Preview Changes Vs Cats Round 9

DickDunn

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Geelongs monster forwards will test selectors out. Not sure which way they will go but some serious thinking time will be had.

Schofield on Hawkins, McGovern on Clark?

Has Schoey ever lined up on Hawkins? Or has it always been Ezy/Glass?

What are people's thoughts on Selwood tagging Selwood?

May also be worth putting a forward tag on Taylor. Although it feels like we aren't really doing a whole lot of tagging this year?

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast

May also be worth putting a forward tag on Taylor. Although it feels like we aren't really doing a whole lot of tagging this year?

Kersten also ,.... probably Sheppard or Butler takes Kersten .

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

Terrible idea for my ultimate footy team

JA56

Senior List
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Out: Bennell
In: Sheed

Sheppard McGovern Butler
Hurn Schofield Wellingham
Duggan Priddis Gaff
Masten McInnes Cripps
Lecras Kennedy Hill

Ruck: Natanui Yeo Shuey
Int: Sinclair Selwood Nelson Sub: Sheed

Prem87

Cancelled
10k Posts
Dec 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Bennell seems surplus to requirements with Butler, Shepp, Wellingham, Hurn, Nelson down there.

Yesterday I felt we missed Sheed (another inside mid) as we lacked drive from centre clearances.

Can't wait for Ellis, Darling and Rosa to add some more class into our team.

Nelson, McInnes, Butler will be the unlucky ones to eventually make way.

DickDunn

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Just re-reading Simmo's comments from the other day - who knows whether Sheed will be back for this one.

"Unfortunately we have lost Dom for a few weeks.

“We didn’t think there was much in it, but he has got a slight fracture of his hand.

“We could have got away with it, but it is not worth the risk.”

Sep 23, 2007
continental shelf
AFL Club
West Coast
This is the perfect game at the perfect time to determine if we have genuinely and significantly improved since last season. Geelong have been ok to pretty good, but they have a good midfield and big forwards. It will take a very good performance to beat them and I'll get aboard the Simpson wagon100% if we do.

Piss Poor

Cancelled
Aug 27, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Think we will struggle this week, they have two key forwards in Hawkins and Clark- first real test of a shaky defence.

We need to go another level with our mids this week to win. I'm not confident.

Dugg

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Geelong haven't been any better than us this year, with wins against Gold Coast, Richmond, Collingwood and Carlton...

I think this week will show us whether we are around the same mark as Geelong, and in turn Richmond and Collingwood. If we can win this one, things start to fall into place for us.

Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Play Selwood all game and have him run with his brother. That's what I want Scooter doing the rest of this year, playing a run with role. That's when he was at his best.

IN: Hutchings
OUT: Bennell

*, it would be good to have Rosa or Ellis available this week.

Bennell has to go back to the WAFL for mine. Unsighted for a fortnight and then a stinker against the Saints. I'm just not sure who comes in for him.

If Yeo goes it gets even trickier. May as well play the worst case and he misses.

Out: Bennell, Yeo
In: Hutch, Colledge

Yeesh...

May 18, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
*, it would be good to have Rosa or Ellis available this week.

Bennell has to go back to the WAFL for mine. Unsighted for a fortnight and then a stinker against the Saints. I'm just not sure who comes in for him.

If Yeo goes it gets even trickier. May as well play the worst case and he misses.

Out: Bennell, Yeo
In: Hutch, Colledge

Yeesh...
Hasn't Hutchings hurt his back ?

Back