• Simon Lloyd

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
show_image.php

Like Mother, Like Son...

FWIW 'Fred' Bassett for me. Tough, no-nonsense, successful AFL player (All-Australian) and two time SANFL Premiership coach. Doing his AFL apprenticeship at Essendon. Well regarded by all and respected by his players. Ticks all the boxes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think Bassett is off-limits due to having been promised the red sash once WADA are finished.

Dew I always thought was a figjam at Port Adelaide - good player but. At Hawthorn he got to throw his weight around but wasn't a thug like Campbell brown. So probably a good candidate - the Scott bros aren't particularly likable but they get results.

Bolton I'd have reservations that he's only had AFL experience at one club and not as a player - Wayne Brittain.

No to Sumich, he's a knob! Couldn't stand the bloke as a player and I've heard him on radio.

DEW. Has seen success at Port,Hawks and Swans. I want someone who could be new to the coaching game with new game plans,enthusiasm different views on footy that can grow with the playing group. He also hasn't been out of the game too long.

Dew has been a premiership player at Port and Hawthorn and has been assistant at Sydney during their premiership. Wherever he goes, success seems to follow and he has been around many clubs with good culture.

Bolton managed to coach a depleted Hawks team to 5 wins. He would be a good choice also.

Bassett turned Norwood in the SANFL into a juggernaut based on a clever gameplan.

Ultimately I think we need a coach with an attacking mindset that plays to the strengths of our list. Let the players play with flare and start enjoying their footy again. Yes, they will make mistakes but I just want them to take risks and not second guess with the ball in hand.

I still think Bassett is off-limits due to having been promised the red sash once WADA are finished.

Dew I always thought was a figjam at Port Adelaide - good player but. At Hawthorn he got to throw his weight around but wasn't a thug like Campbell brown. So probably a good candidate - the Scott bros aren't particularly likable but they get results.

Bolton I'd have reservations that he's only had AFL experience at one club and not as a player - Wayne Brittain.

No to Sumich, he's a knob! Couldn't stand the bloke as a player and I've heard him on radio.

Unfortunately for Sumich he does come across as being not very bright, which is a long long way from the truth.
Didn't get the WCE job because the St Georges Tce crew look down their nose at , what they think is, his lack of sophistication.

He's also just been working under a coach who's pretty good at getting the best out of average players.
.....but, people don't like his media so he'll probably just stick to Freo until Lyon finished. Pretty sure the job is his.

Serious question; what career coach in their right mind would want to be employed by this Carlton board? Would honestly expect the likes of Bassett, Dew, Bolton etc to avoid applying at our toxic, basket-case of an organisation. There will be plenty of jobs available over the next few years. Fully expect them to bide their time and look elsewhere.

The board needs to go.

Serious question; what career coach in their right mind would want to be employed by this Carlton board? Would honestly expect the likes of Bassett, Dew, Bolton etc to avoid applying at our toxic, basket-case of an organisation. There will be plenty of jobs available over the next few years. Fully expect them to bide their time and look elsewhere.

The board needs to go.

That's assuming they can get through an interview process. Hinkley, Richardson, Sumich and others failed to get past this stage on more than one occasion. Doesn't mean they can't coach but prospective candidates shouldn't be so cocksure that they are a shoe in for any vacancy that comes their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back