Media PRESS CONFERENCE: Rover Steps Down

Remove this Banner Ad

30uq0qw.jpg

Thank you all for attending.

I like to announce that as of the end of Season 19, I will be stepping down as the captain of the Coney Island Warriors. I'll say that this is not a retirement, I will continue to play for and represent the Warriors in the SFA but will be taking a more relaxed role in Season 20.

When I originally became involved in the bid two seasons ago, I always said that my aim was to create a club that fostered new talent, grew the game and make it a force in the competition.

I think we've achieved that.

We are now a strong club and as we head into the finals I think now is the time to rally the troops for one more big effort to get us to a flag.

I've often asked a lot of this group. People such as BoshtrichBurger and Sydney Bloods who stuck with me, helped me and kept the faith in the bid - even when it looked shot to pieces. We got the club up and the foundation that these guys provided was invaluable. Thanks gents for being a part of it.

To others like zackah, El Dubya, Stronzo, Reginald Perrin, Lord_Flashheart and Haduken who had no idea what the hell the Sweet FA was yet came over and have really made the place. Some of the funniest blokes I've ever had the pleasure to get to know on here.

And others like Mr_Smooth and alex_is_on_fire - probably our only 'experienced' players at the start - thanks for believing and sticking around.

Finally to the new captain - BigJoeD - I know you'll do a fantastic job. Can't wait to see what you bring to the table and take us to the next level.

Thanks too to okeydoke7 for having faith in me and the team - I think we've repaid that now but it was a gutsy move at this time. And cheers to boncer34 for no other reason other than he is the simmer...

To everyone else involved in the finals, I look forward to making your lives miserable and go the mighty Warriors.

A good leader knows when it's time to pass on the baton, doesn't mean that they themselves can no longer lead, they can and would still do a damn good job.

But sometimes you just have a fantastic option to pass it onto and you can't ignore it.

A good leader knows when it's time to pass on the baton, doesn't mean that they themselves can no longer lead, they can and would still do a damn good job.

But sometimes you just have a fantastic option to pass it onto and you can't ignore it.

In what basement are you keeping the REAL pantskyle tied up and gagged?

I'll never share this information.

The basement under brahj's house.

So why did you give it to brahj?

Where are expansion club foundation captains at?

I'm here :)

Couldn't agree more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No motivational tools/tricks will get you a win on Sunday.
#furiesfirsttofive

FR to go out on top with a premiership this season. What a legend of the game. Tremble in his wake minnows.

You realise he isn't leaving?

Im trying like hell to pass it on but seems noone wants to catch the damn thing :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back