Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you not understand what has just happened?

The club has been adamant since round one despite results that Mick's future will be decided at season's end. They are now actually worrying about what the media thinks.

I mean come on Carlton..

I think it has more to do with our club been disgraced by our on-field performances and MM sending out mixed messages.

The club gains nothing by keeping him till the end of the season.

I find it sad that many fans aren't prepared to give Worsfold a go if indeed he is appointed as the next full time coach.

I have a sneaking suspicion some Blues fans never really gave Mick a chance when he was appointed either (just a feeling I have, no directed at any poster here)

Do you not understand what has just happened?

The club has been adamant since round one despite results that Mick's future will be decided at season's end. They are now actually worrying about what the media thinks.

I mean come on Carlton..
The negative media attention certainly would have played a part in the announcement, in that it makes the club more unattractive for sponsors. But it's definitely not the sole reason. We're 18th with one win in the last year of Micks contract for gods sake.

This two week thing is ridiculous and disrespectful. When the inevitable happens and Mick gets the axe, what are you learning or gaining in these next two weeks? This isn't a saving face from when you said you'll make a decision in the second half of the year.

I find it sad that many fans aren't prepared to give Worsfold a go if indeed he is appointed as the next full time coach.

I have a sneaking suspicion some Blues fans never really gave Mick a chance when he was appointed either (just a feeling I have, no directed at any poster here)
There are a lot of reasons why many fans are not prepared to give Woosha a fair go... but the main reason is John Elliott standing up on open mike and saying that Worsfold should be Carlton's next coach.

A lot of supporters are getting sick and tired of these meddling old w***ers who are just interested in propping up their egos at the expense of the club. If the club can't do a due diligence investigation and have everything done in a logical manner and actually hire the best person for the job instead of the person that the rich "benefactors" have all agreed on, then the club is going to die and these w***ers are going to be sitting there lording it over a corpse.

Can we get a proper *ing president with some experience and a professional appearance at the very least. MLG is a *ing joke.

There are a lot of reasons why many fans are not prepared to give Woosha a fair go... but the main reason is John Elliott standing up on open mike and saying that Worsfold should be Carlton's next coach.

A lot of supporters are getting sick and tired of these meddling old ******s who are just interested in propping up their egos at the expense of the club. If the club can't do a due diligence investigation and have everything done in a logical manner and actually hire the best person for the job instead of the person that the rich "benefactors" have all agreed on, then the club is going to die and these ******s are going to be sitting there lording it over a corpse.

Well yeah, it's okay to have an opinion but if these powerbrokers want someone don't mention it in public as though you still think we hang off your every word. You actually risk doing your preferred option out of a job given the current climate.

I used a different word but bigfooty edited it to ruddy ;) I'll let you guess what the word was...

Can we get a proper ruddy president with some experience and a professional appearance at the very least. MLG is a ruddy joke.

I'm prepared to let this coaching situation play out before condemning Mark Loguidace, everyone's very quick to stick the pitchfork in.

I certainly will not be influenced by the galahs in the media who seem to only write negative crap about Carlton (remember their disgusting smear campaign against Richard Pratt ?)

I must admit I feel sorry for Mick. His video message shows a coach who is struggling to express his thoughts on our current predicament. It appears his circumstance is terminal. I hope he has the good sense to walk away.

MM is a triple premiership coach who was in the game for 30+ years with plenty of cash and a big family.

He'll be alright.

MM is a triple premiership coach who was in the game for 30+ years with plenty of cash and a big family.

He'll be alright.

The amount of money Mick has doesn't wash away the amount of stress and personal crap he and Nanette have endured this year.

Mark Robinson especially should be ashamed of himself, a vindictive and spiteful witch hunt by a man who absolutely fits the bill of being an Murdoch employee.

Find myself liking Derm again for his passionate defence of MM yesterday on GuessEN. #OnyaDerm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This two week thing is ridiculous and disrespectful. When the inevitable happens and Mick gets the axe, what are you learning or gaining in these next two weeks? This isn't a saving face from when you said you'll make a decision in the second half of the year.

