Autopsy Round 8: Port Adelaide V Richmond @ Adelaide Oval - Changes for Essendon

You can vote for up to 5 players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently we are battlers who have to resort to negative defensive tactics in order to overcome the mighty Port

Nah son you've just been found out, and i'm pretty sure it was your coach who initiated all the flooding in order to stop us.

Seems we didn't actually win the game, we just happened to be the team Port lost to.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: nobody will be calling for Dimma's head if he's winning us matches of footy, and the players are showing some fight.
All the last 2 weeks have done is bought him some breathing space. Another poor run of games in the remainder of the season and the heat will be applied again. The only thing that would save him IMO is if he continues with the kids. Do that and maintain being competitive and I'll wear it.

Anyone know what the black armbands were for and why players were tearing them off on the ground at the end of the game?

Am I the only one that thinks we were lucky to win this?

I'm wrapped that we did and it was great to see our second tier players start to take the next step and good to see a different approach to a game from the previous week against Collingwood.

Would still like to see the team be able to switch between both styles of play, being able to shut a team down and then go all out attack. We still have a bit of work to do I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only one that thinks we were lucky to win this?

I'm wrapped that we did and it was great to see our second tier players start to take the next step and good to see a different approach to a game from the previous week against Collingwood.

Would still like to see the team be able to switch between both styles of play, being able to shut a team down and then go all out attack. We still have a bit of work to do I think.
Yes, yes you are. :p
Seriously though, a team that worked as hard as we did made it's own luck and no one doubts there is still a lot of work to do, as there is for most teams.

Quote from me in the pre match...

"Two sides that big things were expected of, Port to be a certain top four side and a lot of "experts" tip for the flag, Richmond a possible top eight side aiming to win a final, one side coached by a combination of Barrassi, Hafey and Clarkson and one side coached by a combination of Neeld, Frawley and Watson, both sides, interestingly, at 3-4.
In Adelaide, the premiership contenders, Port, should win comfortably but the rabble, Richmond, will win by 33 points."

200.gif

You da MAN !!!!! As Kc & the Sunshine band once said....."Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight"......;)

People who say jack ain't a team player don't know s**t from there ass interviewed by David king and Rhett biglands both try to get him to talk him self up all he did was praise cellis,menadue and said mcbean is dominating the twos and was stiff to be dropped then talked up our backline in vlas and batch who has cemented his spot

Short memory Rodney? :p
They mostly shut up in the last when they realised Richmond were going to win

I actually laughed at that too

When we kicked the goal that killed their chances they all went mute for about ten seconds

Back