Social Off Topic Thread - House of Dastardly Crax

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah I got better about Thursday, but I was whacked out for most of it. Lovely weather after I arrived Sunday, and really nice people I worked with. Lots of talk about the downturn in things over there.

Got to watch the game on Friday night without interruption, and REALLY enjoyed the 5.50 pm start and all done by 9 pm. Unfortunately it was all about MM again which, like just about everyone else, I am over.
Yeah, if it's not about WA teams, the news here is all about mining, the iron ore price, etc. etc. and how people who were working for $100,000+ p.a. are never going to survive now they've lost their jobs. I don't have a lot of sympathy for those who haven't saved. A couple of months ago, I read an article that said there'd been about 25,000 jobs lost in the resources industry in the 12 months prior to the article being written. It's not just the unqualified people who've lost jobs- geos and engineers have been retrenched also.
Still- I think I've lived through a few of those cycles and the metals prices will continue to rise and fall, as they have before. Gold is pretty strong at the moment, luckily.

I quite like the time of the games as well, though I have to juggle dinner so I'm not cooking during the game. :) You'd appreciate how difficult it is to watch any footy when you've got young kids. If I wasn't doing dinner in the evenings, I was at netball, footy or the pool. :(

KWyUlwc.jpg

I'd be wary of trusting all the 'news' that comes out of North Korea.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/28/north-korea-rumors_n_5160797.html

"...Critical thinking just goes out the window on North Korea," NK News founder Chad O'Carroll told The World Post. Too often, international media outlets rush to regurgitate Japanese and South Korean press reports about North Korea without doing the same fact-checking they would on other stories, O'Carroll said. As North Korea's neighbors and host to its refugees, Japan and South Korea do in fact have rare access to information about the insular regime. But some of their media outlets have no qualms about reporting based on one anonymous source, O'Carroll warned, and these stories are often later debunked.

Michael Madden, who authors the site North Korea Leadership Watch, wrote in Foreign Policy that such reports from North Korea often involve gross exaggeration. "Little snippets of information are imaginatively threaded together by creative diplomats or intelligence officials ... and peddled to journalists working in the hyper-competitive South Korean and Japanese media markets," he wrote...

It's sad, really, isn't it? Social media just exacerbates this problem because it's much easier for people to say nasty things to you anonymously or via social media, than it is for them to say those same things to your face.
Yes, but I think social media is a great way to say good things to people as well, without any embarrasement
I mean, look here. I have been sitting here with a smile on my face reading etc and catching up with you lovely people. It also helps to take one's mind off other things for that time on here. I appreciate it .
Wow.... Too much seriously.... ummm, cerious,,, um errr SERIOUS ... phew got it . stuff for this time of day
And get this . Yesterday, a man was asking a real estate agent , re a house, if it faced north, because he didn't want the sun in his bedroom in the am .
Agent asked, "why? does the sun get up in the North?
No, it rises in the east.
Agent" Oh ok. I can't be bothered keeping up with all the stuff. "
They walk among us . :D

Yes, but I think social media is a great way to say good things to people as well, without any embarrasement
I mean, look here. I have been sitting here with a smile on my face reading etc and catching up with you lovely people. It also helps to take one's mind off other things for that time on here. I appreciate it .
Wow.... Too much seriously.... ummm, cerious,,, um errr SERIOUS ... phew got it . stuff for this time of day
And get this . Yesterday, a man was asking a real estate agent , re a house, if it faced north, because he didn't want the sun in his bedroom in the am .
Agent asked, "why? does the sun get up in the North?
No, it rises in the east.
Agent" Oh ok. I can't be bothered keeping up with all the stuff. "
They walk among us . :D
Hahaha! True story, hey? ;)

Yes, I'm sure that social media also helps people say nice things to each other that they might not be saying face to face. People seem to be more appreciative, for example, with the written word than they may be face to face. If you gave me a present, I might say thanks, give you a hug, etc. but if you sent me a present, I'd type a paragraph or two of thanks to you- maybe a little over the top. :)
You could send me a present and we could compare my 'thank you's, whaddya reckon, CatMarie?? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha! True story, hey? ;)

Yes, I'm sure that social media also helps people say nice things to each other that they might not be saying face to face. People seem to be more appreciative, for example, with the written word than they may be face to face. If you gave me a present, I might say thanks, give you a hug, etc. but if you sent me a present, I'd type a paragraph or two of thanks to you- maybe a little over the top. :)
You could send me a present and we could compare my 'thank you's, whaddya reckon, CatMarie?? ;)
OK Here ya go . Your command is mine to obey .

images
images
images

Any one else want a gift brought back while I am out shopping ? My butcher would like a present of an exotic beer. :( I don't know what that is . Any ideas ? Because he gives me such good personal service , and I opened my mouth ( as I do ) :( and said he deserves a present . lol

Any one else want a gift brought back while I am out shopping ? My butcher would like a present of an exotic beer. :( I don't know what that is . Any ideas ? Because he gives me such good personal service , and I opened my mouth ( as I do ) :( and said he deserves a present . lol
Lol
You put your foot in it there, didn't you? :D
An exotic beer is an imported one- so steer clear of XXXX, Carlton, etc :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back