Malthouse sacked - Interim coach John Barker

Remove this Banner Ad

I imagine LoGuido made mick an offer he couldn't refuse

great we play them the week they sack him!!

feel sorry for him in the end

AFL investigating the Betts stuff?

Yep had to be this week, we will still win but going by history when there is a change in coach, they may have a red hot go....IMO he was the right coach to take them through this 'rebuild'. What difference is it going to make replacing him? What a rabble!

Dear fellas,

I can't believe how fast things move outside the Carlton Football Club. I saw a forward press once when I was a kid, but now they're everywhere. The game went and got itself in a big damn hurry. Nanette got me into this halfway house called the Brewer, and a job making special comments at the Friday Night Footy. It's hard work. I try to keep up, but my head hurts most of the time. I don't think my manager Mr Cometti likes me very much. Sometimes after work I go to Princes Park and feed the birds. I keep thinking Daisy might just show up and say hello. But he never does. I hope wherever he is, he's doing okay and making new friends. I have trouble sleeping at night. I have … bad dreams, like I'm falling down a ladder. I wake up scared. Sometimes it takes me a while to remember where I am. Maybe I should get me a gun and rob the Friday Night Footy, so they'd send me back to the Blues. I could shoot Mr Cometti while I was at it, sort of like a bonus! I guess I'm too old for that sort of nonsense anymore. I don't like it here. I'm tired of being afraid all the time. I've decided not to stay. I doubt they'll kick up any fuss. Not for an old coach like me.

MICK WAS HERE

How come?
The feeling amongst supporters was that he was inept. Forward line coach who couldn't get a forward line consisting of Franklin, Rough and Cyril to fulfil its talent.

That's not to say he wasn't a scapegoat.

Prez looks down at the table while trying to tell reporters the board is not in crisis. His body language is a dead giveaway.

He doesn't believe what he's saying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Journo: "Is the club in crisis?"

President: "No ... we have a plan of where we're going and we've known for a long time"
What a stupid ******* question. I have to wonder what goes through these people's heads. Is the president or CEO ever going to just flat-out say, "yeah, mate. We're in crisis. Club is in the shitter."

Daisy left Ikon Park shattered.

Pack your bags son - I am sure the Suns would want you for a sausage roll.

Daisy is last piece of this bizarre Kernahan-Swann puzzle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back