List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

:p
HENDERSON IS NOT A FREE AGENT!
Yes, but what compo will we get for him?
I'm just saying words and thinking I know what I'm talking about but seriously, we will get a first round compo for Hando still.

Seriously, we will. I know this for a fact.

Is Hando related to Pandles?

Last edited by a moderator:
You keep saying it's the end of the story but then telling more story. Is it a new story, or are you just not really telling the end of the original story, like Tarantino? I'm so confused :(

Each week he gets picked is a new story I suppose. Maybe I need to say end of chapter hmmm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something I haven't seen discussed much, if at all , is whether the club will lobby for a special 'priority' draft pick.
I can see McKay arguing that the list is in such dire state we need assistance else we will be screwed for years to come.
The AFL will likely be reluctant to hand one over (because they've never done so yet and let's face it Melbourne have been terrible) but in our corner is the fact the AFL cannot afford to have a powerhouse sitting down the bottom for years on end.
We could argue the difference between CFC and MFC is Melbourne had good picks but wasted most of them through poor development and the silly decision to rid themselves of nearly all their experienced players. In other words Melb had themselves to blame. Despite having high pick after high pick they ran the place into the ground.
In our case, we have simply picked poorly and have a core group coming to the end.
I dunno, I think there is an argument in there somewhere.

Something I haven't seen discussed much, if at all , is whether the club will lobby for a special 'priority' draft pick.
I can see McKay arguing that the list is in such dire state we need assistance else we will be screwed for years to come.
The AFL will likely be reluctant to hand one over (because they've never done so yet and let's face it Melbourne have been terrible) but in our corner is the fact the AFL cannot afford to have a powerhouse sitting down the bottom for years on end.
We could argue the difference between CFC and MFC is Melbourne had good picks but wasted most of them through poor development and the silly decision to rid themselves of nearly all their experienced players. In other words Melb had themselves to blame. Despite having high pick after high pick they ran the place into the ground.
In our case, we have simply picked poorly and have a core group coming to the end.
I dunno, I think there is an argument in there somewhere.

Melbourne tried and they failed.

Sort of wish Lach was a FA. We'd be a chance to get band 1 compo for Lach if he was a free agent (which at this point is pick 2). Compared to a mid-late first rounder we'll get in a trade.

Could definitely apply to both, but Melbourne have a head-start out of the mess.

A priority draft pick for a long series of drafting blunders and crap development of players? Yeah, the AFL will go for that.

Yes but why else would you be asking for it ?

It has to be because we have balsed things up, else we'd be good or at worst alright

I can only see that the only time a club will get a priority pick is for something extraordinary like, dare I say it a player/s getting killed or sick

Otherwise the whole idea of such a pick is a contradiction in terms. I mean you need it bec you are sheet and you are sheet ebc most likely you have ballsed something up, like drafting, or development, or terrible club culture, etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back