Bumped Malthouse...Foxtel interview and more (latest post #1509)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mick is on SEN today? I'm super surprised that Carlton haven't gagged him.

Or maybe they have? o_O
He went on the Footy Show before the 2011 GF, so hardly surprising he'd jump on radio now.

What makes you so sure?
There is some chatter about that the board may have had their hand forced by MM through his earlier comments this morning and that Dean Laidley will step in as interim coach.

There's bigger problems at Carlton other than MM IMO. Sooner Carlton realise this the sooner they can move on. I suspect it will take them another 2 years to actually stop the rot from inside.

This just goes from bad to worse. I wish it was all over, and that Carlton put an end to this, fast. Playing this out in the media is unsavoury, makes me feel voyeuristic, which is not want I want to be. It's just so poisonous, toxic, like a very bad reality TV show. Just finish it, please, so I can go back to simply enjoying Carlton's crapness, without squirming in my seat.

Might also justify a reconsideration of how we - apparently - mishandled the transfer of power to Bucks. It's rapidly looking like we did a tremendous job of not opening up our horrors to public scrutiny.

There is some chatter about that the board may have had their hand forced by MM through his earlier comments this morning and that Dean Laidley will step in as interim coach.

There's bigger problems at Carlton other than MM IMO. Sooner Carlton realise this the sooner they can move on. I suspect it will take them another 2 years to actually stop the rot from inside.

I'm happy for Carlton to keep swinging wildly from an overly confident board to an overly confident coach and back again. So long as they never deal root and branch with the reality of modern football and their place in it we can all have a good laugh.

This just goes from bad to worse. I wish it was all over, and that Carlton put an end to this, fast. Playing this out in the media is unsavoury, makes me feel voyeuristic, which is not want I want to be. It's just so poisonous, toxic, like a very bad reality TV show. Just finish it, please, so I can go back to simply enjoying Carlton's crapness, without squirming in my seat.

Might also justify a reconsideration of how we - apparently - mishandled the transfer of power to Bucks. It's rapidly looking like we did a tremendous job of not opening up our horrors to public scrutiny.

VP never ever feel any need to squirm while enjoying their crapness. They deserve everything

I'm happy for Carlton to keep swinging wildly from an overly confident board to an overly confident coach and back again. So long as they never deal root and branch with the reality of modern football and their place in it we can all have a good laugh.
Yeah it is just fantastic. Clearly Mick has decided to put dignity and reputation care aside and go out swinging. Could be a really good post sacking interview.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

162151598.jpg

VINDICATED

If Mick had said at the very beginning that Carlton were not in a premiership winning position then they all might have been in alignment. I believe Mick thought he could take the team there, he certainly stated last year they were at 11 o'clock on the premiership clock.

The Carlton board are catching a lot of flack for the equivocation on Malthouse but what were the options? I'm sure they didn't expect to be going so poorly this year so the timeline's shifted. They'd probably prefer a smoother transition but fate has forced their hand. Mick has tried to squeeze their nuts in order to get an extension and it's not paid off.

This is all happening far too quickly. Would have preferred it be dragged out for the entire season at a minimum. Would have even been better if they re-signed him.

I blame the posters in here taking great delight in the current predicament. All of you.

Who do we laugh at now?

This is all happening far too quickly. Would have preferred it be dragged out for the entire season at a minimum. Would have even been better if they re-signed him.

I blame the posters in here taking great delight in the current predicament. All of you.

Who do we laugh at now?
Lumumba is playing poorly at Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back