Bumped Malthouse...Foxtel interview and more (latest post #1509)

eddiebankbalance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 28, 2011
melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
121005_ratten246b.jpg

May 7, 2011
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Tottenham, Oakland Raiders
Almost certain to see Mick back at Collingwood some time soon (next 18 months) receiving his well deserved life membership.

I'm not bitter towards Mick, he hasn't changed one bit since his time at the Dogs as coach, he's always been in it for his own legacy and to further his own record. He went to Carlton for one reason, and that was to beat Jock's record and in doing so stick it up Collingwood a little bit.

He's a Collingwood premiership coach though, so he will get life membership, and deservedly so.
Whatever.
Hopefully, it's the only Pies function he attends, and I don't need to think about him again after this thread's pure joy slowly tapers off.

At this moment I think the most graceful thing we can do as a club is to offer Mick an off-field role as Simon Prestigiacomo's assistant in the souvenir shop
Presti dislikes this post....o_Oo_O
WTF has he done to deserve Mick?

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bit of respect for Mick, he's our premiership coach for Christ's sake and a large part of our history. Leigh Matthews pissed off and coached another club to 3 consecutive flags but noone gives him any stick.

May 7, 2011
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I don't take huge pleasure in anyone losing their job or for the stress he must have been under.
The bolded however is something I'll never get past. The destabilisation of OUR CLUB over discontent re a contract he signed (!!!). He repeated many times in the past few weeks that he would never walk away from a contract - well he did, from us, and it took us a year (or 3) to recover from the waves that spread through the playing group

Yep

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός
May 7, 2011
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bit of respect for Mick, he's our premiership coach for Christ's sake and a large part of our history. Leigh Matthews pissed off and coached another club to 3 consecutive flags but noone gives him any stick.
Please!
You're really comparing the circumstances of how those two left!

popin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers, Craig lowndes
o_O:drunk::rolleyes:

Leigh Did not Coach the Scum and Not Bash the Club before you leave

The Magnificent Seven

Bucks Lockdown Beard, The Sherriff, Rrrooocccaaa
Jun 4, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
We live and then we die. Bygones and all that. So...

While he coached against 'our boys' I had contempt. And now, given his dignified public response to his 'sacking', I wish him nothing but happiness in his career beyond football.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
COLLINGWOOD

I don't have much love for Mathews either, but to compare his exit from Collingwood as similar to MM is just ridiculous. I don't remember LM trying to torch the place on the way out, whilst dreadfully undermining his assistant who had stayed loyal and dignified through out.

May MM get his life membership in the post and never set foot in the club again.

Last edited:

Wayne Arnold

Club Legend
Jun 15, 2012
Locked and Loaded
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
ASADA, Good Thymosin, Prahran U 9s
Pfft - everyone's entitled to their own view of it all.
Pretty sure he's referring to the lack of acknowledgement shown to The Sampler's quality post.

I definitely agree with Ed, it was quality, however, I have no like privileges so couldn't pay it the respect it deserved.

eddiebankbalance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 28, 2011
melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
You can start by leaving Jesus out of this thank you.

Back