Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unfortunate state when doing nothing at all is better than doing something.

The mess we've created for management, football department and the players is a big one.

Something has to change and not just to welcome in a new coach with new false promises.
unfortunately injuries can bring a coach down, we could have no injuries and pretty much the same list next season and with a new coach and they start to win and everyone will laud the new coach...............which will be wrong because Mick has had no luck with injuries the past year and a half. Injuries are the reason we are not competitive

you can't be serious, who do you think sacked Ratten and appointed Malthouse ? the list management problems we face now were many years in the making, under his watch. o_O

Ratten was a good offensive coach, not defensive and that was never going to get a flag. I'm amazed that the same people that wanted Ratten sacked, are probably now sticking up for him.

Ratten was a good offensive coach, not defensive and that was never going to get a flag. I'm amazed that the same people that wanted Ratten sacked, are probably now sticking up for him.
I agree about Ratten but I didn't agree that we should appoint Malthouse without an extensive interview process. Until the whole club changes from top (especially top) down, changing coaches is putting lipstick on a pig. I pity the next coach if nothing else changes.

I agree about Ratten but I didn't agree that we should appoint Malthouse without an extensive interview process. Until the whole club changes from top (especially top) down, changing coaches is putting lipstick on a pig. I pity the next coach if nothing else changes.
I don't, it will just show that it wasn't the coaches fault and fans will call for his head as well

Betts signed 18 months prior to Adelaide than he became a free agent? If so then that's tampering which is worse than the Tippett saga.

That signature would have been irrelevant had Carlton matched the Crows $$$. Suspect it was an agreement to terms if Carlton didn't cough up. That said, it would explain Eddie's form and headset in 2013, so perhaps people can cut MM some slack on this issue.

I just saw Mick's round 8 report.

It appears Malthouse's definition of a very good side is any side that beats Carlton. It's probably time to acknowledge that Carlton are actually making these sides look like very good sides.

... and that's a bit of an indictment on his performance I would have thought.

That signature would have been irrelevant had Carlton matched the Crows $$$. Suspect it was an agreement to terms if Carlton didn't cough up. That said, it would explain Eddie's form and headset in 2013, so perhaps people can cut MM some slack on this issue.
Carlton should have gone to the AFL with it to complain or they should have traded Betts in 2012

Its not Mick's fault we are in this position. His game plan might not be the best in the country but its certainly not the worst.
And if you dont have faith that Malthouse can get the best out of players you dont understand what sort of coach he is.
Its unfortunate that we've tarnished a great coach with piss poor effort and skill out on the field.

My heart really goes out to Mick

I hope the players switch the * on and get a win for him before his time with us is over.

Sorry Mick - sorry on behalf of the Carlton football club

I just saw Mick's round 8 report.

It appears Malthouse's definition of a very good side is any side that beats Carlton. It's probably time to acknowledge that Carlton are actually making these sides look like very good sides.

... and that's a bit of an indictment on his performance I would have thought.
They are equal 7th, there are about 13 good sides this season. This has been an even year so far

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair to Mick, the board does stink. But that doesn't absolve him of everything else that has happened on the field and with the list. He is daring the board to sack him, surely he will be gone by the end of the day.

Every club has injuries. Geelong's injury list was longer than ours this week and we still got smashed.
it is not the length of the injury list, it is what depth you have to cover those players and what kind of core you have still. Geelong still had their main forwards and backs in the line up which helps

We really don't have the depth to cover our best 25 if we get injuries

They are still a finals team

Our club is in shambles, from the Board to the membership department.

I guess I've known this for a long time but refused to believe it.

We need a clean out from the top down so that we can start again.

We are a disgrace.

Mick has to go now
From the sounds of what Andy Maher said, there will be a challenge to the current board. And we need a strong board that isn't aligned to the Pratts or especially Mathieson.

Its not Mick's fault we are in this position. His game plan might not be the best in the country but its certainly not the worst.
And if you dont have faith that Malthouse can get the best out of players you dont understand what sort of coach he is.
Its unfortunate that we've tarnished a great coach with piss poor effort and skill out on the field.

My heart really goes out to Mick

I hope the players switch the **** on and get a win for him before his time with us is over.

Sorry Mick - sorry on behalf of the Carlton football club

Sarcasm?

Betts' agent tweeted that this statement is 100% untrue.

Forgive my intrusion HBF but do you think your board might act on Mick today? Whilst the Betts thing may be true it does seem that Mick is determined to make Trigg look bad. It seems that the situation has reached such a damaging level that the club may have to take immediate action. If they install Laidley as the caretaker now you will at least have some stability for the rest of the year whilst giving young players more opportunity.

From the sounds of what Andy Maher said, there will be a challenge to the current board. And we need a strong board that isn't aligned to the Pratts or especially Mathieson.
I missed that HBF, did he seem to know something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back