Round 8 2015: Hawthorn vs Sydney - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh okay, so I'm not an "expert" AFL commentator or ex player, therefore my opinion doesn't count? He isn't as good as the media makes him out to be mate, it's as simple as that. I'm not saying he's s**t, he's clearly good, but he isn't the world-beater that he is portrayed to be.
The continual exaggeration of his influence/ability by the media is actually damaging his reputation. It makes people happy to see him make calamitous errors like the fumble that caused him to not win the Hawks the game last night.

Oh you are entitled to an opinion, it's just amusing that you dismiss those of the ones who have played the game and there seem to be quite a few who rate him highly not just one or two. They've even at times been critical of him going missing for long periods of time - but you choose to ignore those comments because it doesn't suit your opinion. Last night he was good and deserved to be in the mix for votes - that's a fact.

It actually says more about who you are, that you would find enjoyment in a player stuffing up just because he gets talked up - tall poppy alive and well right here.

Oh you are entitled to an opinion, it's just amusing that you dismiss those of the ones who have played the game and there seem to be quite a few who rate him highly not just one or two.

The problem I have with the media froth over Cyril is that there is so little content to it. Ok, so he's exciting, he does things that no-one else can do. Don't just tell me that - explain *why*! Tell me *how* he is doing these things.

It's a problem with AFL-related media generally. Instead of genuine insightful analysis we get endless hype and despair.

You expect that from bigfooty (along with the name-calling and straight-up insults), but I want more from professional commentators and analysts.

* I refuse to pay $80/month for fox just so I can watch one channel, so I can't comment too well on their shows.

mate don't talk s**t. we lost that game ourselves, just like we lost the essendon game. This season is bullshit, how are we out 8th.

Exactly. That's just as stupid as some of the $ydney dumbarses saying the inverse.

Exhibit A...

Really? Did you watch the middle quarters? Did you? If you answer yes, as a Hawks supporter, you are delusional, so for from reality, I could call you..wait for it..Tony Abbott..

Well, you have to wonder why players miss so many easy set shots at goal these days, perhaps if they pulled their socks up? I notice s**t like that and our players look like slobs out on the field. Still, it is the lazy generation isn't it?

It's not lazy it's fatigue especially deep in the 4th quarter, players are running and pushing themselves to the brink of exhaustion.

The only weak effort I see is coming from you in this post.
Love your team mate. Sam Reid missed a gimme too.No to mention some of our defensive work on the goal line to gift you a few goals was classic.
A weak effort from me, pointing out the bleeding obvious from Saturday night's game ?

really? So high contact I the spoil = 50m does it?
never knew that

Can you explain the advantage from a mark call as well?
Cause it was paid as chopping of the arms.
If you rely on BT his merry men to explain the game you'll continue to be lead astray. Stream the ABC call when watching a game it will like watching a whole new game

really? So high contact I the spoil = 50m does it?
never knew that
50 metre penalties can also be awarded for unnecessary roughness against a player taking a mark or an unrealistic attempt that results in an infringement against a player taking a mark. McGlynn had the ball in his hands and he got hit in the side of the head by a player who never got his arm high enough to get to the ball. Closer to being a 50 than not.

Can you explain the advantage from a mark call as well?
You mean this? Check the smart replay, it was called a free kick to Tippett.

Wow! Coaches association votes are interesting.

Hawthorn v Sydney Swans
10 Dan Hannebery (Syd)
6 Luke Parker (Syd)
4 Cyril Rioli (Haw)
3 Sam Mitchell (Haw)
3 Sam Reid (Syd)
2 James Frawley (Haw)
2 Jarrad McVeigh (Syd)

Looks like Rioli got 4 from one coach and 0 from the other. And Mitchell got only 3 - that's harsh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, you have to wonder why players miss so many easy set shots at goal these days, perhaps if they pulled their socks up? I notice s**t like that and our players look like slobs out on the field. Still, it is the lazy generation isn't it?

Yeah well im stressing about things

Remove this Banner Ad

Back