Official Muse Thread - New album, 'Drones', out Now

Remove this Banner Ad

It's funny, I used to be a massive Muse fan, but now I couldn't care less. Maybe this new album might re-ignite the flame, but I don't feel optimistic from what I have heard so far.
Same here, They were in my top 3 bands back in 06..Could barely give a toss about this upcoming album. Although I still like to listen to OOS

Mercy was released over social networks tonight and just means I'm done with muse. Loved them when they were good, but now sound like a bland cover band of themselves. Or maybe they really are drones. The last 3 records make sense then.

Goodnight muse and thanks for the memories.

Exogenesis? Unsustainble? I Belong to You? Isolated System? Animals? :)

Muse are always a mixed bag and there have been tracks off the last couple of albums I haven't even listened through to the end....................except for at a concert, of course.

Reapers terrible? O.K.

Exogenesis? Unsustainble? I Belong to You? Isolated System? Animals? :)

Muse are always a mixed bag and there have been tracks off the last couple of albums I haven't even listened through to the end....................except for at a concert, of course.

Reapers terrible? O.K.

Yes reapers is pure s**t.

Yes reapers is pure s**t.

Looks and sounds pretty good live to me..................but you're the man. :)

The album reviews are again littered with references to Queen, U2 and even Zeppelin and Hendrix this time around.
Of course they have to throw in AC/DC this time around, given the Mutt involvement.
With Capella, Orchestra's, Swirling synths.........it may not be the straight out rock album promised..........which is no surprise.

Looks and sounds pretty good live to me..................but you're the man. :)

The album reviews are again littered with references to Queen, U2 and even Zeppelin and Hendrix this time around.
Of course they have to throw in AC/DC this time around, given the Mutt involvement.
With Capella, Orchestra's, Swirling synths.........it may not be the straight out rock album promised..........which is no surprise.
"Lyrics are admittedly not Bellamy’s strongest point, but he has never crammed quite so many ungainly, clichéd and po-faced lines onto a single album before"

" It’s a bold ambition, albeit fuzzy in intent, the rockstar equivalent of posting inspirational Morgan Freeman quotes on Facebook."

"Epic melancholy romanticism has always been one of Muse’s saving graces, a glorious rebuttal to snooty critics who hear only bombast and bluster in their music. But there is too little of it on this album, and too much middling Muse-by-numbers."

"Great in parts, but flat and clumsy in others, Bellamy’s bid to become more serious appears to have stunted what he does best, which is operatic excess fuelled by volcanic emotion. To stretch a metaphor, Drones sometimes feels like it is flying on autopilot, and too often misses the target."
https://classicrock.teamrock.com/reviews/2015-05-18/muse-drones

Does not feel me with any hope...

Classic Rock magazine............They're still reviewing Rush & Thin Lizzy :)
Reviews will undoubtedly range from 2 stars to 4.5 stars and finish up with a neat 70 on Metacritic...... That's just the course of things for these guys.
Albums have never been cohesive. Their trick is to pull out 5-6 tracks and meld with some old favourites and some not so favoured tacks for their live shows.

The new live setlist looks promising at this stage, with them having given us the full G.O.B. Assassin, Apocalypse Please and Futurism.

It's funny, I used to be a massive Muse fan, but now I couldn't care less. Maybe this new album might re-ignite the flame, but I don't feel optimistic from what I have heard so far.
This is me too unfortunately. Was a huge fan early 00s. Now I'm barely excited for the new album. will give it a listen though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoy campaigners.

Matt really tired it up through the course of this set. Not sure why the sound is so low on this and why the mixing is a little weak.
Anyway, Reapers and Psycho make for great live tracks and Mercy goes O.K. also.

All the hype is around Handlers at this stage with Dom busting to play it live.
Must say that I've enjoyed what I've heard of The Globalist and Defector also. They'll fit well into the new shows.

Studio version of Reapers has leaked.

Yes. Yes. Yes.
By "leaked" you mean "officially released".

Not sure I like this drip feeding of songs. It means when the album actually comes out there'll only be a few songs left to hear for the first time.

By "leaked" you mean "officially released".

Not sure I like this drip feeding of songs. It means when the album actually comes out there'll only be a few songs left to hear for the first time.
Wasn't released officially when I listened to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back