Changes V Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to go against the grain.

Wouldn't replace Trengove with a defender. I think we're too tall in the backlines. Carlile, Hombsch, Jonas our key talls.

I posted something similar in the other thread but if you bothered to look at melbournes forward line they have Hogan (195), Fitzpatrick (200), Pederson (193) and dawes (193) who may return. If they were really keen to stretch us gawn (208) would also be a chance but theyre then too top heavy so probably wouldn't happen; the conditions may play a part aswell.

In saying that Hombsch to Hogan, Jonas to Pederson and carlile to dawes. But this leaves a massive 200cm hole named jack Fitzpatrick. Trengove would normally get the go here but is injured. Those suggesting westhoff don't understand he's better at playing loose and once he engages in a marking contest inside defensive 50 his lankiness means he gets thrown to the side so that's a no go there. Impey would go to garlett who is extremely dangerous because he is a crumber against these talls and vince should get the job on boak.

Does anyone on this site not believe that Logan would not have given a better contest than Impey,Gray or Krak last nite...Upgrade him and as I say reward form

Impey's OK but he needs to learn the art of infringing on your opponent without making it look super obvious that he's doing so. Jonas is great at it. #taliaisacheat is the master of it. Impey can't seem to defend without it being quite apparent that he's scragging.

I think it will come with backing himself and his leg speed a bit. He seems to infringe when he doesn't need too and if he stayed goal side I would back his closing speed in against 9 out of 10 small forwards. He can defend, so he can stay. Interestingly I'd prefer him play forward than Neade but I think he should stay back.

I think it will come with backing himself and his leg speed a bit. He seems to infringe when he doesn't need too and if he stayed goal side I would back his closing speed in against 9 out of 10 small forwards. He can defend, so he can stay. Interestingly I'd prefer him play forward than Neade but I think he should stay back.
Playing impey forward over neade makes no sense whatsoever

“You have to be careful you don’t change too much … because that can have you lose trust (in a group) — and when that disappears, it is gone forever.” This looks like Ken might have some 'Gold Cards'. Well Ken better make some changes or our season is down the gurgler. This would be my team this week:

B: Clurey / Austin, Carlile, Impey

HB: Pittard, Hombsch, Krak

C: Hartlett , Wines, Amon

HF: Gray, Harvey, Wingard

FF: Neade, Schulz, Monfries

Ruck: Ryder, Boak, Ebert

Int: Moore, Stewart, Young / Ah Chee

Sub: White

OUT: Cornes, Trengove, S.Gray, Westhoff, Lobbe, Jonas

Our forward line has no structure & is dysfunctional. Westhoff has offered very little all year - back to the maggies & learn to play the wing! Lobbe is no value up forward & doesn't do enough around the ground at the moment - the Lobbe / Ryder tandem will have to wait. Jonas is totally out of form & turning the ball over regularly. And S.Gray - well enough said there.
Melbourne have some talls & Clurey deserves a go. Harvey not really ready yet, but can clunk a mark, great kick & can pinch-hit in Ruck. Neade is a genuine crumber & will provide pressure and the 3 on the bench bring some fair dinkum AFL bodies.

Won't happen, but we can't persist with so many players out of form at the same time!

whos form does? Besides hombsch everyone else is a basketcase down back.. Carlile was a potential AA as of last week and now everyone thinks he looks overweight and lazy in a week again LOL
oshea has not had one good game this year That is poor form

Hes been given no gametime. He looked ordinary before being picked last year before finding he's feet. He wasnt that terrible at the GABBA.. there were worse.
There were worse in Brisbane.
Jonas out this time as well but that's no reason to bring O'Shea back both should be behind Clurey. Clurey bombs then look at O'Shea and Broadbent again.

OUT: Cornes - Trengove - S. Gray - Jonas - Hartlett - Wingard

IN: Broadbent - Moore - Colquhoun (Sub) - Young - Ah Chee - Stewart

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young was ordinary for 2 games before getting dropped is one good Sanfl game enough for a recall?
Of course Wingard is out.

Am warming up to Moore.

You have to be careful you don’t change too much … because that can have you lose trust (in a group) — and when that disappears, it is gone forever.” This looks like Ken might have some 'Gold Cards'. Well Ken better make some changes or our season is down the gurgler. This would be my team this week:

B: Clurey / Austin, Carlile, Impey

HB: Pittard, Hombsch, Krak

C: Hartlett , Wines, Amon

HF: Gray, Harvey, Wingard

FF: Neade, Schulz, Monfries

Ruck: Ryder, Boak, Ebert

Int: Moore, Stewart, Young / Ah Chee

Sub: White

OUT: Cornes, Trengove, S.Gray, Westhoff, Lobbe, Jonas

Our forward line has no structure & is dysfunctional. Westhoff has offered very little all year - back to the maggies & learn to play the wing! Lobbe is no value up forward & doesn't do enough around the ground at the moment - the Lobbe / Ryder tandem will have to wait. Jonas is totally out of form & turning the ball over regularly. And S.Gray - well enough said there.
Melbourne have some talls & Clurey deserves a go. Harvey not really ready yet, but can clunk a mark, great kick & can pinch-hit in Ruck. Neade is a genuine crumber & will provide pressure and the 3 on the bench bring some fair dinkum AFL bodies.

Won't happen, but we can't persist with so many players out of form at the same time!
No. Ken is 100% correct.

Making 6 changes wont help us win anything

Who remembers when Jacko went down last year and we played O'Shea instead of a key defender (Clurey)? We went on a horrid run of losses. Clurey in his only AFL game against Carlton round 1 2014 played quite well. I say give Clurey the opportunity to cement his spot.

I have a confession to make. I will take the blame for the teams bad performances, in the lead up to the hawks game i had a dream during the week that port would come out firing and build an 8 goal lead, then the hawks would steam roll back and fall just short in the dying minutes, this is a dream that came true. Following this game i haven't had a single dream about port or about them winning. Each week from now on i will force myself into a dream about port winning and they will go on a 14 game winning streak into the finals and top 4. Or is that aiming to high? :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back