Mega Thread Malthouse, Trigg, the Players, Game plan - The Official 'Where is Carlton At" thread (2015 edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good on Mick, the board would want him to quit. From the sounds of things they're all gutless individuals who are more concerned with their own agendas instead of what's good for the Carlton football club and him quitting would save them the embarrassment.

Sounds like Trigg might have a bit of explaining to do to the AFL in regards to Eddie Betts as well. If he is found to be guilty surely the entire board has to step down. Like hiring a bank robber to work at a bank and then being surprised when they rob you :drunk:
Can't see that the Betts deal would be any different to that of Tippett, Franklin, Ablett, Goddard etc etc etc. And should Dangerfield go to Geelong we'll throw that dodgey deal into the mix also.
The only difference is when an absolute peanut like Trigg feels the need to impress someone.

Last edited:

Are you seriously saying that the board and culture they create is not a problem?

No I don't think its a culture issue. No one complained about club culture when we beat you in finals by 80 points.

But have they done it correctly?

Made it leaner and added a list manager. More commercial managers and developers in management team. but wont know for another three years

Don't blame Mick. Trigg is an utterly incompetent moron who has thrown him under the bus several times this season.

The morons in charge of this club have finally accepted a rebuild, something most came to the realisation of after 2013, yet they want to sack this guy who is clearly being told 50 different things and doesn't have a single clue what he's meant to be coaching for.

I don't know if it's just Trigg.

The president - who seems to me like a pretty levelheaded operator - comes out and says they're finally rebuilding... and the coach doesn't seem to know anything about it?

Joint has problems.

He's not getting results. The club has done the right thing by giving malthouse two weeks to be more competitive. If he can't do it then we need someone who will.
As Malthouse said, there's nothing to be gained by giving him two weeks at all.

The bloke is a 30 year veteran. Everyone except the morons in charge know that this bloke can build a competitive team when given time.

Since day one his hiring has reeked of divided board decision. Heck, I heard rumblings from a very concrete Collingwood source that Mick did not rate the list anywhere near as highly as the higher ups and lots of supporters did at the time.

Right now the club is treating a legend of this game with an incredible amount of disrespect and as a Carlton supporter I'm sick. The way we ousted Ratten was bad enough. It appears nothing has been learned.

As KB was saying before too, who in their right mind would now want to coach this club after Mick knout that this board will throw them under the bus at the first possible chance?

This is only going to get uglier. Four of our most important players are on the way out, there are no ready made replacements.

How is this absolute pissweak bunch in the admin going to withstand the pressure when it inevitably comes again in a few years time?

Made it leaner and added a list manager. More commercial managers and developers in management team. but wont know for another three years
I just can't help but think that the man at the front in Trigg needs to go. He could be a great CEO (though he doesn't seem to be), but he embarrasses you in the media and has no credibility.

I don't know if it's just Trigg.

The president - who seems to me like a pretty levelheaded operator - comes out and says they're finally rebuilding... and the coach doesn't seem to know anything about it?

Joint has problems.

Malthouse is the one that went to the board first year after his review and said the squad is missing six A grade players. He is a goose and must go

I just can't help but think that the man at the front in Trigg needs to go. He could be a great CEO (though he doesn't seem to be), but he embarrasses you in the media and has no credibility.

That's your opinion. If he doesn't perform he needs to go too. Not many good CEOs with AFL experience.

Its time for Mick to go, I have a lot of respect for him but everone can see that this has not worked. A great career and a fighter to the last gasp. What disappoints me now is I have zero confidence in Trigg and the board to make the right decisions moving forward.
Trigg is very obviously an underhand operator who we can do without. LoGiudice is floundering and out of his depth in dealing with this crisis. He is coming out of this with very little credibility. I really hope a true leader emerges from this joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's your opinion. If he doesn't perform he needs to go too. Not many good CEOs with AFL experience.
It is my opinion, and having seen plenty of turmoil at my own football club I can attest to how much stability a stable and respected CEO brings to the table. Even just from what plebs like myself can ascertain looking in.

He's only speaking the truth. Should we sack the next coach that refuses to drink the board's bath water too?

Well you cant turn around in the media and say the players are down because the board said theres going to be a rebuild. That's just a cop out to his gross under performance. The players simply have no idea what they're doing on field

Well you cant turn around in the media and say the players are down because the board said theres going to be a rebuild. That's just a cop out to his gross under performance. The players simply have no idea what they're doing on field
The way you're trying to absolve the board, CEO and President from this is laughable.

They have clear problems that still haven't been addressed since the Ratten axing. Nobody elected the President, I doubt most of us agreed with hiring a known dodo like Trigg and the board is still largely dominated by Pratt and Matheson like it has been for years.

Once Malthouse goes, if some serious reevaluation isn't done again, I've lost all hope. We've had four coaches in fifteen years all meeting the same end . When will people finally accept that the coach is hardly the biggest problem?

No I don't think its a culture issue. No one complained about club culture when we beat you in finals by 80 points.
Yes well done an elimination victory from 4 years ago. Completely dismissed my points and anything I've said is irrelevant.

Trigg is the one creating this frenzy. What a joke of a CEO. For Carltons sake I feel really sorry for their fans. With him in charge.. it'll be a long decade.
Feel like LoGiudice is trying to take the heat off, but Trigg seems to be adverse to towing the company line. A line, funnily enough, that he should be constructing. Clear disconnect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back