Opinion The Official Brad Scott Thread - Back, at the club (Relax - bumped thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Does it not trouble you that far more senior players make the same mistakes? Deciding Jacobs is worse and deserves the heat just allows much more experienced players a chop out.

I don't think any of our senior players * up with the same regularity, impact or consistency as Jacobs. Happy for you to tell me which senior players you are referring to though.

People want a scapegoat after three 10 goal losses in nine weeks, not after one game. And scapegoat is just an exaggerated way of saying some of the guys who get picked every week should feel the heat a little bit more.

The view that "everyone wanted Ayden Kennedy in, thus arguing guys in the VFL should be promoted is not valid" is just a s**t one. I'm sure you can debate a bit better than with crap like that.

The view is people seem to get very wound up over things like Ayden Kennedy when the reality seems to be he wasn't up to it and that is why he wasn't selected. I don't think Scott is playing favourites, I think he is not promoting guys who are in his mind not ready for whatever reason. And I can't think of anyone who has been performing not getting their chance over the last few years - even if it comes a bit later than the masses on here want.

For starters I don't understand how Atley has kept his spot for two months. Given we're pretty much playing him as a sub anyway, I don't see why DUmont couldn't come in and try to help address our stoppage issues. Daw is doing everything asked of him but I think Waite and Brown has been quite good, and Drew will have a spot under Scott until the day he retires.

So that is it? Atley is the big statement? I would be ok with that change, but don't think it will have the impact on the playing group you want.

I'm confused about what you're inferring - are you saying that because Warren didn't look up to it we shouldn't promote VFL players? Or are you confusing me saying I'd be for someone like Warren to get a promotion based on team things (as opposed to needing 40 a week) with me suggesting I specifically want Max Warren in the seniors?

I am saying Warren was promoted with average/good VFL form, was less than average in the seniors and Scott was criticised for the selection.

He has identified and stated on numerous occasions that our turnovers are killing us, but he continues to play the players that are turning it over.

So does this mean he knows the problem but he's not prepared to fix it?
He thinks those players can improve their skill level/decision making?
We have nobody to replace them?

I don't think any of our senior players **** up with the same regularity, impact or consistency as Jacobs. Happy for you to tell me which senior players you are referring to though.

The view is people seem to get very wound up over things like Ayden Kennedy when the reality seems to be he wasn't up to it and that is why he wasn't selected. I don't think Scott is playing favourites, I think he is not promoting guys who are in his mind not ready for whatever reason. And I can't think of anyone who has been performing not getting their chance over the last few years - even if it comes a bit later than the masses on here want.

So that is it? Atley is the big statement? I would be ok with that change, but don't think it will have the impact on the playing group you want.

I am saying Warren was promoted with average/good VFL form, was less than average in the seniors and Scott was criticised for the selection.

So , reading between the lines, despite Brad talking about our depth at every chance he gets, and despite a number of senior players underperforming and a side with top four aspirations getting smashed three times in eight weeks, we are stuck with what we have in the seniors for the following reasons:

1) No one in the VFL is putting their hands up
2) People in the past have called for VFL inclusions prematurely/incorrectly
3) Dropping a senior player won't have much of an effect on the playing group and thus isn't really worth it

No wonder we're in the current predicament - what is the motivation for the senior guys to perform and really dig in?

Not sure why a player has to dominate the VFL for weeks on end to be considered a replacement for players who demonstrate below-par performances in the AFL.

That is the crux of our problem right there above my words of less wisdom.
I'd omit five from Saturday night, and tell them their efforts weren't acceptable.
Doesn't mean you're finished, just means you don't deserve a game next week.

Yeah we'd probably get beaten by Collingwood, but s**t finishing fifth or tenth I couldn't GAF.
The process towards the ultimate fifth flag starts somewhat earlier than the year it's won.

So the question is: Who is our Will Minson.

Big name gets dropped by a rookie coach.

Could anyone imagine Luke Beveridge putting up with what we are dishing out?
Would have been handy when Jake Spencer took the game away from the Dogs. Nice work Beveridge!!

Yes - Jake Spencer!!! He is the Melbourne ruck for those that have never heard of him.

That is the crux of our problem right there above my words of less wisdom.
I'd omit five from Saturday night, and tell them their efforts weren't acceptable.
Doesn't mean you're finished, just means you don't deserve a game next week.

Yeah we'd probably get beaten by Collingwood, but s**t finishing fifth or tenth I couldn't GAF.
The process towards the ultimate fifth flag starts somewhat earlier than the year it's won.

There's almost a stigma at North that if if get dropped you're no good and your cards are marked.

Plenty of top players have been dropped. The key part is though you don't just get dropped for a token week. You stay down until your form or application is good enough. Could be a week, could be a month.

Im of the opinion the structures are getting changed/tweaked every season and now the players have NFI of what to do or where to be.

There is no direction in the football ive seen this season and certainly no identity. It is an inconsistent rabble with only the defence actually knowing wtf they are doing week to week but getting their pants pulled down by sheer weight of numbers caused by a sub par mid field and a non willingness to work their backsides off defensively- especially after a clanger.

We are one of the worst pressure sides in the competition. We cant play under it and we cant apply it,

A real nothing interview with BS on Talking Footy. May as well just replayed his post match presser. Compared us with Hawthorn at 4 and 4. Maybe don't mention the percentage. And of course the mandatory Lindsay ducking question from Carey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If brad Scott wasn't coach who would you like as replacement? Bomber Thompson? Malthouse? Worsfold?

If I was in charge at Carlton(thank god I'm not) looking for a coach, i'd take Worsfold over Scott if it was a choice between them two.

That doesn't mean i think Scott should get the boot, but its going to be interesting when the club realise what most of us think deep down that there isn't a premiership in this group.

Do we sign him on for a mini rebuild or start with someone new?

A real nothing interview with BS on Talking Footy. May as well just replayed his post match presser. Compared us with Hawthorn at 4 and 4. Maybe don't mention the percentage. And of course the mandatory Lindsay ducking question from Carey.
Yep that was a waste of time.. U can tell the panel were holding back abit..

snake-oil.jpg

Junk time goals need looking at.

Kick ins are hotch potch.

Corridor hand balling/kicking is a high risk, high return if it works...but we are so slow to react to pressure or over react....either way turn over...

Forward line goes missing for too long...Petrie gets into scragging...Waite looks trepiditious.

Low percentage blind kicks out of packs to the opposition.

...like seriously, you can get away with that crap with low-mid teams and sit on their turnovers, but against teams on their game, well 10 goals later...

Corridor hand balling/kicking is a high risk, high return if it works...but we are so slow to react to pressure or over react....either way turn over...

Forward line goes missing for too long...Petrie gets into scragging...Waite looks trepiditious.

...like seriously, you can get away with that crap with low-mid teams and sit on their turnovers, but against teams on their game, well 10 goals later...

I'd love to see our +/- on goals after the 20 min mark of each quarter.

Perhaps using mason wood up forward would be best (sure hands, great kick, and quick lead). Push Petrie up the ground, he seems to look more comfortable there.
I feel Woods talents are being wasted up the field on the wing.

Micks position is being reviewed at the bye. The board of nm should also review brad Scott's position at the bye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back