head off back to your own board - that butter wouldn't melt in your mouth crap isnt working here.

FWIW - previous tidbits from previous radio and TV commentary will tell you that goodes gets booed apparently because of his colour not because he is a sniping diving campaigner. Ben Cousins and Jobe Watson for the record are also brownlow medalists - so I fail to see your point.

Now go away

You don't sound like an "Always Hawthorn" supporter to me.
You post too much anti Hawthorn crap.
Tellin it like I see it mate average stuff coming out of the club others on here saying the same thing... Just single me out like suckling hey?

Wonder how many people who are glass half full and are confident about us going top 4 actually went to the game? You could not be confident if you did Go. And someone saying we can win it from 8th??? IF we finish 8th it is because we are s**t. 2 interstate finals and having to win 4 finals in a row to Salute. Please.

Forward line not functioning is the biggest issue of it all,I don't know if it is the opposition trams causing it, or the will for us to be 'perfect' causing the breakdown. Even with the game on the line we were playing like millionaires. Have faith that this team can win it from anywhere in the finals, and should still make top 4, but inconsistencies in games aren't the makings of a premiership side.
Also Sam Mitchell is an absolute superstar, and the fact that Tom Mitchell was able to tackle him without the ball for whole last quarter is a disgrace, Tom Mitchell isn't good enough to shine Sammys boots.

Wonder how many people who are glass half full and are confident about us going top 4 actually went to the game? You could not be confident if you did Go. And someone saying we can win it from 8th??? IF we finish 8th it is because we are s**t. 2 interstate finals and having to win 4 finals in a row to Salute. Please.

I went to the game.
I believe our players haven't already given the season away like some of our "supporters".

Don't give up yet, mate

I boo him because he is a diver and he has gone in knees first for many years which is a dog act. his knee first assault on Rioli in 2012 GF which dermie went public on was disgraceful.
Dermie came out about his nearly breaking Gibsons ankle with a trip

Our conversion would have to be down by at least 10% probably more this year than the past 2 years, and has cost us 4 wins, back to 2011 and 2012 levels. Clarko said that our conversion was bad in his presser, but its happened in all our losses, the rot has set in and will probably be with us all year unless they take some massive action immediately to correct it. Forget what the fitness gurus say and put some heavy goalkicking drills into the main body of training, not just a few lazy shots at goal to end the sessions. Our season depends on it, just a 5-10% improvement in this area and we are back on track. Priority No 1.

I wonder how many people who are glass half empty would be claiming season over if Rioli had grabbed that ball at the top of the goal square and kicked a goal and we'd won? It wouldn't change anything else that happened before it.

Forward line not functioning is the biggest issue of it all,I don't know if it is the opposition trams causing it, or the will for us to be 'perfect' causing the breakdown. Even with the game on the line we were playing like millionaires. Have faith that this team can win it from anywhere in the finals, and should still make top 4, but inconsistencies in games aren't the makings of a premiership side.
Also Sam Mitchell is an absolute superstar, and the fact that Tom Mitchell was able to tackle him without the ball for whole last quarter is a disgrace, Tom Mitchell isn't good enough to shine Sammys boots.

We can't win it with an older team without the week break. That means finishing top 4 which is now incredibly unlikely and then beating an in interstate team on their own turf which is even more unlikely.

We may not have lost faith. We may be the best team in the league. But that could now mean nothing with our early losses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People confident about top 4 should look at West Coast and even Port Adelaide's draws. We are in real trouble.
Were at the point where we probably cant lose anymore then 2 games right now

Also props to frawley. He's got a bit to go in terms of work off ball ( melbourne) and decision making with the switch and where to go and fill in the zone however his closing speed is freakish and played fantastic.

I wonder how many people who are glass half empty would be claiming season over if Rioli had grabbed that ball at the top of the goal square and kicked a goal and we'd won? It wouldn't change anything else that happened before it.

This is a recurring theme; people talking about how we've nearly won all our games. It does not matter, no one should be questioning our ability it is the loss of the 12 points that hurt.

We can't win it with an older team without the week break. That means finishing top 4 which is now incredibly unlikely and then beating an in interstate team on their own turf which is even more unlikely.

We may not have lost faith. We may be the best team in the league. But that could now mean nothing with our early losses.

Why can't we? This team has done everything that has been asked of them the past 2 years, and I for one am not going to think that that will change in September. I'm not saying it will be easy, but if any football club can do it, it is this one!

