Oppo Camp 2015 non-Geelong match and general football discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but part of the problem is that Malthouse appeared to completely over-estimate the quality of the list when he took the job.
Not only when he took the job. He was reported as saying before this season he couldn't see anyone beating them. Silly, even if lighthearted.

Still, he deserved a better exit than the ham-fisted one he got.

And here i was thinking you were starting to loose your marbles, i was wrong your as sharp as a tack.
Fred is sharper than most here

Will be very interesting to see how the Blues go about it from here.

They SHOULD get a coach who is in for building from the ground up, cull the list and get some decent picks, cop a few more years of hurt for the end result..

But they likely will throw a heap of cash at the next 'name' coach available and continue on in their arrogantly self inflicted cycle of garbage.

Many a new coach are guilty of that... often the ones that are the most accurate in the interview don't get the job because the board doesn't want to hear they are a long way off
Yep. Scott nailed the brief in his interview for the Geelong job: we can win the 2011 flag but still develop with an eye to 2015.

Yep. Scott nailed the brief in his interview for the Geelong job: we can win the 2011 flag but still develop with an eye to 2015.
The bigger the club (and the more arrogant) the more likely they are to run with who tells them what they want to hear as well.

The story is Knights at Essendon told them they could contend, Hardwick told them they needed a lot of work....
mind you Knights was set up to fail regardless of what happened there following on from Sheeds

Last edited:

They SHOULD get a coach who is in for building from the ground up, cull the list and get some decent picks, cop a few more years of hurt for the end result..

But they likely will throw a heap of cash at the next 'name' coach available and continue on in their arrogantly self inflicted cycle of garbage.
They will probably throw 1 mil at Woosha. I think who ever it is is ****ed. I cannot see Carlton tolerating seasons like the Dogs and Saints have had of late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely its time they played down at KP next year. Surely Colin Carter should lobby for that. They don't get big crowds any more, have a low membership so enough with pampering their players with Friday night games so they can go out and get pissed on the Saturday - they don't deserve it!

92a061a2d68b0b829b044b14209c6f530a488713751be3710fa0128a473a3c56.jpg

Surely its time they played down at KP next year. Surely Colin Carter should lobby for that. They don't get big crowds any more, have a low membership so enough with pampering their players with Friday night games so they can go out and get pissed on the Saturday - they don't deserve it!
That would be such a slap to their 'big club' ego....

I'd love it!! :D

My tip for the next coach of Carlton,Clarko the blues will throw the kitchen sink at him.
They will throw the kitchen sink at him but I think he's too smart to go near the joint.

Not only when he took the job. He was reported as saying before this season he couldn't see anyone beating them. Silly, even if lighthearted.

Still, he deserved a better exit than the ham-fisted one he got.
Malthouse wouldn't resign, it's not in his DNA ;) He waited to get fired so he'd collect his $$$, if he'd resigned, he'd not have received those $$$.

Malthouse wouldn't resign, it's not in his DNA ;) He waited to get fired so he'd collect his $$$, if he'd resigned, he'd not have received those $$$.
Think there was more to it than merely getting his payout. His departure was in many respects reminiscent to that at the Maggies

This will be a really good test for any coach new or established.

I reckon right now, Rod Eade wishes he had kept his powder dry. He could have walked in ay Carlton with the old "5 year plan yada yada yada".
Superannuation covered.

Now he has to convince the GCFC board of this. From finisher to developer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back