Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but I just feel dreadfully sorry for Mick's family, especially Nanette.

Mick's been hounded each week since the round 1 loss to Richmond. Whilst coaches who are struggling bigtime like Hinkley and Brad Scott escape the media blowtorch.

There definitely seems like a concerted push by the media to bring down Mick (Derm just said this on SEN this afternoon)

There was a concerted push on this board and in the media to bring down Ratten too ... after one mediocre 11-11 season. In fact, even sooner when he was still in the 8. Coaching is a tough gig but Malthouse has been blessed. This is really the first time he has gone through this in 30 years. At least he his reputation to fall back on. The way some other coaches have been demonised .....

PresidentHeader.jpg

Dear Aph,

There is no question that this is a challenging time for our football club and I share in your pain and frustrations over our recent on-field performances.

When I became President, I promised to lead and make decisions based on good information and thorough processes, and not in a rushed or pressured way.

To me, strong leadership not only involves articulating a plan and providing the guidance to achieve it, but also having the courage to concede if a plan requires adjusting and then executing the change accordingly.

The position of Senior Coach is one that we have consistently said would be reviewed in the second half of the season. That had always been the Club’s intention. However, we now believe it is in the best interests of our football club to alter our timeline.

Our CEO, Steven Trigg and myself met with Mick Malthouse today, and agreed that in the best interests of the club, we would make a decision on the future direction of our senior coaching position in the week of the bye, which is round 11.

Mick supports our revised timeline and has again committed to stay the course.

We are very mindful of the speculation surrounding the senior coaching role and the impact it is having. Out of care for all concerned we believe it is best to make a decision sooner than previously indicated and that the bye round represents an appropriate time.

We will take the next few weeks to review the future of the Senior Coach position before making an informed and rational decision to take Carlton forward.

As I have now said on numerous occasions, the days of quick fixes are behind us. Our approach to this very important decision will be methodical and considered. This is about making the right decision the right way, in an orderly manner that is right for Carlton.

While I have this opportunity I would like to thank you for your continued commitment, passion and loyalty through this time.

Together we will navigate through this and restore pride to our Old Dark Navy Blues.

PresidentFooter.jpg

PresidentHeader.jpg

Dear Aph,

There is no question that this is a challenging time for our football club and I share in your pain and frustrations over our recent on-field performances.

When I became President, I promised to lead and make decisions based on good information and thorough processes, and not in a rushed or pressured way.

To me, strong leadership not only involves articulating a plan and providing the guidance to achieve it, but also having the courage to concede if a plan requires adjusting and then executing the change accordingly.

The position of Senior Coach is one that we have consistently said would be reviewed in the second half of the season. That had always been the Club’s intention. However, we now believe it is in the best interests of our football club to alter our timeline.

Our CEO, Steven Trigg and myself met with Mick Malthouse today, and agreed that in the best interests of the club, we would make a decision on the future direction of our senior coaching position in the week of the bye, which is round 11.

Mick supports our revised timeline and has again committed to stay the course.

We are very mindful of the speculation surrounding the senior coaching role and the impact it is having. Out of care for all concerned we believe it is best to make a decision sooner than previously indicated and that the bye round represents an appropriate time.

We will take the next few weeks to review the future of the Senior Coach position before making an informed and rational decision to take Carlton forward.

As I have now said on numerous occasions, the days of quick fixes are behind us. Our approach to this very important decision will be methodical and considered. This is about making the right decision the right way, in an orderly manner that is right for Carlton.

While I have this opportunity I would like to thank you for your continued commitment, passion and loyalty through this time.

Together we will navigate through this and restore pride to our Old Dark Navy Blues. :eek:

PresidentFooter.jpg

I never realised the esteem our very own Moderator is held in at Carlton! ODN, I salute you!! :)

So you'd have to assume Mick knows his fate and he may even walk before then or we will see Knockers and Wood play together for the next 2 weeks and Nicky G rack up a couple of BOGs in the 2nds before the bye.

Just received the same email too...a goner for sure. you have to feel for the old man....poured his guts into a team that played for themselves. The last month was a sign of giving up..No faith, no trust, no loyalty (both sides).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decision has already been made IMO. I disagree with the email though - why wait for the bye? Get it over and done with now!

Perhaps we are planning something special for his last game as coach.

I am seeing a guard of honour for Mick consisting of all our past sacked coaches. Ratts, Pagan, Parkin, Walls..........

Decision has already been made IMO. I disagree with the email though - why wait for the bye? Get it over and done with now!

Who cares if its another two weeks ? Its not like we have a chance of winning another game in that timeframe anyway, least this way the club and Mick get to part ways in a civil and dignified manner.

Its important for the image of our club that Mick leaves with some semblance of his standing in the game left in good stead. He shouldn't be discarded casually like a banana peel.

I never realised the esteem our very own Moderator is held in at Carlton! ODN, I salute you!! :)

You did note that they feel I am currently lacking in pride.

Message to the President:

Mark, You've proved yourself in your short term to be a back-slapper and then a back-stabber.
You wanted to show yourself as someone who could get the job done but have failed at every call.
You tell us one thing and then set out to do another
What is the criteria for the next coach? Someone that you or Mathieson are close to, again?

We know you love Carlton but it's time to prove that now...........Resign like a man and take your board with you.

Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back