England vs Ireland (1 ODI) & New Zealand tour (2 tests, 1 T20, 5 ODIs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah he's not tall is he.

I quite liked his action - looked strong and powerful generating some pretty decent pace (over 90mph), but Michael Holding reckons he needs to make his run up longer so who am I to argue.

Holding used to use the sightscreen to kick-start his run-up, l don't think his judgement is perfect on other player's run-ups.

Holding used to use the sightscreen to kick-start his run-up, l don't think his judgement is perfect on other player's run-ups.

True.

Can sort of see his point that Wood is trying to do too much in too short a distance so that it increases the chance of something going wrong and becoming erratic when he's off his game, but it's often lamented these days that players are having these quirky traits coached out of them so maybe it's best he's just trusted to know what works for him. Bowled reasonably well and it was good to see him get a bit of reward with a couple of tailenders.

NZ on top now, although Cook and Bell settled in towards the close of play. Would 250 be enough for England to defend? Seems a long way away at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cr...olicy-overhaul-appointed-head-coach-week.html

Gillespie is supposed to have agreed to be head coach ,but wants a big overhaul in the way the team is run .

Lol, so no comment from you on the current state of play? :rolleyes:

Stokes was absolutely sensational again, but I think he has much to owe to the discipline of Cook and Root. The way they were able to blunt the best the Kiwis could throw at them is what turned the game. Very pleased for Cook, the critics have been lining up to pot him for a very long time and whilst the question of his captaincy will still be brought up, it's great to see him batting as well as he has been. Also think that in Root and Williamson, we are seeing two guys who are going to consume a number of statistical records over the next decade.

Not sure what to make of the performance by the Kiwi seamers. All well and good to bowl with aggression, but when you're serving up that many half volleys as a result it generally doesn't hurt to try put the game back into a holding pattern.

Whilst it's certainly been a test produced for the batsmen, there's been a couple of significant twists which have made it a very interesting contest. I don't see England being able to bowl out the New Zealander's in less than a day on this pitch, but it will be intriguing to see how they want to set up the game with a declaration.

yeah sorry , should have passed comment on the game. Even though its pretty obvious its heading to a draw..
Cook will be cautious with any declaration and NZ probably have enough batting to see out a draw.

So Gillespie has seemingly passed on the job because of Strauss' work restrictions and now we have got some z-list choice being appointed. Laughable !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back