Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally half the coaches in the competition coming out of Lions/Bears/Fitzroy. Not bad.

Tough gig picking up the pieces at Carlton. I wonder if some players who haven't signed a contract might want out with all this unrest. (Looking at you Hendo).

Tough gig picking up the pieces at Carlton. I wonder if some players who haven't signed a contract might want out with all this unrest. (Looking at you Hendo).
Aish for Henderson + Fringe Player?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A week?

He'll cop a very hefty suspension. Quite a big suspension actually.
Wow, spot on Crawb.
Can't say I agree with it, but you were all over it.
_42415803_warne_doff270.jpg

Been busy today, so not right across the Malthouse interviews or statements, but this caught my eye;
Claims Eddie Betts struck a deal to join Adelaide 18-months before leaving Carlton have been denied by his manager and Blues CEO Steven Trigg.
Sacked Carlton coach Mick Malthouse made explosive revelations on SEN this morning that Trigg has admitted to signing the then free agent well before he came out of contract.
I am far from being a Mick fan, but if I had to choose whether to believe him or "Brown Paper Bag' Trigg, I know which I'd pick.

Been busy today, so not right across the Malthouse interviews or statements, but this caught my eye;

I am far from being a Mick fan, but if I had to choose whether to believe him or "Brown Paper Bag' Trigg, I know which I'd pick.

Unless theres some disgruntled party we don't know about, highly unlikely anything will come of this. Won't be able to corroborate any of it me thinks. Robbo said it'll be a 1 day story which I agree with. True or false it was an awesome 'grenade' for Mick to throw.

Unless theres some disgruntled party we don't know about, highly unlikely anything will come of this. Won't be able to corroborate any of it me thinks. Robbo said it'll be a 1 day story which I agree with. True or false it was an awesome 'grenade' for Mick to throw.
I don't think there would be any evidence either, but given Trigg was involved with other illegal contract arrangements at the time, I am far from surprised if that was the case.

Don't mind Brendan Goddard the player, but he adds absolutely nothing to AFL 360. Doesn't really have much of an opinion and when he does it isn't a very informed opinion.

Agree. No one would have signed anything, it'd just be "understood" that he was going to join which is not uncommon given the nature of the AFL's contract system. Only if someone would be moronic enough to put it in writing, and then disgruntle the parties with it in writing sufficiently for word to start come out would anything happen, and surely no one would be that dumb. Especially someone who's lead a club like Adel...

Huh.

Never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back