Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture 10.png

Extremely timely huge score from Hogan sees me burning Clark and Ellis-Yolmen this week and I'll ride Hogans score all the way out until he hopefully cracks 400k sometime through the byes perhaps.

Ellis Yolmen may make a bit more cash but Adelaide plays Freo this week and he may score poorly again.

For anyone who held VDB, use his 128 wisely, his breakeven may be slightly high next week but the week after he should

I reckon Amon will get full games in the upcoming weeks, Port are losing with the same blokes and fringe players, so surely he'll be given his chance. Rockliff scored at 1.28 points per minute today, he's ready and will go on a mid season tear now hopefully.

In: Rockliff and Amon, cash leftover 38k, team value 12,156,000

Only concerns is Jake Kelly losing cash before the byes but he should have an achievable breakeven this week and Laird will probably miss with concussion. Probably will look at a premo defender or two in the upcoming weeks.

Think I may dump Nic Nat when he has his bye for a top 4 ruck, likely Martin or Jacobs, Hogan will deliver me a premo ruck through Bellchambers DPP. 15 trades left but it's all about finishing your team then providing adequate cover afterwards.

Rockliff has averaged 91 excluding his 0 when he was knocked out against GC, but yeah, the points per minutes stat was encouraging this week, so hopefully the old Rocky will be back.

It will be fun looking at how quickly Rocky and Lewis move up the pecking order in my midfield Etc Pendles is at M1, Fyfe M2, Heppell M3, Ward M4 and so on while Lewis is at M6 and Rocky at M8.

team.jpg

Wanting to get Rocky and Shiel in this week but unsure as the best guys to trade out

Any ideas?

245k in capital

Cripps -> Shiel

and

Bont -> Rocky works with 2k left over

Come on!!

Last edited:
Really wanting to get a R13 defender in this week... Unsure as to whether I can justify spending $496k on Yeo when cash generation is going to get pretty tough over the next couple of weeks.

Thinking about McIntosh to Amon and Saad to Yeo.

Really wanting to get a R13 defender in this week... Unsure as to whether I can justify spending $496k on Yeo when cash generation is going to get pretty tough over the next couple of weeks.

Thinking about McIntosh to Amon and Saad to Yeo.

Just swallow your pride and get KK back

Ill just swing a player (Saad/Newnes/Yeo) to the mids for a few weeks, not that complicated

Well this isn't the other stupid AFL Fantasy Game where a Ruckman can become a mid by ridiculous trading considering you can't directly do Cripps to Kelly.

As far as I know you need to trade a mid to a mid or a back to a back if they are only single position.

Unless I'm missing something?

And why would I know which players you have to swing between positions considering you didn't post your team?

Arrogant jerk much?

Last edited:
I'm going to bring in Deledio this week (even though he's a R11 bye) before everyone jumps on him after the byes.

McIntosh to Amon
Touk Miller to Deledio

That leaves me with a side of:

mQUEVz.png

Currently ranked 431 with 16 trades left. Bar injuries, planning to take the next two weeks off trading and then bring in Jacobs/Stefan Martin for Round 12 and Pendlebury/Sidey/Steven (and swing Deledio forward) for Round 13. Then it'll just be a matter of fixing up the backline once it's clear who the real premiums are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well this isn't the other stupid AFL Fantasy Game where a Ruckman can become a mid by ridiculous trading considering you can't directly do Cripps to Kelly.

As far as I know you need to trade a mid to a mid or a back to a back if they are only single position.

Unless I'm missing something?

And why would I know which players you have to swing between positions considering you didn't post your team?

Arrogant jerk much?

Lol whoa, overreaction much? :)

As far as I know trading is the same in both games. I don't play Fantasy this year though so unless it's changed.

In RDT if you have a DPP def (eg Saad) in the backline, when u go to trade Cripps u can swing Saad into the empty mid spot and trade in a def (eg Kelly) into the empty def spot.

The "not that complicated" part of my post that u interpreted as arrogance (which is strange given ur original post could be interpreted the same) simply meant it's not some strange convoluted trade, just a simple switch. Apologies if u took it the wrong way.

Lol whoa, overreaction much? :)

As far as I know trading is the same in both games. I don't play Fantasy this year though so unless it's changed.

In RDT if you have a DPP def (eg Saad) in the backline, when u go to trade Cripps u can swing Saad into the empty mid spot and trade in a def (eg Kelly) into the empty def spot.

The "not that complicated" part of my post that u interpreted as arrogance (which is strange given ur original post could be interpreted the same) simply meant it's not some strange convoluted trade, just a simple switch. Apologies if u took it the wrong way.

Haha it's probably my fault because I thought those type of trades were only doable in Fantasy.

