Autopsy Round 8: Port Adelaide V Richmond @ Adelaide Oval - Changes for Essendon

You can vote for up to 5 players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jake Batchelor's best game of his career. Dominated Ryder who didn't kick a goal!
20 disposals at 85%, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 1 goal and countless spoils.
I've been doubting him all season but today he stood up! Can't see how Dea comes in now.
Changes; Vickery out, either McBean or Dea in.

However, can we play it every other week then? Pretty please? For pretty football's sake?
I'd take that every week

Jake Batchelor's best game of his career. Dominated Ryder who didn't kick a goal!
20 disposals at 85%, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 1 goal and countless spoils.
I've been doubting him all season but today he stood up! Can't see how Dea comes in now.
Changes; Vickery out, either McBean or Dea in.
I thought he played on Shulz... But I agree, he has been playing well for a few weeks. His disposal by foot is very good.

Huge games from Jack, Martin and many others.

Our defence was sublime.

I noticed that Ellis and Martin were clearly following the (kick it to the boundary instructions) to a T.
Especially Ellis, I wouldn't be surprised if the coach singles him out.

Rance was epic but hard to single out 1 defender. They all did their job.

Seems that Hunt can play... As a tagger. That's his game and damn he is good at it.
The boundary has become our friend again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That has to be the minimum acceptable standard from now on in terms of our intensity and effort going forward. The way we chased and harassed on defence as a team and never gave the Power time and space to get their game going made it impossible for them to score. The way we absorbed pressure for the entire game and kept Port to their lowest score under Hinkely shows that we are capable of it when we have our minds on the job and are willing to run until we can't run any more. I also liked our attacking set up especially with Deledio & Martin in particular tonight resting forward, it just makes it so hard for the opposition to zone off and double team Jack hence Jack getting a lot more 1-1 contests.

Next week:
Out: Vickery (inj)
In: McBean

B: Rance Batchelor Grimes
HB: Houli Vlastuin Chaplin
C: B.Ellis Grigg McIntosh
HF: Martin Edwards Deledio
F: McBean Riewoldt Griffiths
R: Maric Cotchin Miles
INT: Morris Hunt C.Ellis Menadue

I thought that 3rd quarter effort was pretty good. I know they didn't score but to absorb the offensive pressure the Power were throwing at them and not make silly mistakes nor get overwhelmed was very impressive. Reminiscent of how they played last year during that great run. Then to take over in the last quarter was super satisfying.

Excellent win Tigers. Confidence in the team looks to be building in the right direction.

Geez we're the classic Leyton Hewitt team... Love being underdogs.

Can we win being the huntered and not the hunter?

Who's favs next week? We're above the bombers on the ladder.

Back