Adelaide alleged to have signed Betts 18 months before he left Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't the fact that Betts was a RFA and Carlton was able to match any offer missing from this discussion.

The whole allegation lacks logic.

My only concern as an Adelaide fan is that Triggs name is involved. Like herpes, Trigg just keeps on giving and not in a good way.
But if you're Malthouse and looking to get one over Trigg, what better than an allegation that he's up to his old tricks with illegal player contracts again. Malthouse ain't dumb, it was the perfect mud to sling at Trigg, Betts and the Crows just get caught in the cross-fire unfortunately.

So Trigg just leaks information about how he masterminded their best player leaving illegally.

And Malthouse waits until the day he's sacked too reveal it.

The rest of the Carlton board do or say nothing about it either.

Seems legit...

Eddie Betts; Carlton's best player? :$

You have a yellow Eddie Betts pocket t-shirt, don't you?

This sounds like a storm in a teacup.

If Adelaide or Trigg or whoever were speaking to Betts 18 months out then naughty naughty but to suggest he had already signed a contract at that point is ridiculous.

If it turns out to be true then some very heavy punishment would be coming the way of Adelaide, Trigg and Betts you'd imagine.

Melbourne sacks a coach, Crows punished.
Carlton sacks a coach, Crows punished.

Anyone at North got Crows skeletons?

Yeah yeah, but just saying that clubs have been investigated in the past based on comments in the media - not sure how this is that different based on that criteria is all.
Oh right I got you now. The difference is that its a can of worms type thing. How many hundreds of contracts have been handled the same way? How many teams have actively tanked? Probably 2.

But if you're Malthouse and looking to get one over Trigg, what better than an allegation that he's up to his old tricks with illegal player contracts again. Malthouse ain't dumb, it was the perfect mud to sling at Trigg, Betts and the Crows just get caught in the cross-fire unfortunately.

I have a few thoughts on this - 1) Malthouse pissed he's copping flak for Betts leaving 2) Malthouse v Trigg and 3) Trigg being that stupid he genuinely said what he said (because Adelaide knew they would get Betts, but Trigg is such a moron that he said "stiched up")

Oh right I got you now. The difference is that its a can of worms type thing. How many hundreds of contracts have been handled the same way? How many teams have actively tanked? Probably 2.

Yeah, it is still different - everyone 'knew' Melbourne tanked (or at least accused them of it), these are completely new, unfounded allegations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie Betts; Carlton's best player? :$

You have a yellow Eddie Betts pocket t-shirt, don't you?
Was your best player. It's a typo - you don't have to be so harsh - it's bigfooty after all.

I have a few thoughts on this - 1) Malthouse pissed he's copping flak for Betts leaving 2) Malthouse v Trigg and 3) Trigg being that stupid he genuinely said what he said (because Adelaide knew they would get Betts, but Trigg is such a moron that he said "stiched up")
#3, I have very little doubt Trigg would have said something along those lines in order to big note himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back