Competitions 2015 Adelaide Oval Attendance Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I think crowds will be mostly fine. Maybe a couple thousand dropoff from potential.

Its not like this team needs a full rebuild and better times are years away. New fans know that also imo.

Getting quite good at guessing the crowd purely on the numbers on the train into town. I catch the same one (time before game start) every time, you can get an early feel for sure. :)

We'll be lucky to get 35,000 to either of them. We've all seen it before. Our fans will drop off in their thousands off the back of poor form. We can deny it all we like but it's true.
Actually we haven't seen it yet at Adelaide oval, Even last year when we were in poor form we still got 50,000 against Sydney and Carlton, 37k against The Demons wasn't too bad as well. Our match against the Bulldogs will be a true indication as to whether our fans have truly become loyal. I'd be really happy if we get 38k or more

Our lowest Saturday night crowd was 46k against Essendon in the wet. We will get over 40k against Footscray.

I actually think people will continue to turn up in good numbers, because I think we all believe the boys will get their s**t together at some stage.

Let's be honest, they're a bunch of talented guys who when at their best, are the most formidable group in the AFL.

For whatever reason, things aren't clicking at the moment. It's a combination of poor skill execution, a failure to apply the game plan and the inability to counter sides who are finding ways to stop the guys playing their style of footy.

The effort is there, though. Don't get me wrong, I'm pissed off too. But what's going on isn't through a lack of effort. Hopefully they sort their s**t out next week.

It will happen more frequently at AO for both clubs. Something to get used to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unlike the streams of people leaving early today
When you have a lot of game day ticket holders or 3 game members you will get the early leavers. They are newbies or fringe supporters, here for the good times, and won't put up with shite like we do. I noticed that a lot of those leaving early were in the upper areas of the stands, the GA areas. We need some Premierships to cement their loyalty and it doesn't look like that will happen this year.

When have I sooked you typical pissant south australian whinger?

Based on the constant negative content of your posts, it'd be fair to say that you're the one whose been doing a fair bit of sooking.

So take your own advice and STFU.

Pissant south australian who has never lived in South Australia my whole life? Based on our constant s**t bottom 4 material football chances are youll be seeing negative comments..

Back to the subject though... we didnt get 40k vs dogs last year and we are probably a bottom 4 side this year so what makes you think we will pull that again?

Pissant south australian who has never lived in South Australia my whole life? Based on our constant s**t bottom 4 material football chances are youll be seeing negative comments..

Back to the subject though... we didnt get 40k vs dogs last year and we are probably a bottom 4 side this year so what makes you think we will pull that again?
Last year was Saturday 12 oclock and was pissing down.

I actually think people will continue to turn up in good numbers, because I think we all believe the boys will get their s**t together at some stage.

Let's be honest, they're a bunch of talented guys who when at their best, are the most formidable group in the AFL.

For whatever reason, things aren't clicking at the moment. It's a combination of poor skill execution, a failure to apply the game plan and the inability to counter sides who are finding ways to stop the guys playing their style of footy.

The effort is there, though. Don't get me wrong, I'm pissed off too. But what's going on isn't through a lack of effort. Hopefully they sort their s**t out next week.
Great post. This is not 2011/2012 where we regularly got flogged and had no real draw card players. There are a lot more reasons to go go to a Port game now and as you said, we will get it together simply due to the existing talent we have.

Fair enough.. either way id struggle to see us draw over 40 for the dogs game realisticly coming after a loss. At the very most 35k
Don't get me wrong, anything over 35k will be great. I was just pointing out the reasons for last seasons attendance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back