Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlton are an utter shambles. Malthouse probably had to go but that board is a disgrace.

I don't blame Carlton members for being very, very angry at them at the moment.

Forget the club for a second, the media's treatment of Malthouse has been woeful.

Robbo was talking about last night how he doesn't like how Mick treated people and if you upset people on the way up blah blah blah. Fact is that someone like Mike Sheahan is probably the "legend" of the football media and he's not a 10th of the figure Malthouse is in this game. Fair dinkum, the degree to which the football media overestimate their importance in the game is staggering.

Forget the club for a second, the media's treatment of Malthouse has been woeful.

Robbo was talking about last night how he doesn't like how Mick treated people and if you upset people on the way up blah blah blah. Fact is that someone like Mike Sheahan is probably the "legend" of the football media and he's not a 10th of the figure Malthouse is in this game. Fair dinkum, the degree to which the football media overestimate their importance in the game is staggering.

Well said. They seem to forget they are there because of football, not football is there because of them.

Mike Sheehan, I have no doubt, holds himself up on a not inconsiderable pedestal but you only have to take a look at how he did a Caro on Fitzroy for the AFL over many years in the 1990s to get some idea of what he's really like.

So which quick fix are Carlton going to buy this time?

odds.jpg

Well it's an exciting field Pweter, we've got a few ripe options for the picking, obviously Dean "Looks Like A" Laidley firming at $5, John "I Know Nuzzink" Worsfold coming in hot all the way down to $10, Brett "Hawthorn'd" Ratten has been pushed out to a staggering $20 so some good value there, and Alan "Not the Qantas Guy" Joyce a long shot at $1,001.

New markets are opening for Chris "Integrity" Judd, John "Shoplifter" Nicholls and Robert "Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey" Walls and we'll keep you updated on that.

odds.jpg

Well it's an exciting field Pweter, we've got a few ripe options for the picking, obviously Dean "Looks Like A" Laidley firming at $5, John "I Know Nuzzink" Worsfold coming in hot all the way down to $10, Brett "Hawthorn'd" Ratten has been pushed out to a staggering $20 so some good value there, and Alan "Not the Qantas Guy" Joyce a long shot at $1,001.

New markets are opening for Chris "Integrity" Judd, John "Shoplifter" Nicholls and Robert "Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey" Walls and we'll keep you updated on that.

My vote would go for the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey as it'd be great seeing Marc Murphy going into the ruck when he's struggling to impact a game yet again.

As for the favourites, Looks Like A made me chuckle a little, though his history is in bringing clubs to their knees and since Carlton are already there he might not be such a good fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel sorry for him, would have thought you stick by him until the end of the year
As soon as they put out the 2 weeks decision he was gone. He went down swinging and swiftly told them all where to go.

Pleases me he is no longer involved with that sh*tstain of a club.

On the plus side, with Mick gone, we might just see less of Mark ******* Stevens after every Carlton game.
He will go back to being irrelevant 7 days a week, rather than 6 days 23 hours and 55minutes.

On the plus side, with Mick gone, we might just see less of Mark ******* Stevens after every Carlton game.

Unless they appoint Stevens, thinking he's the 1998 Adelaide premiership player.

As soon as they put out the 2 weeks decision he was gone. He went down swinging and swiftly told them all where to go.

Pleases me he is no longer involved with that sh*tstain of a club.

Yeah it was a weak decision and a club has once again allowed rampant media attention to dictate what they do. He was never going to get his contract extended but you show some balls and let him see out his contract.

Then again as we are all coming to realise Contracts arent worth the paper they are printed on in the AFL system

Logical thing to do is to keep Malthouse and let him rebuild that pathetic list. Unreal, they fold like a sack of s**t after just three months of media pressure.

Gutless. They have hit a Melbourne 2007-2013 and Richmond 2009-2010 type low

Yeah it was a weak decision and a club has once again allowed rampant media attention to dictate what they do. He was never going to get his contract extended but you show some balls and let him see out his contract.

Then again as we are all coming to realise Contracts arent worth the paper they are printed on in the AFL system
Media pat themselves on the back, check off another name on the blood lust list and in the end Carlton are no different to where they were yesterday.

Feel sorry for him, would have thought you stick by him until the end of the year
It seems the president wanted to do that. But Malthouse didn't exactly help him with the comments he made today and last week about the rebuild. He's basically forced them to sack him by making public the division between himself and the club. Have to wonder why he was allowed to go on SEN today given last week's mayhem was caused by a media spot too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back