Our conversion would have to be down by at least 10% probably more this year than the past 2 years, and has cost us 4 wins, back to 2011 and 2012 levels. Clarko said that our conversion was bad in his presser, but its happened in all our losses, the rot has set in and will probably be with us all year unless they take some massive action immediately to correct it. Forget what the fitness gurus say and put some heavy goalkicking drills into the main body of training, not just a few lazy shots at goal to end the sessions. Our season depends on it, just a 5-10% improvement in this area and we are back on track. Priority No 1.

That's correct, but it probably just comes down to Jack Gunston and Luke Breust.
They have both missed critical set shots in our losses - they didn't miss those last year.

But I'm not blaming them, it's a team game.

And I've never had to kick a critical goal to win an AFL game!

;)

Dermie came out about his nearly breaking Gibsons ankle with a trip
Diver goodes I'd scum of the earth what part if "it's over" does he not understand I cannot believe he's still playing the game... Please somebody like Stevie J fall on his knee please for the love if god!

This is a recurring theme; people talking about how we've nearly won all our games. It does not matter, no one should be questioning our ability it is the loss of the 12 points that hurt.

Our losses have absolutely nothing to do with ability.. It's mental aptitude or lack there of that's costing us, take Hodge out of our side and we are wafer thin for leaders.

The club should be recruiting with the thought of LEADERSHIP written all over him.. Touk Miller is a guy who went a few picks before we selected Howe, the kid will captain an AFL club.

To complain about umpires or individual performances would be to completely miss the point and skip over the issues.

If we had scraped home, these comments wouldn't be made. The issue is the way we are playing, win or lose.

Make no mistake about it, the problem is our forward structure and ball use going inside 50 (goal kicking aside). Get that right and we are 8-0 right now.

I've re watched all of our losses this year and can confidently say that regardless of umpiring decisions and individual shortcomings, if we make the most of or even take an average amount of our opportunities going forward, we would be looking dominant.

Our backline has held up well when injuries and our propensity to turn the ball over and give up a fast transition due to poor ball use in the forward half is taken into account.

Our midfield has dominated in all of our losses barring Q1 against port adelaide.

Looking at the numbers, across our 4 losses this year we are +48 (+12 avg.) clearances and +63 (+15.75 avg.) inside 50s. Those numbers shouldn't read 0-4.

Our forward set up needs to be looked at closely. Whether we need a change of personnel up forward is something for the coaches to look at - I don't mind the look of us with Schoey up forward.

Top 4 is not out of reach, top 2 might be. But the good news is we are good enough to beat anyone on their home deck if we play near our peak. The worry and focus needs to be on how we are playing rather than our record.

On the plus side, Billy Hartung is looking more and more comfortable at the top level. We need to keep getting game time into him.

This week I would look at (barring injuries):
Out: Suckling, Puopolo
In: Duryea, Hodge

Suckling needs to work on his disposal. Yes, it sounds strange given he is touted as one of the best kicks in the land but he is turning the ball over far too often resulting in transition goals to our opponents. Duryea is not the worst user of the ball, so while Suckling's kicking isn't being a weapon for us, Duryea's additional defensive prowess brings more to the table.

It pains me to say Poupolo might need to be omitted this week but someone has to make way for Hodge. Fact is, after being prominent in the first few rounds, Poupolo has been quiet/struggled. He tries his guts out and usually applies more forward pressure than anyone in the league - we love him for this. But the reality is 8 disposals and 3 tackles is a poor game. Billy Hartung matched that in a quarter. I think a run at Box Hill might freshen him up and give him some confidence - we will likely have injuries and omissions going forward, so him being out of the team is nothing long term.

Lastly, shoutout to chip Frawley who aside from a couple of clumsy errors was fantastic last night.

6.1 to 1.6 at one stage
2 of the frees/ goals to the Swans were iffy Tippet and McGlynn
At least 3 of the points Hawks kicked were gettable.
Bad luck/bad umpiring/bad kicking

Thats the game in a nutshell. The end game sucked by I felt we were still better than them. Swans will probably say the same (i.e Buddy being held scoreless).

Tellin it like I see it mate average stuff coming out of the club others on here saying the same thing... Just single me out like suckling hey?

I'm a long-time lurker on this board, and don't often feel compelled to post, rather I enjoy reading the thoughts and insights of other Hawthorn people.

This is one of those times that I feel compelled. If you've been 'singled out' as you say, it's probably because the negative 'sky is falling' drivel that you post is simply overwhelming.

Why don't you try posting something positive for a change? It'll probably do wonders for your psyche.

Oh, he's not going through this thread liking posts willy-nilly is he?

I'm a venegful admin on nights like this.

Does he lose his ability to like on this board? site wide? Does he get a Richard Simmons avatar he can't change?
hit him with all you got!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back