Blaine Boekhorst - oooops

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think there are many Melbourne supporters who think that he can genuinely play in the midfield. Expectation from the club I believe is that he'll play the majority of minutes up forward while spending some time as a link up player through the high midfield and maybe half back.
Jeffy has 14 clearances so far this year - not sure how many are centre square clearances but that's not too bad as he only seems to go in there 3 or 4 times a game. He does seem to read the taps well.

Jeffy has 14 clearances so far this year - not sure how many are centre square clearances but that's not too bad as he only seems to go in there 3 or 4 times a game. He does seem to read the taps well.
Would all be from I50 throw-ins I reckon.

You can get that stat from the afl page (although it's a pain to navigate)

He has 3 centre clearances for the year.

Boek hasn't had a full pre-season, but the fact he hasn't played more games is almost the perfect footnote to Malthouse's efforts in 2015. One thing we've lacked are speedsters who can carry the ball and make the most of our clearance dominance. Hasn't been a smooth transition to the next gen with Yarran and Army the two fast players remaining from Lucas, Garlett, Yarran, Armfield and Betts who played in the following game.

Boekhorst, Tutt and Buckley have been as out of favour as Graham. Tutt has had a crack after being brought back into the side. Should have given them more games in light of Yarran, Walker, Sheahan, Byrne, Simpson and Thomas missing games due to injury or suspension.

Will be interesting to see whether he come straight in this week for the Sydney game, might as well give him a bit of game time this year.

Will be a few in that boat I would have thought. Graham and Boekhorst could really benefit from Mick leaving, as might Smith, Holman and even DVR.

Will be a few in that boat I would have thought. Graham and Boekhorst could really benefit from Mick leaving, as might Smith, Holman and even DVR.
Reckon it'll depend on what directive's Barker has been given from up above. Can absolutely see a few more kids being played (Graham & Boek especially), but flooding the 1's with too many kids could be a bit over the top. Smith is still a few steps behind at senior level, though i'd be interested to see what DVR has to offer.

Reckon it'll depend on what directive's Barker has been given from up above. Can absolutely see a few more kids being played (Graham & Boek especially), but flooding the 1's with too many kids could be a bit over the top. Smith is still a few steps behind at senior level, though i'd be interested to see what DVR has to offer.
I agree, but i wrote elsewhere that these guys playing when warranted could very much help fast track their development. Write off this season and start planning for 2016.

I agree, but i wrote elsewhere that these guys playing when warranted could very much help fast track their development. Write off this season and start planning for 2016.
Absolutely i agree. Need to have the balance right between kids and experience because they might not learn much getting pummelled week in week out if theres too many inexperienced kids going around. Wait and see, but i'm genuinely interested for selection this week.

Absolutely i agree. Need to have the balance right between kids and experience because they might not learn much getting pummelled week in week out if theres too many inexperienced kids going around. Wait and see, but i'm genuinely interested for selection this week.

I think we all are.

Boek hasn't had a full pre-season, but the fact he hasn't played more games is almost the perfect footnote to Malthouse's efforts in 2015. One thing we've lacked are speedsters who can carry the ball and make the most of our clearance dominance. Hasn't been a smooth transition to the next gen with Yarran and Army the two fast players remaining from Lucas, Garlett, Yarran, Armfield and Betts who played in the following game.

Boekhorst, Tutt and Buckley have been as out of favour as Graham. Tutt has had a crack after being brought back into the side. Should have given them more games in light of Yarran, Walker, Sheahan, Byrne, Simpson and Thomas missing games due to injury or suspension.

Pace is the last of your worries. I mean we have Shuey and Yeo who have above average speed but I'd say Carlton are still a quicker team than West Coast with Yarran, Tuohy, Walker and a few others

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pace is the last of your worries. I mean we have Shuey and Yeo who have above average speed but I'd say Carlton are still a quicker team than West Coast with Yarran, Tuohy, Walker and a few others
Mick wasn't playing Buckley, Graham, Tutt and Boekhorst. First three have played under Barker. Makes you wonder why Buckley and Graham have been out.
Boekhurst.... what were we thinking?
Were you thinking before you posted another meltdown and jumped the gun?

Boek needs a full pre-season before he can be expected to come in and be a regular. Even Macrae was dropped back to the VFL this year and under McCartney. Has a similar game to Buckley and Thomas. Cracked in hard against the Saints with his defensive pressure and hit targets.

What a fail this draft selection was. Boekhorst was a third selection pick at best and all the recruiters knew it. Carlton wanted to fast track their way out of a bottom four finish by drafting a more mature body..... what a fail. Surely the recruiters are going to be moved on now.

Already has been moved on.....and his mate Greg Swann has given him a new job. Enjoy.
Thanks for Crippa though.

First round pick used on a guy you could of got in the rookie draft
This just isn't true.

By all reports we would've taken him with our next available pick if it weren't for the interest of a couple of other clubs.

Still... unsure how people have already written him off as a dud 10 rounds into his first season? He's played a couple of games and looked pretty decent. Lacking an AFL tank granted... but he's 2 year older than the average draftee... not 5.

This just isn't true.

By all reports we would've taken him with our next available pick if it weren't for the interest of a couple of other clubs.

Still... unsure how people have already written him off as a dud 10 rounds into his first season? He's played a couple of games and looked pretty decent. Lacking an AFL tank granted... but he's 2 year older than the average draftee... not 5.
The same rationale was used when we took Christian Howard at pick 17. Taking players for fear of missing them later in the draft is amateur hour. Take best available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back