Autopsy Round 8: Port Adelaide V Richmond @ Adelaide Oval - Changes for Essendon

You can vote for up to 5 players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The stat stands, Menadue still 100% wins against older teams
ChIHLdi.png

in your heavily biased racist opinion
lol. Im more than happy to be called a racist in this uber sanitised soft society we live in today.
That would not change the fact that Goodes is the biggest sook in the afl IMO of course.

I have one simple mantra to get me thru life. Treat people how you would like to be treated yourself. If that makes me racist then hey i put my hand up happily.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dylan Grimes
He was solid, used the ball pretty well when he had it but had a few silly moments and at times struggled to keep up with Wingard, no shame in that though.

Brett Deledio
Was great again today, with Cotch well held today stood up and really led the side, every time he touches the ball something good comes of it, very good player

Dustin Martin
Great from Dusty, ran hard all day and was one of the main guys who battled to even up the contested side of the game for us when Port were killing us in the clearances.

Brandon Ellis
Was huge early and continued to have a great night, ball use still isn't a feature of his game but worked really hard, working into the season nicely now.

Shaun Grigg
Continued his excellent season, another 26 touches which generally were too our advantage, incomparable to the player he was last season. 7 tackles is a big big tick.

Jack Reiwoldt
Already posted about this bloke, he's a champ, his importance to our team is so far beyond what most neutrals would see. Become a real leader this season too.

Trent Cotchin
Well beaten by Cornes, can't begrudge the old pro going out with one more scalp to his name, has had an excellent career. Cotch will need to bounce back next week

Shane Edwards
Was quiet by his standards but his touches carry real impact and I was pretty shocked to see how little of the ball he actually had. The handball to set up our first goal was magic.

Jake Batchelor
Said last week that I felt his impact was down compared to the start of the year, well it was definitely back in spades today. Played a great game that would probably go unnoticed by non Richmond folk. No doubt a result of shaving the head, good call Batch

Bachar Houli
They contained Bachar pretty well, as I'm sure a lot of sides will look to do, and I think it showed as we often blazed away at half back and saw it coming back in pretty quickly. This was down to the way Port set up though no doubt. Would want to have a big one against his former team.

Alex Rance
Didn't have his usual numbers out of defence but held Schulz goalless so job well done for Rancey

Ivan Maric
Continued his fine form by whacking Lobbe around the ground all day, playing some really good footy at the moment is the big man.

Ben Griffiths
He was beaten by Hombsch who was Port's best but was by no means terrible. Needs to step up next week with Ty most likely out and kick 3+.

Troy Chaplin
He was alright against his former club, in all honesty didn't notice him a whole lot, but the fact that Port kicked 5 goals with the amount of entries they had means the whole defence gets a big tick from me

Anthony Miles
Was great again today, did a lot of work in the contest and was another who had 7 tackles. After an average start to the year is really hitting his straps now

Taylor Hunt
Really liked his game today, obviously relishes being given a defensive task and is good at it, like that he has that little bit of campaigner in him too.

Ty Vickery
Hope his knee is ok and he has escaped serious injury, would be cruel if he was to be out for a long time right after he had broken back into the side. Again BOOOO to the Port flogs who boo'd him off the ground

Nick Vlastuin
Love his attack on the contest and the hardness he provides to our backline. Feel like he's just a game or two away from really starting to take games by the scruff of the neck, would be nice to see him in the middle at some point.

Corey Ellis
Had a quiet game but when he gets the ball you can see the makings of a very classy and composed footballer, hope he is persisted with.

Kamdyn McIntosh
Thought he was good, it's clear to see what he brings to the team and he is starting to learn to use his size to his advantage. Just needs to tidy up his disposal which will come with experience.

Connor Menadue
Showed a glimpse of the future and kicked a really good goal at a critical moment. His attack at the contest for such a little bloke is unreal and he has some serious wheels. Once he puts on some size he will be a ripper.

Steven Morris
Surprised his stats don't read better, thought he was actually really good today. His forward pressure was today very noticeable and important and he seemed more involved in the play. Even when he missed that easy set shot, he put in 2 or 3 manic efforts from the kick out which resulted in a turnover and Menadue's goal

Damien Hardwick
Tick for Dimma today, outcoached Hinkley but got the boys in the right mindset to pull it off. It's becoming apparent that clogging the middle and denying them fast movement through their spread is key to showing up their system and he put a gameplan in place which exploited that. He also got the boys playing spirited, tough and fanatic footy and if he can do that every week we should do alright whoever the opponent

Great win, go tigs :)

His attack for such a small frame is amazing, just wait until he puts a little size on, he's going to run riot. We will forget who Matt white is once this kid turns the jets on

His kicking is elite too if his junior days are anything to go by. Watch out for this guy has talent up the ying yang

Dylan Grimes
He was solid, used the ball pretty well when he had it but had a few silly moments and at times struggled to keep up with Wingard, no shame in that though.