You have the bye to take everything in, players get some time to adjust to a new coach, said new coach doesn't have to take on Sydney in Sydney in their first game. Finally, fork Mick, he has been nothing but disrespectful to our club this season, I have no sympathty for him whatsoever. I feel sorry for Laidler, Robbo and Nick Graham. At least it's not too late for Graham, the other two loved Carlton and were ditched by a bloke we now have zero faith in.

Almost every loss that I've been to has had people screaming blue murder about Mick from the very beginning as we've left the stadium. Different pockets of fans every time but nonetheless very much present.

I feel sorry for Laidler, Robbo and Nick Graham. At least it's not too late for Graham, the other two loved Carlton and were ditched by a bloke we now have zero faith in.

Loved Laids but don't feel sorry for him at all. Happy to see him playing some good footy for a contender.

Not prepared to give Woosha a go because in his final year at West Coast, he had zero energy and that reflected in the teams performances. As Mick has said about player retirement, he should have gone with some left in the tank. I don't think Woosha has had enough time away from coaching to know what he wants and whether he is prepared for 5 years of hard work at the blues.

Just for the people in the back row who might not understand what happened when Carlton appointed Malthouse.

Malthouse was approached by agents of Bruce Mathieson to sound him out on taking over Carlton early in the 2012 season. They were telling him that the side that was currently under-performing was only an experienced premiership coach away from the top 4 and competing for premierships.

Mick allowed himself to be convinced that was actually the current state of play at the club and signed on.

When he arrived at the club, he found that players that were barely VFL standard let alone AFL standard had been given 2 year contracts instead of being allowed to run down their contracts so that he could clean out a lot of the deadwood at the club right from the get go.

Once he got to training with the club, he saw that he had been lied to but by that stage his ego had taken over and he was committed to trying to achieve what the powerbrokers who got him appointed wanted... a premiership. So when his first clean chance to clean out the deadwood arrived, he started delisting all the VFL quality players on our list and started trying to get in experienced players to replace them.

And now... after 2.5 years, the powerbrokers have realised that the list was s**t and that they are wasting money on Malthouse... so they are going to waste yet another chunk of the clubs money to get rid of him.

Now... I hope that helps and that whatever issues you have come good and you can actually think properly for a change.
allowed himself to be convinced? thats exactly my point. He had a serve lack of judgement and when your paid $1mill for a job you cant afford to have that.

And it seems wont take any responsibilty for the predicament.

That SEN interview this morning was depressing, there is no way that he is in any state of mind to be coaching the team over the next two weeks, our board is a disgrace for the inconsistency of message and inability to be decisive. The coach needs to be replaced effective immediately given the message that is out in the public domain and I believed he should have been appointed for a further two years as the state this board is in it is going to chew up and spit out an inexperienced coach if it does not work and the supporters are tired.

it is not easy to love my football club at the minute.

as an aside malthouse just admitted trigg told him betts signed 18 months prior, gibbs went into round 1 injured, kreuzer reinjured are these really the statements you want coming from a coach...... wish it had ended yesterday for everyones sake.

This is the same coach who by profession is a Chemist, and yet could not identify that there was a Meth Lab operating in his club and he was completely unaware of the rampant drug culture operating at his club. One former legend died because of drugs and one of his players nearly died on an end of season trip due to an overdose whilst at the peak there were as many as 10 players using. Add to that West Coast played boring football and his coaching was unimaginative culminating in his ultimate demise.
Let's look at the best assistant coaches in the system and that includes Ratten who will now be a better rounded coach for his experience with Hawthorn.

Last edited by a moderator:
as an aside malthouse just admitted trigg told him betts signed 18 months prior, gibbs went into round 1 injured, kreuzer reinjured are these really the statements you want coming from a coach...... wish it had ended yesterday for everyones sake.

Betts signed 18 months prior to Adelaide than he became a free agent? If so then that's tampering which is worse than the Tippett saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back