Workout Gear

Remove this Banner Ad

This has always fascinated me. People seem to be very particular in what they wear to the gym. I normally just wear a pair of black shorts and I've got 4-5 singlets that I rotate through. Nothing special about them, just ones I've bought over the years, generally pretty plain.

My housemate will always train in track pants and a shirt. No idea why, he just feels more comfortable that way.

Others insist on wearing skins, certain brands, actual lifting merch etc. I'm hoping this can be a general thread discussing workout attire and if you see anything good/discounted then post links etc.

Thought these were pretty good - http://shop.mikeandgian.com/brands-en/mike-and-gian-en/college-en.html

This has always fascinated me. People seem to be very particular in what they wear to the gym. I normally just wear a pair of black shorts and I've got 4-5 singlets that I rotate through. Nothing special about them, just ones I've bought over the years, generally pretty plain.

My housemate will always train in track pants and a shirt. No idea why, he just feels more comfortable that way.

Others insist on wearing skins, certain brands, actual lifting merch etc. I'm hoping this can be a general thread discussing workout attire and if you see anything good/discounted then post links etc.

Thought these were pretty good - http://shop.mikeandgian.com/brands-en/mike-and-gian-en/college-en.html

I just go with singlets and shorts from Kmart, and a pair of flat soled cross trainers. As for other stuff, i have lifting straps but haven't used them in a year, don't use gloves or belts. I do laugh when i see guys wearing belts that wouldn't even be tight enough to hold your pants up!

Or they wear weight belts for the entire workout. Pointless, really. I also don't wear gloves or anything, but I do use straps when I'm hitting my max on deadlift.

I just remembered there is a similar thread floating around somewhere, Jab. Feel free to merge.

One of my favourite bits of workout gear is my polar heart rate monitor. It links up with my phone so I get some pretty sweet info on my workouts.

blogger-image-1993653356.jpg

It's nerdy and OTT but I love it :)

Any of my 10 colour coordinated Nike outfits will suffice :p

If I worked out at home, I would almost definitely do it naked.

My housemates might not enjoy that... or maybe they would...

I would work out shirtless in summer except I need the singlet to run my ipod cable under so it won't snag on anything.

My housemates might not enjoy that... or maybe they would...

I would work out shirtless in summer except I need the singlet to run my ipod cable under so it won't snag on anything.
You're at home - set up some speakers and blast that s**t!

Or they wear weight belts for the entire workout. Pointless, really. I also don't wear gloves or anything, but I do use straps when I'm hitting my max on deadlift.

I just remembered there is a similar thread floating around somewhere, Jab. Feel free to merge.

Belts are useful if you are lifting big weights. Lifting straps are a must when lifting big, use them to your advantage and lift as heavy as you can!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

big spender.

I have one bintang singlet which i wear to the gym 3-4 nights a week. Ideally have not washed it at any point during the week.

I've got about 10 and I've never bought one in my life. I don't even remember how I ended up with most of them.

I've been waiting for them to fall apart but they seem to be stubbornly well-made for Bali gear.

I tend to wear my skins which are under armour and/or various footy shorts from clubs I've played at.. I'm anal about matching the right stuff together, colours and what not. Nothing out there just your standard blue/black/grey tops but it all goes. It's just me with everything in life lol, deep thinker and very organised.

Just a tshirt and black or navy blue shorts. The only thing I'm particular about is shoes. A good pair of shoes makes workouts 10x better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back