Autopsy Round 8: Port Adelaide V Richmond @ Adelaide Oval - Changes for Essendon

You can vote for up to 5 players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Enjoying this thread. A lot of happy Tigers fans expressing their joy and appreciation.

But also keeping a big lid on it. I've noticed not many are going overboard. We're only at 4-4. We still have a lot of flaws.

We've only beaten one team in the 8 being Collingwood, and we only just got over the line against them. Their place there is questionable given their soft draw as well...

A win over Port in Adelaide used to be a massive, massive achievement. Today's win is still big, but it doesn't mean what it would have last year. We can't get ahead of ourselves, our overall results this year are still not very flattering.

Last edited:
It's funny I never notice the apparent biased commentary.
I must just tune out or something I'm not sure.

It's funny I never notice the apparent biased commentary.
I must just tune out or something I'm not sure.
Short memory Rodney? :p
They mostly shut up in the last when they realised Richmond were going to win

Haha really?
I just don't notice I guess.
I don't really listen to them to be honest.
They are sort of background noise.
I couldn't care less what they think of us anyway.

Haha really?
I just don't notice I guess.
I don't really listen to them to be honest.
They are sort of background noise.
I couldn't care less what they think of us anyway.

I'm with you a little. Games where I'm hugely focused and nervous about the result I often ignore things.

Commentator quirks, anything to do with the opposition or who played well for them, and other things go over my head as I ride every bump and bounce.

Today wasn't one of those days, though. I was focused but very very aware of how horribly one-eyed the commentary was.

I'm with you a little. Games where I'm hugely focused and nervous about the result I often ignore things.

Commentator quirks, anything to do with the opposition or who played well for them, and other things go over my head as I ride every bump and bounce.

Today wasn't one of those days, though. I was focused but very very aware of how horribly one-eyed the commentary was.
It's weird because the only thing I remember was thinking Ricciuto was pumped we were beating them?
I had to listen to triple M for the whole third quarter where we didn't score as I drove home from work and that was ridiculous.
Treadrea and his mates.

It's weird because the only thing I remember was thinking Ricciuto was pumped we were beating them?
I had to listen to triple M for the whole third quarter where we didn't score as I drove home from work and that was ridiculous.
Treadrea and his mates.
They said a few things about our game plan working so well but for the most part it was Ports failures rather than our winning it

I mean they're partly right, our game was extremely workmanlike, not really flashy at all but it got the job done

Same here. I normally don't notice, but today was an exception. I'd estimate at least 80% of the time the commentary was focused on Port. When we were winning, it was because Port were losing. When Port were getting a run on, it was because Port are a great side.

Treadrea and his mates.
The s**t MMM were spewing pre-game was just utter rubbish. Don't ask what it was because I already wiped it from my mind but it was all just horse s**t.

Ive said it all along, keep the faith in Hardwick. He has us going in the right direction. When the players believe it and demonstrate it, the fans will believe it. Have to keep the faith in what the club is trying to build here. We want to be a powerhouse of the competition again, yes it may be tough with GWS and Gold Coast but there is no reason why we can't. The foundations are there. The future is looking bright. Maintain the faith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My observations from the game:

- Riewoldt brilliant again. Should be leading b/f.
- Deledio, Ellis...etc good. Also hasn't been mentioned much but I liked Griffiths game.
- Batchelor good game.
- Vlastuin still a bit out of sorts. Morris continues to struggle.
- McBean to come back in!
- C. Ellis not a great game, but keep in the side for another couple of weeks. Clearly needs to get bigger.

My observations from the game:

- Riewoldt brilliant again. Should be leading b/f.
- Deledio, Ellis...etc good. Also hasn't been mentioned much but I liked Griffiths game.
- Batchelor good game.
- Vlastuin still a bit out of sorts. Morris continues to struggle.
- McBean to come back in!
- C. Ellis not a great game, but keep in the side for another couple of weeks. Clearly needs to get bigger.

Agree with most ^^ except that I thought was Morris's best game, and justified his place as the "defensive forward." If he had been ably to slot that goal I would be all guns blazing in my conviction. I'm not, however I saw enough to buy into the idea.

Loved Jack, B Ellis, Lids Martin, Maric was huge and the fact cotch was quiet and we still played that well
PRESSURE that was the difference we hunted them in every opportunity which i thought we were lacking
Special mention Batchelor hated his game last week and turned it around
Rance goes unmentioned killed schulz

C Ellis love the kid bright future but looked like a dear in head lights on occasions

Kaymden Mcintosh - love how he is evolving into a very promising player....does the little things

Sooo.......Sir Ken has been busted down to squire rank on the charge of getting completely outcoached by the worse coach in the AFL, who has no plan b or c or d.;)

As others have stated, Lids, Jack, Dusty, Rance, Batch, Ellis all did well. 1 of the best pressure games we have played and more intent in ages. Thought Morris was great with pressure leaving our fwd 50 too.

Room for Improvement.

-Dusty when you can hurt a player with a hard tackle, do it don't just lay a fingernail on them. other wise good game.
-Griffiths, you are a behemoth, use your bulk in a marking contest more(initiate contact just before the ball gets to you to put off the defender for a clear play at the pill).
-Vlastuin, you really need to pick up your skill level, particularly your kicking. Also 1 on 1 defending needs to be better and bodyline the ball and the man when spoiling above your eyes.

Otherwise great win by the lads, and hopefully the players realise the rewards they get when effort in pressure and tackling happens.

He is a jet. Would have loved him to run in from the 50 instead of kicking to Griffiths which got spoiled. he has the speed to run in and kick it.
With a bit more confidence he will back himself to run around trucks like Carlile. Jet is the word. How was the goal. Second game, 53 out, straight through the middle. JET.

HEHEhehe. No s**t.

I've been a heavy critic of Dimma since the Dogs loss, but I've always maintained that I'm willing to change my opinion about him if he gets us up and going, and has the team playing with spirit, intensity, belief, and a good structure.

The last 2 weeks, not withstanding the first quarter against the Pies, Dimma has been very impressive in the coaches box, and the players have shown that they do want to play for him.

He needs to have us playing this week for the rest of the year, even in our losses. I know we'll lose some matches of footy still this year, but as long as we bring this intent every single week, I can cop that.

No more of that s**t like we produced against the Dogs and Demons though.

The stat stands, Menadue still 100% wins against older teams
ChIHLdi.png

The general perception is that Port Adelaide are younger and less experienced than most teams.

Also, there is a perception that we're quite an old team full of middle-aged plodders, when in-fact we are still very young ourselves, especially our core.

These myths have now been busted I would think.

Back