Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw this sold on ebay a while ago, really confused as to what jumper it is though?
mystery.jpg

It has pinstripes, and 5 total strips unlike our home jumper 2004-5. However, it isn't our heritage round jumper (from 2006-7) and not the one-off promotional jumper we wore against the Kangaroos in Round 5 2005.

hgggggggggggggg.jpg

Saw this sold on ebay a while ago, really confused as to what jumper it is though?
View attachment 137735

It has pinstripes, and 5 total strips unlike our home jumper 2004-5. However, it isn't our heritage round jumper (from 2006-7) and not the one-off promotional jumper we wore against the Kangaroos in Round 5 2005.

View attachment 137746
Interesting... That one that was worn against the roos had pinstripes as well.

Interesting... That one that was worn against the roos had pinstripes as well.
Did it?
Hawthorn-R5-2005.gif

The R5 2005 v North jumper is fixed,
But that pin stripe with Gold back and logo on the front bemuses me.
I can't place it in a game at all.
It must be from 2004 or 2005 because that's when they wore the logo on the front.
As a guess I'd say it was possibly something Puma came up with for the R5 game, maybe even as an Option A, Option B thing, but the club went with the striped back instead of this one.

The R5 2005 v North jumper is fixed,
But that pin stripe with Gold back and logo on the front bemuses me.
I can't place it in a game at all.
It must be from 2004 or 2005 because that's when they wore the logo on the front.
As a guess I'd say it was possibly something Puma came up with for the R5 game, maybe even as an Option A, Option B thing, but the club went with the striped back instead of this one.

It has to be a prototype, there's no other explanation for it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone provide me a vector of this logo please?
ubet_logo_detail.png
If you'd like we can move this over to the Illustrator Tutorial thread and I'll show you how I made it.
Took me about 10 minutes, but then, I've used Illustrator for a few years, and know what tools to use, (not just the Pen tool)
I used Line Segment & Minus Front in Pathfinder. X & Y values in Transform.

ubet.gif

If you'd like we can move this over to the Illustrator Tutorial thread and I'll show you how I made it.
Took me about 10 minutes, but then, I've used Illustrator for a few years, and know what tools to use, (not just the Pen tool)

ubet.gif

I can't see how small the original raster was, but would running it through Vector Magic have achieved a similar result? That program seems to have better tracing capabilities than AI

I can't see how small the original raster was, but would running it through Vector Magic have achieved a similar result? That program seems to have better tracing capabilities than AI
True, but nothing will beat hand tracing every path with the pen tool.

One thing VM doesn't do well is line things up.

scap1.gif

To line up all the points across the top, select each point individually and check it on the Y axis.
If every point is at 393 (as in this case), then all of them will be in a straight line.

Last edited:

ubet.gif
can I have how you did this please? and also the download link to it

ubet.gif
Thanks very much Mero! I didn't know how to the line segment and minus front, until then.

Live auction, but I was hoping to get some answers for my mate.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Viintage...DefaultDomain_15&hash=item20fc999f19#viTabs_0

It appears to be a VFL guernsey, however the patch that would normally be on a State Of Origin guernsey has been removed (you can see where the stitching was) along with the number 19 on the back.. I can only assume it's a Sekem jumper.

What guernsey is it? What year? What patch was stitched on to it? Because that looks more like the CURRENT VFL logo than the old, classic one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back