Malthouse sacked - Interim coach John Barker

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think we do.

Murphy, Gibbs, Henderson, Cripps, Menzel, Tuohy, Simpson, Buckley, Docherty, Bell, Walker, Jamison, Thomas, Yarran, Kreuzer are good group of players.

We are badly missing a full forward and center half forward in that group and need to get them. We have no forward line is the problem

Im sorry that list of players is all B graders, enough to scrape into the 8 maybe 2 years ago. Those players will not get you to a prelim final or better today or in the future regardless of who is coaching. Your own board said you needed to gut the list and rebuild.

That's Micks problem. Board gave him two weeks to show the group are more competitive than they are showing he spat the dummy and ran to the media throwing grenades. He is such a tosser.
Wow, a whole two weeks to turn around a bunch of players who are playing terrible football. Carlton will need two years to turn it around, maybe more.

Im sorry that list of players is all B graders, enough to scrape into the 8 maybe 2 years ago. Those players will not get you to a prelim final or better today or in the future regardless of who is coaching. Your own board said you needed to gut the list and rebuild.

What drugs are you on. That group got us three points to a preliminary final in 2011.

notsureifserious.jpg

Of course I'm serious. I wouldn't say it, if I wasn't. The media has largely driven this. It's symptomatic of the continual chase for news (any news) to fill the available airwaves and print space. The media needs stories that will sell, fuelled by a section of the public that revels on negative news. The football media is no different...with its own over analysis of football where every on-field or off-field issue, or in some cases non-issue, is covered from every possible angle to the nth degree. Boards are sensitive to such negative coverage and often they consider that they need to respond to any negative coverage by being seen to do something...anything.... in order to take the pressure off them.

When one issue is resolved, the media move onto another. I have no doubt that media speculation will now shift from Carlton and Malthouse to another club and another coach that hasn't notched too many wins thus far.

CF6EIYsWMAAaqA8.jpg

Just got this confirmed from my journo girlfriend - was hoping to start the thread and bring on the sweet sweet likes.

Carlton BETTER NOT ******* LIFT this weekend against Sydney
that is particularly unlikely

I would start Trigg in the square - who was his dodgy underhanded dealing with again??

What drugs are you on. That group got us three points to a preliminary final in 2011.
You only made the finals because Essendon got kicked out for the drugs saga

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle were a bit of a rabble when Lyon took over
Port Adelaide were a rabble when Hinkley took over.

We have a good core group of players need a coach to get it out of them with a game plan that works.

Pinot you are so off the mark its not funny.
When Lyon took over Freo , Freo were going well off the field we had a 9-13 season but injury ravaged but plenty of young kids blooded. Freo sacking Harvey shouldnt have been seen as that . It was the equivilant of trading in your 2 year old commodore for a brand new bmw . No knock on the vehicle that went at the door but the chance to get something better was there and we grabbed it.
The only rabble at that point of time if my memory serves correctly was Carlton , who didnt know what to do with Ratten & St Kilda who wouldnt even commit too giving a new contract too lyon

AFL need to sack the board too - and get rid of that bloke on the Gold Coast who is still pulling the strings.

Much seems to have changed since then. Not sure how Cripps, Buckley, Thomas and Menzel (?) affected that match 4 years ago
Of the others, you need to look at them and ask yourself, who has improved since?

Minus Cripps, Menzel, Buckley, Docherty, Bell and Thomas. Kruezer hardly gets on the park. Don't forget it's almost 4 years ago, that's a long time in footy.

Champ that was 4 years ago and that was not the list of players that got you to a prelim in 2011. Its funny that you think you can do a Port and turn your fortunes around with a new coach.

Your own board said it needs to gut that list, your best players would not even be at the top 5 players at any other Club which says it all.

The media has largely driven this.
Nonsense.

Malthouse put the blame for this seasons performance on the CEO & board. Unprovoked.

He created this situation and this morning sunk in the knife & twisted. All his doing.

Best decision the club has made since getting rid of Pagan.

Washed up coach who had lost touch with the game. Remember the AFL coaches doco from last year?

MM: "I don't code, why do I need to code? I was at the game, I saw everything, I don't need to go through it again"
Clarko: "I love coding, I spend hours doing it".

Young coach with fresh ideas and lots of patience pls. Oh and a new board would be nice.

heh ? Did you not have a young coach with fresh ideas in Ratts ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back