Dwayne ' s**t commentator ' Russell - PART 2 in 3d

Remove this Banner Ad

Dwayne late in the GWS-Crows game: "Wow, every player on the ground is in the one half of the ground for this kick in."
Ummm...hey ********, this happens almost with almost every kick in, in every game, every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wtf is a chaos ball
Hadouken.gif

Phil Davis and Josh Jenkins had a bit of a tussle today and Dwayne says "two ex-team mates going at it"

Phil Davis announced he was joining the Giants in August of 2011, Josh Jenkins was traded to Adelaide in the October trade period of 2011.

If two players played for the same club they're teammates under DerWaynes theory.
Not the first time he's done that.

Dwayne is in vintage form today. Talking about Brisbane debutant Liam Dawson " his mum normally wears the Brisbane jumper but today she's just wearing the club polo " thanks Dwayne.

How does he know that? How does that even come up in general conversation?

Phil Davis and Josh Jenkins had a bit of a tussle today and Dwayne says "two ex-team mates going at it"

Phil Davis announced he was joining the Giants in August of 2011, Josh Jenkins was traded to Adelaide in the October trade period of 2011.
You guys expect a fair amount from these commentators. They're supposed to make some type of special comments about the game. It's a bit hard to remember which exact year who was traded where - (he was off by a few months) for just two blokes at Adelaide and GWS, let alone be expected to remember this type of info for everyone in the league.

I can barely remember what year players from WC were drafted.

Realistically they have stats guys who should be feeding them info and they screwed him over there.

You guys expect a fair amount from these commentators. They're supposed to make some type of special comments about the game. It's a bit hard to remember which exact year who was traded where - (he was off by a few months) for just two blokes at Adelaide and GWS, let alone be expected to remember this type of info for everyone in the league.

Realistically they have stats guys who should be feeding them info and they screwed him over there.

I knew that they were never team mates and I'm not a paid football commentator.

How does he know that? How does that even come up in general conversation?

For those of you who have just joined us

It's his go to whenever he's commentating a young player. It'll be something like " his from Rockhampton and his mum used to run the canteen at his junior club " stuff nobody gives a s**t about but he deems it worthy of talking about. His other go to is " he's only ever received 2 Brownlow votes in his ENTIRE career " he has a weird obsession with Brownlow votes.

You have to think, "Who is he speaking to? What is his image of the viewer?"
Dwayne's image is someone who is constantly in and out of the room, doesn't know much about football, watching the footy between the ad breaks on Everybody Loves Raymond. He delights them with charming tidbits, and tells us that we just saw something that doesn't happen even occasionally, like a goal from the "paint". It doesn't matter if he is wrong, because what do we know? We are drooling giggling fools that need to be tickled constantly lest we get upset and change to something more immediately satisfying like MASH.

It's apart of his job to know this stuff and he's being paid (presumably) several hundred thousand dollars a year to know it. I can forgive a mistake or two but the guy makes plenty of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back