2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A big no thanks. He's simply not up to it at either end of the ground.
Shoey........Really his that bad? Not saying his not you may have seen more of him than me, wouldn't come good with more game time?

Last edited:
IMO we might be better off chasing Giants depth players that can't get a game. It would take something special to get one of their established types out of the club now. They'll be in Premiership mode very quickly.

Don't they have a few first rounders who can't get a game sitting in the two's? Seems an ideal place to go searching for a undiscovered gem.

Forget Hawkins he ain't going nowhere, unfortunately.

Rance would be a great get.

If the club doesnt make a play for hawkins i would be pissed. This mind set that he is going no where is a load of crap. Yes i am optimistic but surely him not signing an extension last year or over the preseason means something. Yes im hopeful but * he would help.

If the club doesnt make a play for hawkins i would be pissed. This mind set that he is going no where is a load of crap. Yes i am optimistic but surely him not signing an extension last year or over the preseason means something. Yes im hopeful but **** he would help.

With quite a few players not signing in quite optimistic of who we could possibly get and I think we're going to be quite aggressive as well. Taking into consideration also with the club supposedly waiting on signing some of our own players in Luey, Aish and Jed we really do have some cash to make that impact.

We'd be mad not to sign Jed on for 2016. Hell we need experience and leadership. Wouldn't really surprise me to see him leave and go after some success. He was pretty bummed about losing the captaincy I thought.

i can understand your sentiment but I am a little bit dissapointed in his output this year and especially with how young our back six is i would expect him be more of that backline leader than just having the C next to his name. In saying that there a few whose output has been far below than what is expected (Yes, Zorko i'm talking about you!). If we were to get Rance he would do more than enough to make up for that loss of Jed's leadership and would definatel becomem that backline general we need.

i can understand your sentiment but I am a little bit dissapointed in his output this year and especially with how young our back six is i would expect him be more of that backline leader than just having the C next to his name. In saying that there a few whose output has been far below than what is expected (Yes, Zorko i'm talking about you!). If we were to get Rance he would do more than enough to make up for that loss of Jed's leadership and would definatel becomem that backline general we need.
Jed hasn't been playing in the backline though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jed hasn't been playing in the backline though.

I wasn't at the ground, but it looked to me like he was spending more time in the backline on Sunday.

I really think we made a mistake cutting Lisle, I know many thought he was no good, but was crucified by Leppitsch. Has anyone seen the top goal kickers in the VFL this season!

I really think we made a mistake cutting Lisle, I know many thought he was no good, but was crucified by Leppitsch. Has anyone seen the top goal kickers in the VFL this season!
I think it's worth also revisiting the fact that Jackson Paine kicked about 60 in the VFL in the year prior to coming to the Lions.

If Staker or McGuane hadn't got injured it would have been fine but we could really use Lisle forward to take the number 1 defender to ease the pressure on McStay. Would've cost next to nothing as well.

Not a huge mistake though. Maybe they were backing Paine to have a better season.

I think it's worth also revisiting the fact that Jackson Paine kicked about 60 in the VFL in the year prior to coming to the Lions.

EDIT: 45, it was. http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2013-10-28/player-review-no-33-jackson-paine

As for the broader discussion, I didn't even realise Lisle was playing VFL, but it doesn't surprise me to hear he's kicking lots of goals. He's just emerged from the AFL, after all. He'd have several centimetres and kilos on most of his opponents, as well as elite level experience.

He's had three senior coaches at two clubs have a good look at him and none have been convinced. He's had his shot at AFL level.

As for the broader discussion, I didn't even realise Lisle was playing VFL, but it doesn't surprise me to hear he's kicking lots of goals. He's just emerged from the AFL, after all. He'd have several centimetres and kilos on most of his opponents, as well as elite level experience.

He's had three senior coaches at two clubs have a good look at him and none have been convinced. He's had his shot at AFL level.

+1

Fair enough if he wasn't able to break into the Hawks team as a regular. But after a few years of being unable to break into the Lions side, especially when we had Browny out for extended periods, the writing really was on the wall.

Lisle kicked 11 goals in 8 games and rucked a bit in 2013 before being played as a 3rd/4th tall defender last year in 5 games where we got absolutely smashed. He wasn't that bad as a forward.

If Merrett retires this year we most likely won't have a genuine KPP over the age of 22 on our list next season. Lisle at 25 could have been quite handy.

If Staker or McGuane hadn't got injured it would have been fine but we could really use Lisle forward to take the number 1 defender to ease the pressure on McStay. Would've cost next to nothing as well.

Not a huge mistake though. Maybe they were backing Paine to have a better season.

I disagree. I believe Staker is simply 'past it'. Don't know if it's too long out of the game or he has just generally lost the knack for it, but he has look really lost, border line incapable, when playing this year. I really liked him at his best too. And as for Mcguane, there just can be no emphasis put on his ability to help us IMO, he isn't capable of taking the field, which was rumoured to be likely when we picked him up, and when he has played he has never looked imposing. I'd love to have him at FF, but I don't think we would have been fine had he been able to play.

Lisle was the correct decision, but the wrong decision - his form warranted delisting - but knowing what we know now, we really could have used him this year. I think it's less about Paine or Close, I just think Leppa really believed we could kick enough goals from the midfield.

I disagree. I believe Staker is simply 'past it'. Don't know if it's too long out of the game or he has just generally lost the knack for it, but he has look really lost, border line incapable, when playing this year. I really liked him at his best too. And as for Mcguane, there just can be no emphasis put on his ability to help us IMO, he isn't capable of taking the field, which was rumoured to be likely when we picked him up, and when he has played he has never looked imposing. I'd love to have him at FF, but I don't think we would have been fine had he been able to play.

Lisle was the correct decision, but the wrong decision - his form warranted delisting - but knowing what we know now, we really could have used him this year. I think it's less about Paine or Close, I just think Leppa really believed we could kick enough goals from the midfield.

This post is quite confusing.

I don't see how the remote possibility of most of our KPPs missing a large portion of the season through injury would've been a good enough reason for retaining Lilse. If most of them were fit, we'd have trouble fitting them all in the reserves side. He was given a good shot at it, and he didn't make the grade.

This post is quite confusing.
It took a while but once you slow it down and dissect what he was trying to say it makes sence. In short he was saying stakers gone mcgaunes gone and in hindsight it may go been withy giving Lilse another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back