Brett Deledio
Was great again today, with Cotch well held today stood up and really led the side, every time he touches the ball something good comes of it, very good player

Dustin Martin
Great from Dusty, ran hard all day and was one of the main guys who battled to even up the contested side of the game for us when Port were killing us in the clearances.

Brandon Ellis
Was huge early and continued to have a great night, ball use still isn't a feature of his game but worked really hard, working into the season nicely now.

Shaun Grigg
Continued his excellent season, another 26 touches which generally were too our advantage, incomparable to the player he was last season. 7 tackles is a big big tick.

Jack Reiwoldt
Already posted about this bloke, he's a champ, his importance to our team is so far beyond what most neutrals would see. Become a real leader this season too.

Trent Cotchin
Well beaten by Cornes, can't begrudge the old pro going out with one more scalp to his name, has had an excellent career. Cotch will need to bounce back next week

Shane Edwards
Was quiet by his standards but his touches carry real impact and I was pretty shocked to see how little of the ball he actually had. The handball to set up our first goal was magic.

Jake Batchelor
Said last week that I felt his impact was down compared to the start of the year, well it was definitely back in spades today. Played a great game that would probably go unnoticed by non Richmond folk. No doubt a result of shaving the head, good call Batch

Bachar Houli
They contained Bachar pretty well, as I'm sure a lot of sides will look to do, and I think it showed as we often blazed away at half back and saw it coming back in pretty quickly. This was down to the way Port set up though no doubt. Would want to have a big one against his former team.

Alex Rance
Didn't have his usual numbers out of defence but held Schulz goalless so job well done for Rancey

Ivan Maric
Continued his fine form by whacking Lobbe around the ground all day, playing some really good footy at the moment is the big man.

Ben Griffiths
He was beaten by Hombsch who was Port's best but was by no means terrible. Needs to step up next week with Ty most likely out and kick 3+.

Troy Chaplin
He was alright against his former club, in all honesty didn't notice him a whole lot, but the fact that Port kicked 5 goals with the amount of entries they had means the whole defence gets a big tick from me

Anthony Miles
Was great again today, did a lot of work in the contest and was another who had 7 tackles. After an average start to the year is really hitting his straps now

Taylor Hunt
Really liked his game today, obviously relishes being given a defensive task and is good at it, like that he has that little bit of campaigner in him too.

Ty Vickery
Hope his knee is ok and he has escaped serious injury, would be cruel if he was to be out for a long time right after he had broken back into the side. Again BOOOO to the Port flogs who boo'd him off the ground

Nick Vlastuin
Love his attack on the contest and the hardness he provides to our backline. Feel like he's just a game or two away from really starting to take games by the scruff of the neck, would be nice to see him in the middle at some point.

Corey Ellis
Had a quiet game but when he gets the ball you can see the makings of a very classy and composed footballer, hope he is persisted with.

Kamdyn McIntosh
Thought he was good, it's clear to see what he brings to the team and he is starting to learn to use his size to his advantage. Just needs to tidy up his disposal which will come with experience.

Connor Menadue
Showed a glimpse of the future and kicked a really good goal at a critical moment. His attack at the contest for such a little bloke is unreal and he has some serious wheels. Once he puts on some size he will be a ripper.

Steven Morris
Surprised his stats don't read better, thought he was actually really good today. His forward pressure was today very noticeable and important and he seemed more involved in the play. Even when he missed that easy set shot, he put in 2 or 3 manic efforts from the kick out which resulted in a turnover and Menadue's goal

Damien Hardwick
Tick for Dimma today, outcoached Hinkley but got the boys in the right mindset to pull it off. It's becoming apparent that clogging the middle and denying them fast movement through their spread is key to showing up their system and he put a gameplan in place which exploited that. He also got the boys playing spirited, tough and fanatic footy and if he can do that every week we should do alright whoever the opponent

Great win, go tigs :)

Nice summary mate, now I'm off to revel in the port board self destructing

We usually cane it cos we usually **** it up every time we try it.
Boring football littered with turnovers has been infuriating.
Hopefully we've turned a corner.
Maybe Dimma was on the right track all along.
Not sure yet.
I actually really enjoy that type of footy.
I find the modern game mind blowingly boring.
That 2005 GF between Sydney and West Coast I absolutely loved.
I just enjoy contested footy based around really strong defensive intent.
It's also much better for us and I can see how frustrated the coaches must get when we don't find the right balance.
Once they do they they develop a real thirst for it because they start to see the reward.
Those games where we lose to teams like Melbourne and the Dogs they just simply would not occur.
It's when blokes get ahead of themselves and start playing their own way,and then go into self preservation mode once it goes balls up.
Every time we stick to it and get a result the more they'll trust it and eachother, the less they'll run off course.
And the rewards will start to come.

3. Jack
2. Grimes
1. Hunt

Jack, well what can you say huge game and featured in every corner of the Oval.

Grimes was relentless and really dug deep for his effort.

Hunt I believe was following White around for a lot of the 120 minutes and showed glimpses of real speed.

All 22 players knew what they had to do and did it.

What more can you ask for?
Bring on the Bombers I say.

Last edited:
Back