Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know how someone can be happy to throw money away on the betting for new coaches. You can Put money on such Carlton legends such as Mil Hanna, Ang Christou and Brendan Fevola for next Coach.
you'd be surprised how few ex-Carlton players coach now days, Scott Camporeale (Adelaide), Brett Ratten (Hawthorn, ex-Carlton coach), Aaron Hammill (St. Kilda) and Adrian Hickmont (West Coast), and only two of them played in the 1995 Premiership. At state league level, Earl Spalding coaches Perth, and they won the WAFL wooden spoon last year.

Mil Hanna owns a cafe, Ang Christou owned a souvlaki shop and Fev is just playing country footy

Last edited:
sometimes I think Malthouse only took the Carlton job to stick it to Eddie and Collingwood for ousting him

he's a defensive coach, but can you name a good defender at Carlton? exactly

if Carlton have a fire sale at the end of the season, I wouldn't mind either Troy Menzel or Cam Giles at Port

Last edited:

sometimes I think Malthouse only took the Carlton job to stick it to Eddie and Collingwood for ousting him

he's a defensive coach, but can you name a good defender at Carlton? exactly

if Carlton have a fire sale at the end of the season, I wouldn't mind either Troy Menzel or Cam Giles at Port

The multi-million dollar contract may also have been a factor.

Trigg covering his ass: "I've got 8 people at the table who heard me say that we tracked Betts' performance against other small forwards for 12 months!"

Yep, because Malthouse is a senile * and would equate that to Trigg saying the deal was done 18 months prior.

Carlton need an entire culture change. Everyone involved with the club needs to change their mindset about what is required to be successful in this league or they need to go.

They pretty desperately need a KT type. They have all the advantages in the world but, much like our players are currently experiencing, it doesn't matter how much it looks like it's going to work, you still have to do absolutely everything at the elite level, from the President to the coach to the boot studder.

I know people always say when you get the chance to be head coach you have to take it, but seriously you'd be stupid to go anywhere near Carlton.

Steven Trigg, Edelsten giving you coaching advice in the box at qtr time, all the other ex players that hang around and people with money behind the scenes that the club can't get rid of. The biggest basket case in footy history.

and thats before you start looking at the playing list...

Trigg covering his ass: "I've got 8 people at the table who heard me say that we tracked Betts' performance against other small forwards for 12 months!"

Yep, because Malthouse is a senile ****** and would equate that to Trigg saying the deal was done 18 months prior.
Someone is lying, and if Trigg has moved that far from what Mick claims he says...then that might mean there's something in it. If he has just said he didn't say signed it would be a lot more believable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, because Malthouse is a senile ****** and would equate that to Trigg saying the deal was done 18 months prior.

Imagine that conversation. Trigg tells his new club that they lost Betts and dont worry about it because we 'tracked him for 12 months and compared him to other small forwards'. That wouldn't even be worth saying.
Did he follow up with 'new plan guys, what we are going to do is investigate our opposition and see if we can work out the good players from the bad players'.

I know people always say when you get the chance to be head coach you have to take it, but seriously you'd be stupid to go anywhere near Carlton.

Steven Trigg, Edelsten giving you coaching advice in the box at qtr time, all the other ex players that hang around and people with money behind the scenes that the club can't get rid of. The biggest basket case in footy history.

and thats before you start looking at the playing list...

Yep agree.

What they need at the moment is a Primus to turn the list over, get games into the kids and cop abuse for s**t performance for a few years.

During that time they need to put a broom through the entire club. Given the no-second-chances nature of AFL coaching, as an aspiring coach you'd run the other way if they approached you at this point in time.

Hopefully they give it to a club stalwart or someone who has been an AFL coach before so they don't poison a new coach right at the start of his senior coaching career.

Carlton need an entire culture change. Everyone involved with the club needs to change their mindset about what is required to be successful in this league or they need to go.

They pretty desperately need a KT type. They have all the advantages in the world but, much like our players are currently experiencing, it doesn't matter how much it looks like it's going to work, you still have to do absolutely everything at the elite level, from the President to the coach to the boot studder.
Culture change is extremely difficult. Extremely. The rot has been at Carlton for decades. CEOs, coaches... They've all got to battle against a rotten culture.

Imagine trying to instill a ruthless, professional, winning culture under Steven bloody Trigg. He epitomises incompetence and complacency.

Yeah I have no doubt that trigg said what mick claims. it doesn't seem likely that trigg would have said something like we trackd betts , that wouldnt mean anything to mick in the context.

The only question is whether trigg was exaggerating the time frame or the level of commitment made between the two. I'm not sure if we can get know , because I wouldn't trust adelaide to tell the truth here with what's at stake.

Let's not forget who the real victim is in all this:
0512_gameday7_lrg-18ou1rq.jpg

Culture change is extremely difficult. Extremely. The rot has been at Carlton for decades. CEOs, coaches... They've all got to battle against a rotten culture.

Imagine trying to instill a ruthless, professional, winning culture under Steven bloody Trigg. He epitomises incompetence and complacency.

What might be legitimately easier for Carlton is banding together with the big clubs and pressure the AFL to wind back equalisation measures.

Aiming to gain an unfair advantage would certainly explain the hiring of Trigg.

All partisan rhetoric and lulz aside, I'd love to be treated to the rationale they used to conclude, "Steven, you are the outstanding candidate, welcome aboard".

It couldn't be for his record at Adelaide.

LOL.

And just a fortnight later...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back