AFL Autopsy Round 8: Essendon 58 point win against Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

So happy driving home from the game. Daniher kicking a bag of 6 was very enjoyable. Plenty of positives from this match, even if it was against a pretty average Brissy.

- Forward line clicking today. 9 goals between Daniher and Carlisle was fantastic. Was also good to see them create a couple of goals for one another instead of getting in each others way.
- Midfield picking up the slack. Not relying on Heppell and Watson whilst waiting on Myers and even Zaharakis is extremely important. Good showings from Stants, Melksham, Zachary etc.
- Game style and ball movement was much more fluent, was exactly why we were able to score well. Once we find the right balance between attack and defence we will be a much better side. Which looks to be coming after our last two fixtures.

I was one of many Dons supporters who thought Melksham was an absolute dud. Has had a really good start to the year. He is still a poor long kick, but he's starting to either handball to better kicks or just go the short pass.

Wouldn't mind seeing Fanta come in this week, Merrett has got to go.

I was one of many Dons supporters who thought Melksham was an absolute dud. Has had a really good start to the year. He is still a poor long kick, but he's starting to either handball to better kicks or just go the short pass.

Wouldn't mind seeing Fanta come in this week, Merrett has got to go.
Seems to perform for Hirdy our Melk

Just watched Hirds presser. In response to Jon Ralphs lame attempt at comedy about Hird being in the shower with Fletcher to make sure he doesn't slip over this week.

Hird: "Jon, you've said some really silly things over the past few years which I will take up with you one day. But that would have to be the silliest."

Cop that Mayo.

Adam Cooney is so what we have been looking for, a smart medium size forward who kicks goals, has kicked 3 goals twice in 3 games for the club (Carlton game aside, **** Carlton) he along with Colyer is fast becoming our most important player.

Couldn't agree more. Cooney gives us that polish we so desperately lack. Manipulates our forwards to lead to advantage when linking up through midfield & invariably hits scoreboard when within range. Feel so much better when he & Chappy are in same side.

Just watched Hirds presser. In response to Jon Ralphs lame attempt at comedy about Hird being in the shower with Fletcher to make sure he doesn't slip over this week.

Hird: "Jon, you've said some really silly things over the past few years which I will take up with you one day. But that would have to be the silliest."

Cop that Mayo.

That is brilliant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cop that Mayo.

Muppet of the highest accord is Jon Ralph

If many people of this good forum think that the Stanton bashers are off their heads, there's nothing that comes close to the Melksham haters. They are not of this planet.

Their opinion is just as valid (or invalid) as yours. And they are just as smart and sensible as the next guy.

Bomber Thompson would have to be the worst special comments man I have ever hears, seriously has no idea how to string a decent sentence together, but his call about Mick Hurley would belt Zorko if it was a street fight made up for the whole broadcast, pure gold.
I enjoyed his praise of Joey D's post game interview. Joe speak good now. His talking stuff good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back