Now I know better :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Fairly standard this week it looks like

Cripps -> Rocky
Salem -> Dale (unless he is dropped, in which case I'll DPP Mitchell to the forward line and bring in Amon)

Leaves 229K in the bank, will look to upgrade Mitch Clark or Nathan Krakouer next week. Or could wait a week and go Jed Anderson -> Scooter, who should be bottoming by then

Have traded out NVB, swung McKenzie down to the mids and brought in Yeo. My team just looks all over the place atm haha, not really sure if I like it or not. Although I do like having 19 trades left, realistically will have to upgrade my D7 and F7 because I'm not sure if Smith/Newnes/Hibberd and Adams/Bont will do enough to get to the top 10 players in their position. Thought this about Neale though, and he has shown a little potential for him to hold a starting spot come end of season. Only the five rookies left to upgrade in the starting 22 now though, and bench is actually looking quite decent (compared to my Fantasy lol)

RDT.JPG

Last edited:
Have traded out NVB, swung McKenzie down to the mids and brought in Yeo. My team just looks all over the place atm haha, not really sure if I like it or not. Although I do like having 19 trades left, realistically will have to upgrade my D7 and F7 because I'm not sure if Smith/Newnes/Hibberd and Adams/Bont will do enough to get to the top 10 players in their position. Thought this about Neale though, and he has shown a little potential for him to hold a starting spot come end of season. Only the five rookies left to upgrade in the starting 22 now though, and bench is actually looking quite decent (compared to my Fantasy lol)

View attachment 137737

Yeo is currently suspended for 1 week.

Interesting setup though. You have upgraded your backline early which is the complete opposite to me haha worked for you last weekend as you beat me in our match up.

Yeo is currently suspended for 1 week.

Interesting setup though. You have upgraded your backline early which is the complete opposite to me haha worked for you last weekend as you beat me in our match up.
Massive surprise there, I'd essentially conceded defeat before round start. My scoring has been deplorable as of late and my team wasn't really convincing me. I'll put that W down to Neale and Pendles.

Yeah I saw that after posting and its really affected my trades, don't have the cash to bring in any premos which I'm sure on without burning another trade. Unless I bring in another defender in place of Yeo, but I really wanted him and Hodge for those last two spots. Goldy in for Bell is an option, but would much prefer Martin.

Massive surprise there, I'd essentially conceded defeat before round start. My scoring has been deplorable as of late and my team wasn't really convincing me. I'll put that W down to Neale and Pendles.

Yeah I saw that after posting and its really affected my trades, don't have the cash to bring in any premos which I'm sure on without burning another trade. Unless I bring in another defender in place of Yeo, but I really wanted him and Hodge for those last two spots. Goldy in for Bell is an option, but would much prefer Martin.

Goodes and Krak killed me last week. Was looking good for overall ranking up until then although it probably wouldn't have got me our h2h win. Your team looks good on paper. Smith will bounce back and Hibberd played well on the weekend.

Personally if I was you I would go Cripps/NVB to Tom Mitchell if Yeo misses. Play him in the middle until Hogan maxes out and you have a finished forward line.

Goodes and Krak killed me last week. Was looking good for overall ranking up until then although it probably wouldn't have got me our h2h win. Your team looks good on paper. Smith will bounce back and Hibberd played well on the weekend.

Personally if I was you I would go Cripps/NVB to Tom Mitchell if Yeo misses. Play him in the middle until Hogan maxes out and you have a finished forward line.
Funny you say that, was looking at him or Dahl for NVB. Not convinced by Amon/Dale who are the rooks people are bringing in this week, so that's all I could afford.
What are your thoughts on Mitchell? I'm just so hesitant, after his form in the 2s last year and him still not getting into the first team, I just don't want to reach round 15 and have him dropped or be a sub candidate.

Funny you say that, was looking at him or Dahl for NVB. Not convinced by Amon/Dale who are the rooks people are bringing in this week, so that's all I could afford.
What are your thoughts on Mitchell? I'm just so hesitant, after his form in the 2s last year and him still not getting into the first team, I just don't want to reach round 15 and have him dropped or be a sub candidate.

I brought him in last week but yeah, that's a big risk with him. If he keeps his spot he is a very good pick and his form is excellent atm but he has a lot of competitioN to keep his spot.

Dahlhaus is an interesting one. He scores very quickly then goes missing them fires up again. I've been waiting for him to have a quiet week but he just keeps pumping out good scores. The problem with him is that he is very expensive and probably due for a quiet game.

I have to bring in a rookie priced player this week or at least a decent downgrade to bring in Rocky. Also not convinced on anyone this week so got a tough decision to make.

Tarrant to Bailey Dale/Karl Amon (with Krak DPP) if named. Mitch Clark to Brett Deledio who looks like he's had a week of more than he needed and in great touch.

Deledio will never be this cheap again (unless he gets injured early in a game of course) and I think he's going to average above 100 for the rest of the season.

That settles my forward line with Gray, Franklin, Mitchell, Deledio, Martin and Swan with Hogan and Dale/Krakouer on the bench. I think Hogan will stay in my team as my F7 barring injury or form collapse.

DT RD 8.png

After picking my team in 10 minutes before round 1 with no research or planning I have made some good changes thus far. But this week I feel as though I have trouble areas everywhere and am struggling to pin point what needs to be done. If anyone could give me some good trade ideas that would be fantastic, unfortunately I only have 135k to work with this week. My only solid idea is to get Kade Simpson into my team, but that leaves me with little cash and many problem areas. My current bye structure is 11-12-7. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back