MRP / Trib. Yeo offered a week

Remove this Banner Ad

So you can read minds and apparently do detailed analysis of all options in under 0.2 of a second? Awesome

To me, he's not looking at the ball, and he just swung an arm out. You can actually see that his head isn't facing the ball when the St Kilda player gets smacked in the face.

I don't reckon he realistically tried to spoil the ball.

To me, he's not looking at the ball, and he just swung an arm out. You can actually see that his head isn't facing the ball when the St Kilda player gets smacked in the face.

I don't reckon he realistically tried to spoil the ball.

I reckon your wrong.

It's nonsensical to expect that a guy arriving at a contest won't notice the other guy arriving at the contest. If your argument is he's erred by not maintaining laser eyed focus solely on the ball without a single sideways glance at the 100kg guy about to make contact with him then, frankly, that's silly.

The St Kilda guy actually gets hit in the face by Yeo's forearm, and the ball is as close to Yeo's fist as the guys head is. Which is exactly what you'd expect when a bloke swings at a ball from one side and the other bloke marginally beats him to the ball coming from the other side.

But either way that's an argument as to crazy levels of detail. There was a few milliseconds between Yeo launching at the ball and the guy getting his hands on it. No committed athlete could have done much differently at all. And IF the exact same blow was say 2cm to either side and as a consequence drew no blood and the player just took his kick and went on with it, nothing at all would have happened.

It was the blood that caused the incident to be reviewed. And as anyone whose played any contact sport knows, it doesn't actually take much force to the right parts of the head, including the nose, to have blood pissing everywhere ... Whereas a cm either side, nothing.

The incident was a spoil attempt. And we are only here because of a bit of blood and a ridiculous dribble fest chaired by Tim Watson.

It was the blood that caused the incident to be reviewed.

This is one of my main criticisms of the MRP - they look at the consequences of the hit (an injury) rather than the potential for injury when assessing incidents.

Personally I thought the McVeigh round arm, Mitchells forearm and the Goldstein whack on Ballantyne well off the ball were all worse than what Yeo did but only Goldsteins was considered significant enough to hand out a penalty but even then that was only a fine despite the hobbit clearly being dazed by the blow

No blood nose for Webster = no suspension for yeo and thats bullshit especially when, as you pointed out, it's very easy to give a bloke a bloody nose

Tell you what Eagle87, this is the way I used to spoil! :) Except harder, to the back of the head......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other thing that shits me is the AFL go on and on about how they want to clean up the game so mums let the little kiddies play and all that but they then go out and give a guy who is .2 seconds late to a contest 2 weeks when guys like Goldy, Mitchell and McVeigh who thug act behind play get off. I personally have no problems with any of what they did as it was all soft and just niggle but they definately still have their priorities where their head is, up their arses.

View attachment 137813

This shot is about 4 video frames or 0.2 seconds after the ball was grabbed.

This is clearly a legitimate attempt to punch the ball, any subsequent contact was incidental and not a reportable offence.
Aw c'mon, he could have pulled up in 0.2 of a second.
If a players stops going into, or pulls short of, a contest (ask my son how I feel about this) I would be filthy as the coach.

View attachment 137813

This shot is about 4 video frames or 0.2 seconds after the ball was grabbed.

This is clearly a legitimate attempt to punch the ball, any subsequent contact was incidental and not a reportable offence.
I hope you don't mind but I sent this picture in to the Eagles and hopefully it can be used for an appeal.

I've no doubt Swannies. The ball with ears was likely your primary target. Bloody Swan Districts :)
Problem is I would never have got as high as Yeo did. :D

Aw c'mon, he could have pulled up in 0.2 of a second.
If a players stops going into, or pulls short of, a contest (ask my son how I feel about this) I would be filthy as the coach.

Let's be honest you'd sack the player and send him down to Subi or Claremont or some other bunch of soft western suburbs types :)

I hope you don't mind but I sent this picture in to the Eagles and hopefully it can be used for an appeal.

last time i sent it to the lawyer after they had already decided to appeal. I still have his email, but not sure if he's still acting for us, he's been busy defending essendon lately...

Let's be honest you'd sack the player and send him down to Subi or Claremont or some other bunch of soft western suburbs types :)
West Perf or Sowfs, mate. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back