Malthouse sacked - Interim coach John Barker

Remove this Banner Ad

C8P2oLu.gif

Malthouse and Trigg behind closed doors moments before the decision was made.

will he want it, infact, will anyone want it? how much cash does another power broker at carlton wanna throw at it?

You're joking right? There's only 18 senior AFL coaches. That scarcity makes the job valuable and desirable. Look back to when Primus was sacked and the exact same question was posed regarding Port.

Disgusting. At a time when Carlton needed to show some resolve, they folded like Jack Watts at the thought of physical contact.

What an absolute rabble.

It was time for Mick to go. Players were not interested.

Carlton are better off giving their next coach the rest of the season to figure out the list first hand. And prepare for next season. Why delay it?

Fremantle were a bit of a rabble when Lyon took over
Port Adelaide were a rabble when Hinkley took over.

We have a good core group of players need a coach to get it out of them with a game plan that works.
Rabble? Hardly a rabble. We just came 11th with a 9/13 win loss record. Did one of the boldest, riskest move in our short history and away from the media spotlight (not one person knew about it, not even Lyon's manager). Ballsy move for the better of the list and club. Stark contrast to what Carlton are doing, letting media and speculation win and get the better of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done to the media, they got their man. Buckley had it right on 360 last night: You (Robbo/Whateley etc.) caused the circus, stop asking me whether I think it's unfair.

Last edited:
Best decision the club has made since getting rid of Pagan.

Washed up coach who had lost touch with the game. Remember the AFL coaches doco from last year?

MM: "I don't code, why do I need to code? I was at the game, I saw everything, I don't need to go through it again"
Clarko: "I love coding, I spend hours doing it".

Young coach with fresh ideas and lots of patience pls. Oh and a new board would be nice.

Win-win. No Malthouse who lost the players. More whinging and meltdowns by the clueless rank and file who make up most "supporter" bases.

John Barker is one of the greatest coaches I have dealt with, a total footy head but also has the personal skills so many in the game lack!

— Michelle Trewartha (@Mish_Trewartha) May 26, 2015

Yarran's ex or current GF who used to be our media manager.

I like this post because I pashed on with her at uni.

Football media bloodlust claims another victim. I guess their attention will turn to Justin Leppitsch or Rodney Eade now. Lucky both coaches are slightly sheltered from the glare in Queensland.
notsureifserious.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back