Roast Review Rnd 8: Melbourne 103 dft Western Bulldogs 64

Remove this Banner Ad

6:00 AM. Wake up. The first 10 seconds is trying to remember where you are, what's going on. Then It hits you...oh that's right it's monday and the dogs got thrashed by the dees yesterday...:cry::cry::cry:

Rest of the week will be like this. ugh! :(

On the plus side, new game of thrones episode today!! :)

6:00 AM. Wake up. The first 10 seconds is trying to remember where you are, what's going on. Then It hits you...oh that's right it's monday and the dogs got thrashed by the dees yesterday...:cry::cry::cry:

Losing to the Dees is like M***urbating ... you feel guilty/flat after it happens and know it shouldn't happen again.

Last edited:

dogs just cant win games that have emotional values to the opposing teams. we are weak and get pushed around, just bad to watch..

Family has lost a cat who still hasn't come home, dogs lost the game, I've lost a bet with a Melbourne supporter at work (bottle of Scotch owed), lost a button off my jacket at the game, lost two and a bit hours of my life watching that crap. What a shite of a day.

I didn't watch the game went for a memorial bike ride in Geelong for Gordon Ibbs who was the victim of a hit run incident near Anakie a few weeks ago. Sad moment but a great tribute to Gordon and his family with 500 cyclists participating. Puts life into perspective.

The dogs will bounce back its all valuable learning for a young side and a new coach.

Agreed, but 13 possessions in 8 quarters of footy as a midfielder is almost impossible to do. He's been beyond woeful the last 2 weeks. He can't keep his place in the team.
He should not be playing until the hand is healed. It's affecting his whole game and by extension the team. I wouldn't want to be laying tackles with a broken hand, we saw him grimace a couple of times. Matty Boyd was out for weeks when he broke his hand. I strongly feel playing him injured is easily the worst selection decision this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is true, however I lost count of the amount of time our DEFENDERS played in front and lost touch of there opponents and kicks went over the back to one or two Dees players running into an open forward line.

Agree with most that the Goodes experiment must end. Bonts is suffering for not having McCrae out there and so is the team. I'm all for developing him and working on his skills as he was putrid with his disposal against the Saints. We quickly forget this is a development year still and that the majority of us would not have had us at 4-4 at this point in time.

Also noted that Cordy must have been a threat to the Dees as they sent Watts 3rd man up against him a number of times ala Jongy. Jack ******* Watts...its laughable

Literally for me. Bloody seagull crapped on my head in the second quarter. Summed up my day.

That's supposed to be lucky though.

Sat cat down and broke the news to him about the loss. Taking it hard. Hiding in cupboard. Not sure he'll be up to next week's game. Says he won't come out until we beat a team we are definately better than rather than teams we could accept noble losses to. Says he couldn't face Ward or Griffen's self satisfied smugness if we go down to GWS next week. Poor little fella.

I can't understand why Minson wasn't traded. We might've snagged something decent for him, but we've kept him so he can flounder in the VFL while Cordy, who let's be honest, was never going to make it, butchers any opportunity we had to win.

I can't understand why Minson wasn't traded. We might've snagged something decent for him, but we've kept him so he can flounder in the VFL while Cordy, who let's be honest, was never going to make it, butchers any opportunity we had to win.

We didn't even have a coach during trade week, how on earth would we know that our game plan wouldn't include Minson?

Exactly what went through my head in the fog of waking up. Oops, I should be watching GoT.

That's supposed to be lucky though.

Sat cat down and broke the news to him about the loss. Taking it hard. Hiding in cupboard. Not sure he'll be up to next week's game. Says he won't come out until we beat a team we are definately better than rather than teams we could accept noble losses to. Says he couldn't face Ward or Griffen's self satisfied smugness if we go down to GWS next week. Poor little fella.
What's the cat like at list management?

I didn't think Hunter was too bad at the game yesterday? Sure, probably should be dropped, but people are acting like he was amazingly bad?

We didn't even have a coach during trade week, how on earth would we know that our game plan wouldn't include Minson?

It was a high possibility that he wouldn't be a necessity, given the feeling would've been that it'd be a development year for us coming into the season. It's a waste of an asset, regardless of how you intend to spin it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back