Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank christ this will finally come to an end. Since the start of the season when mick made the comments about his contract destabilizing the playing group it was clear this whole thing is about Malthouse ego, and now that it has become clear he wont be offered a new contract he is determined to go out swinging. It has shown him up to be an extremely selfish individual and I wilk be glad he is out of our great club.

Mick's going out on his own terms (that old cliche, if I'm going down, I'm taking you all with me)

As Harks said a few pages back, if MM's outburst leads to regime change at board/admin level, then he has done us a big favour.
That still might have happened regardless.

Thank christ this will finally come to an end. Since the start of the season when mick made the comments about his contract destabilizing the playing group it was clear this whole thing is about Malthouse ego, and now that it has become clear he wont be offered a new contract he is determined to go out swinging. It has shown him up to be an extremely selfish individual and I wilk be glad he is out of our great club.

Pfft, no way is it the end. This is just the start of a whole new round of bullshit

Now what happens?
Barker has 2 days to prepare for our loss against Sydney.
Then we lose by 120 odd points and watch as everyone is like #SakcBarker!

Will this footy club be around in 10 years time ? Very, very worried, I agree with Mal about razing the club down and starting again. A very bleak day for our club
How can we the supporters/members instigate or influence this change?

They couldn't possibly sack him today after the "message to the members" yesterday. What a farce we have become.
It was Micks idea to do the intetview this morning. The club had to act after that. They just had to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Western Bulldogs would kindly disagree with you. Macrae, Dahlhaus, Bontempelli, Stringer, Hunter, Hrovat, Honeychurch and even Jong have all been in the last few years.

We've buggered up possibly 8 out of the last 10 drafts anyway.
a rebuild is not successful until you win a premiership, which might take the Bulldogs 6-7 years if they are lucky to win one

people also forget that the sanctions the Giants and Suns got hurt teams like us that needed high picks to rebuild and only now are teams recovering from it. It is why the comp is far more competitive now than the last 3-4 years

Now what happens?
Barker has 2 days to prepare for our loss against Sydney.
No the players have 2 days to prepare themselves and prove to the football world that they actually are worthy of being coached by anyone.

Its about time they took responsibility for their performances and put up an effort at least this week.

I am not expecting Judd to rest himself this week either.

Along with expediting the clean-out of the list, if Mick can kick up enough s**t on the way out he may just provide the catalyst to clean out the Board.

Strange times indeed, when in the long term this kind of bedlam is actually the best thing for the club.

So.
Mick is gone. Another coach bites the dust. The board remains...who in their right mind would want to come and coach this rabble?
I suppose if they somehow manage to turn this mess around the praise that will be showered on them will be crazy, but what are the chances of that when the board remains the same?

The club that I grew up supporting doesn't really exist anymore. It was a club that had a reason for it's arrogance. It was a club that brought me and my papa together, something that we could enjoy equally. Even when we lost we knew that a better game was just around the corner.

Now it's like we finish on the bottom, we sack the coach, we move up the ladder, we sack the coach, we finish bottom, we sack the coach. Any chance I can get off this merry go round? I'm not having fun anymore.

Not much love for Barker on here.

What's that based on?

Is there anyone remotely associated with or had experience of his coaching?

To me he comes across as a bit of a likeable doofus, but that does mean he can't fill in for a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back